testtest

XD Mod.2 5"

jke43t

Alpha
Some time ago, I bought an XD Mod.2 5" in 9mm, double stack w/ Grip Zone. I'm looking for a new holster and some upgrades but I am struggling to find anything. My biggest issue is that when I look anything up I usually get results for XDs Mod.2 and that isn't helpful. I'm just hoping to find some possible upgrades and accessories.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It looks like the XD Tactical 5" is the most similar to what I have but I'm not well enough versed in the XD product lines to be sure.

Thanks for any help!

Some time ago, I bought an XD Mod.2 5" in 9mm, double stack w/ Grip Zone. I'm looking for a new holster and some upgrades but I am struggling to find anything. My biggest issue is that when I look anything up I usually get results for XDs Mod.2 and that isn't helpful. I'm just hoping to find some possible upgrades and accessories.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It looks like the XD Tactical 5" is the most similar to what I have but I'm not well enough versed in the XD product lines to be sure.

Thanks for any help!
I have an XD Mod 2 4" service model .45. I carry it in a Clinger Holsters No Print Wonder. You might check with them.

You are in luck. The Blackhawk A.R.C. holster pictured below should fit any double-stack XD or XD Mod.2. My .45 ACP XD Mod.2 with a 4" barrel fits with what looks like 1 inch to spare, so it should work for your 5-inch model. Palmetto State Armory is clearing them out right now for $9.99 on their website (UPC 604544617825, SKU 77932532).

I am not a gear-snob, but I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I never purchased Blackhawk products in the past because I considered them to be a bargain-bin Walmart brand. I recently lucked into a job dealing with purchasing contracts for a mid-size law enforcement agency, and manufacturers frequently send product samples for testing purposes. I tested the A.R.C. holster for my Glock 48, and was surprised to learn that this $20 msrp holster comfortably held the 48 closer to my body than several much more expensive holsters I have purchased. The Blackhawk also printed less than the more expensive holsters, while offering good retention and completely covering the trigger guard.

Up until this year, I never thought I would be recommending a Blackhawk holster over pricier brands. I cannot vouch for other Blackhawk models, but the A.R.C. IWB series are a tremendous value. I feel it is necessary to disclose that I have never worn this particular model, but that is only because I don't carry an XD as my EDC. I did purchase one when I saw the PSA sale, just because it was a great deal and I was impressed by the Glock 43/48 holster that I wore for testing. I can assure that I wouldn't have spent my own money on it if I didn't think it was a quality product.

Blackhawk ARC Holster.jpg

You are in luck. The Blackhawk A.R.C. holster pictured below should fit any double-stack XD or XD Mod.2. My .45 ACP XD Mod.2 with a 4" barrel fits with what looks like 1 inch to spare, so it should work for your 5-inch model. Palmetto State Armory is clearing them out right now for $9.99 on their website (UPC 604544617825, SKU 77932532).

I am not a gear-snob, but I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I never purchased Blackhawk products in the past because I considered them to be a bargain-bin Walmart brand. I recently lucked into a job dealing with purchasing contracts for a mid-size law enforcement agency, and manufacturers frequently send product samples for testing purposes. I tested the A.R.C. holster for my Glock 48, and was surprised to learn that this $20 msrp holster comfortably held the 48 closer to my body than several much more expensive holsters I have purchased. The Blackhawk also printed less than the more expensive holsters, while offering good retention and completely covering the trigger guard.

Up until this year, I never thought I would be recommending a Blackhawk holster over pricier brands. I cannot vouch for other Blackhawk models, but the A.R.C. IWB series are a tremendous value. I feel it is necessary to disclose that I have never worn this particular model, but that is only because I don't carry an XD as my EDC. I did purchase one when I saw the PSA sale, just because it was a great deal and I was impressed by the Glock 43/48 holster that I wore for testing. I can assure that I wouldn't have spent my own money on it if I didn't think it was a quality product.

View attachment 30210
Blackhawk catches a lot of crap on internet forums. I have a Serpa for a 1911 and it works just fine.

Blackhawk catches a lot of crap on internet forums. I have a Serpa for a 1911 and it works just fine.
Agreed. The two I have are great. Before I bought them all I heard was they are dangerous because the retention release lever is in line with the trigger/trigger guard so when you draw the gun your finger goes right onto the trigger. (Wrong) I train with mine regularly and never had that happen.

Great holster.

Ok so the only negative.
When using the belt loop attachment to use the holsters they sit away from my body a little to much to conceal affectively in warmer less clothing weather. Cooler weather with sweatshirts or jackets not a problem.

Agreed. The two I have are great. Before I bought them all I heard was they are dangerous because the retention release lever is in line with the trigger/trigger guard so when you draw the gun your finger goes right onto the trigger. (Wrong) I train with mine regularly and never had that happen.

Great holster.

Ok so the only negative.
When using the belt loop attachment to use the holsters they sit away from my body a little to much to conceal affectively in warmer less clothing weather. Cooler weather with sweatshirts or jackets not a problem.

The trigger thing can happen, and has happened.

I’ve also been in a class that involved unconventional shooting positions (groundwork) where someone’s Serpa jammed on a pebble that worked its way into the mechanism, making it impossible to draw the pistol.

I think the Safariland ALS/GLS is a far better system.

I had always heard the same thing. The thing that convinced me to test the A.R.C. is that it does not have a retention button. It offers good retention, it just doesn't use any sort of button or release mechanism in order to draw. I'm still wary of bargain brands in general, but the Blackhawk definitely proved me wrong in this case.

The trigger thing can happen, and has happened.

I’ve also been in a class that involved unconventional shooting positions (groundwork) where someone’s Serpa jammed on a pebble that worked its way into the mechanism, making it impossible to draw the pistol.

I think the Safariland ALS/GLS is a far better system.
I’ve read all the negative’s on the two Sherpa’s I have and understand their limitations and the need to focus on the draw. The SafariLand I have for my full size XDM 45ACP is a fantastic holster although it doesn’t conceal at all.

Thanks for any help!
I have a Comp Tac holster for mine. It works great.

According to my contacts in Oregon who have full size Springfield XD full size will have to rid themself of there high cap mags. After midterm election NO mags over 10rds and gun owners and would be buyers of firearms will be required to buy a FOID card like Chi town etc which will cost $50 and must be renewed every 5yrs. Now the real kicker The State Police will have say so if you can get one or not and so it starts as the valley and Portland and surrounding ares have the vote to pass it with out any problems as it is a full blown PROGRESSIVE state.

Back