testtest

XDM Elite clarification

The one thing for certain I love about the XDMs are the stainless mags and the poly mags don't drop as well without extra weight! Other than that the Glocks are fine with me!

^ The problem with the XDm's magazines, though, is that their structure tends to be weaker than their class-competitors'. This is a lamentations routinely heard/read.

That said, I've had excellent luck with mine - no, I'm not about to debate their objective weaknesses with my anecdotal evidence and experience, I'm just putting forward my perspective, that's all. :)

I have three magazines that I use exclusively for dry-fire training: two 19-rounders, plus one 13-rounder for my 3.8 Compact. I honestly have no idea how these feed anymore, as I don't load them with live rounds - but at least in terms of dry-fire cycling of snap-caps/dummies, their feed-lips seem to be OK, and their springs still strong enough to lock back the slide when I draw back on empty.

Live-fire, I have five 19-round mags that I currently use with my 3.8 Compact, along with one 13-round magazine. Similarly, there's also another set of six older 19-rounders, which, by January of 2018, were over 7 years old and had seen - as a conservative estimate - over 80,000 rounds cycled through their collective ranks:

1580746928286.png

^ I'd taken that picture to address a member's concerns at XDTalk in December of 2017. At that time, I'd only had the magazines in the bottom row - the five 19-rounders that I use when I train with my 3.8 Compact - for about two years. The difference in the condition of their followers and feed-lip consistency is readily noticeable compared against their 7+ year-old counterparts in the middle row.

To this day, those originial six magazines are still going strong - the last time they were put to "real" use was at a 3-hour "advanced applications" seminar that targeted "throttling" of the BSA template, held by a local instructor. In those three hours, I went through close to 600 rounds - that means that each of those six magazines saw about 100 rounds each, or five complete load-unload cycles. They have replacement magazine springs (Wolff) in them, but that's it (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179626-Springfield-xdm-9mm-mags&p=2259030#post2259030 - this thread came at the time when I had then-recently experienced some mag-related issues, and I replaced the springs in those original 6 magazines at that time (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179626-Springfield-xdm-9mm-mags&p=2259030#post2259030) .

ok having read what the op said, I just bought the new 3.8 Elite, and I have a about 6-8 mags from the elder 3.8, is there a conversion plates that I can buy, to make my elder mags hold 20 rounds?

I may sale the elder one or the mod 2 service model, I plan to send out the Elite to have it an optics cut to either galloway precision or L&M Precision GunWorks who do you guys recommend?

ok having read what the op said, I just bought the new 3.8 Elite, and I have a about 6-8 mags from the elder 3.8, is there a conversion plates that I can buy, to make my elder mags hold 20 rounds?

I may sale the elder one or the mod 2 service model, I plan to send out the Elite to have it an optics cut to either galloway precision or L&M Precision GunWorks who do you guys recommend?

I don’t know if Springfield is selling them, but possibly aftermarket extenders might work?

You can use the Glocks as targets for your new Elite's....LOL
Says the guy with the dial 1 before 911 would do? Don't start pi$$ing in the wind with those 1.......911! For those who are new and are reading this there is much sarcasm and ribbing on this forum! Mom! DJ and Random are picking on me! Will you give them a time out?.........heheheee :giggle:

As far as the XDms go my 10mm had too endure over 500 rounds before the accuracy improved! My glocks were point on right out of the box!
That's kind of odd. All my XDm's have been spot on strait out of the box. Now I had to adjust the adjustable night sights on my .45ACP 5.25. But the .40 was stellar from the start. Perhaps you just shoot Glock better? Perhaps it took 500 rounds to learn the XDm?

Back