testtest

XD-M Elite Shoot-Off: 5.25" Precision vs. 3.8" Compact

Grifter absolutely do. I had been looking and reading about the 5.25 wanting to start doing some of the competition at our local gun range. The chemo and radiation diet got in the way and I decided if I survived I would get one. I have had a number of firearms over the years but have never had one that seems to be so instinctive in the way it comes on target. And something I find very amusing is the fact it holds 22 rounds in the magazine. I also decided to get the XDM Elite 4.5. Love both and they are great to shoot. And the magazines are interchangeable.

Grifter absolutely do. I had been looking and reading about the 5.25 wanting to start doing some of the competition at our local gun range. The chemo and radiation diet got in the way and I decided if I survived I would get one. I have had a number of firearms over the years but have never had one that seems to be so instinctive in the way it comes on target. And something I find very amusing is the fact it holds 22 rounds in the magazine. I also decided to get the XDM Elite 4.5. Love both and they are great to shoot. And the magazines are interchangeable.
Definitely will.

Not really good comparison. Use the same sight equipment on both pistols, then post your findings, please. I have found with a extremely steady rest that sometimes the smaller pistols can be as accurate if not more than a full size or larger gun. I find out that distance is what shows the longer sight picture and longer barrel to outshine, at least for me.

^ I'd like to see the two guns reviewed with the same sighting system, too. :)

FWIW, I did a fun back-to-back-to-back between my 3.8 Compact, my 4.5-inch, and a store-rental 5.25, back when the 5.25 was new and Springfield ran the "Test Drive" program with affiliate dealers/ranges.

With my XDm9 3.8 Compact, shooting standard 115 gr. range-fodder, at the time I undertook that comparison, I'd usually score between 93 to 97 on the Vickers/Hackathorn 10/10/10 (aka "The Test"). Slow fire (10 shots paced at approx. 1.5 seconds apart) at the 25 yard line, I typically score above 95 on the same NRA B8 repair center.

My 3.8 Compact and 4.5 both have Springer Precision drop-in trigger kits.

From what little I could notice as a relative novice at the time, I found myself really liking the 5.25 - as a factory-stock gun-store/range rental, was able to more or less match my worked 4.5-inch shot-for-shot.

I have an XDM Elite 4.5" in 9mm. It shoots extremely well with a multitude of ammo ranging from 115-147gr fmj rn and 115-125gr hp at 30' holding 10 shot groups in 3", factory and reloads. I have never had a jam or any other malfunction. I believe that any of the SA Elites will perform exceptionally in the hands of someone who takes time to learn how to shoot proficiently.

I regularly take a G34, XDe 3.3, M17 & XDM 5.5 Elite to the range. I actually suck do take the results with a grain of salt. The XDM shoots the best (for me) then the Sig, then the XDe then the G34. All basic iron sights. Cheap 115g coated loaded at minor PF.

Back