testtest

Xdm Elite Compact osp and Holosun 507k

Does anyone know if a Holosun 507k red dot will mount on this gun and what is needed?
I would like to know as well.

Looking at size though I think the 507k is for micro setups, and the 507C is the one for the elite compact.

Did you get one @Jfiore ? I am trying to figure out what/if dot will go on it. Right now I am seeing we need an adapter plate to get ANY dot to work which is not cool.

Plates below

Does anyone know if a Holosun 507k red dot will mount on this gun and what is needed?
Hi, I recently purchase that gun and that’s the red dot I plan to install (or the 407k which is the 6 MOA variant.

You will need the Leopold/Shield plate. The only problem is they decided to not use all the retention points that mount system includes in order to provide the water prof.

You can see this video which is not XDM related, but will tell you what you need to trim.

Holosun 507X2 review
The footprint info and adapter modification starts around 6:20

I would like to know as well.

Looking at size though I think the 507k is for micro setups, and the 507C is the one for the elite compact.

Did you get one @Jfiore ? I am trying to figure out what/if dot will go on it. Right now I am seeing we need an adapter plate to get ANY dot to work which is not cool.

Plates below

While k dots are for micro setups, I have seen on the Internet videos that most red dots go past the width of the slide probably due to the smaller width at the top. That top width is probably closer to a flat inch which is very close to sub compact width territory.

Hi, I recently purchase that gun and that’s the red dot I plan to install (or the 407k which is the 6 MOA variant.

You will need the Leopold/Shield plate. The only problem is they decided to not use all the retention points that mount system includes in order to provide the water prof.

You can see this video which is not XDM related, but will tell you what you need to trim.

Holosun 507X2 review
The footprint info and adapter modification starts around 6:20
(y) Thanks

Holosun 507X2 review
The footprint info and adapter modification starts around 6:2

Thank you @Fixer99 . So you are putting the micro RDS 407k/507k on your XDM Elite versus the 407c/507c? I was actually just googling that last night as I have a 507k spare, and would apparently just need the plate from SA that allows for the pattern.

However, I cannot find anyone who as already done it to see what it looks like. I guess I can also be the guinea pig but everything is so slow to ship nowadays...

Thank you @Fixer99 . So you are putting the micro RDS 407k/507k on your XDM Elite versus the 407c/507c? I was actually just googling that last night as I have a 507k spare, and would apparently just need the plate from SA that allows for the pattern.

However, I cannot find anyone who as already done it to see what it looks like. I guess I can also be the guinea pig but everything is so slow to ship nowadays...
I got a minor complication with my gun, and since haven’t done break in period no idea if that’s going to fix my minor issue. For the time being the plate and sight are on hold until either issue is fixed by use or by returning to SA.

Are XDM mounting plates plastic or metal?

I got a minor complication with my gun, and since haven’t done break in period no idea if that’s going to fix my minor issue. For the time being the plate and sight are on hold until either issue is fixed by use or by returning to SA.

Are XDM mounting plates plastic or metal?
Looks to be metal, but does not actually say.

I bought adapter plates from CHWPS before and those are metal quality ones.

Well, will see if my stuff comes in and I will post.

Update - I am finding that NO ONE makes a mounting plate for the 507k x2 onto an Elite 3.8 Compact OSP. Hard to believe one of the most popular red dots cannot be mounted on this gun. Only the larger 507c. Has anyone found anything different?

I just ordered that as the free plate Springfield gives, will have it on Thursday, but I spoke directly to Springfield and they said it will not fit. We will see if they are right, but not optimistic.

I just ordered that as the free plate Springfield gives, will have it on Thursday, but I spoke directly to Springfield and they said it will not fit. We will see if they are right, but not optimistic.
Well that is odd. I wonder if it has something to do with the way the posts are on the XDm-Elite. I have not found a pic of the XDM Elite without the plate. Maybe it has something to do with that, as I know the 507k will not fit the hellcat due to the posts on the slide. Have to grind them or get a plate from CHWPS.

Can you take a pic of the slide without the plate? Would be helpful to all I am sure.

And @xdman did it already. Yeah some weird slide setup, as well as what looks like the indicator at the front.

I was really hoping to use my 507k on the XDM elite compact...

I have a heck of a deal going on for the 507C thats the one that’s going to be the RMR footprint, you would need the RMR adapter plate to use on the XDM OSP

I have a heck of a deal going on for the 507C thats the one that’s going to be the RMR footprint, you would need the RMR adapter plate to use on the XDM OSP
that does look like a great deal! I was going to go 407c for sub 200, but I really wanted the 507k to work (as it is sitting collecting dust). I am guessing you know it won’t fit with the shield /wasp plate?

that does look like a great deal! I was going to go 407c for sub 200, but I really wanted the 507k to work (as it is sitting collecting dust). I am guessing you know it won’t fit with the shield /wasp plate?
No the Shield/Wasp is a different red dot standard.

If you have access to a dremel tool, you can do the plate modification. There are plenty videos of what you need to modify. Or can try the conversion adapter for Glock/Hellcat Shield to Holosun 407K.

And Holosun C line of sights use a different mount, the Trijicon/RMR if I’m not mistaken.

ok so we finally got this done! The 507k x2 mounted on the Elite compact. I got the mounting plate #2 from Springfield. I had to use a Dremel rotary tool to grind off the one front tab, and to grind down the 2 rear tabs about half way. The plate fit the gun perfectly, and now the optic fit the mount perfectly. The only problem was the screws supplied with the optic were too long. I didn't know how to trim them, so I brought it to my local gun store and they shortened them. All now firmly mounted.
Elite Compact w Optic.jpg

ok so we finally got this done! The 507k x2 mounted on the Elite compact. I got the mounting plate #2 from Springfield. I had to use a Dremel rotary tool to grind off the one front tab, and to grind down the 2 rear tabs about half way. The plate fit the gun perfectly, and now the optic fit the mount perfectly. The only problem was the screws supplied with the optic were too long. I didn't know how to trim them, so I brought it to my local gun store and they shortened them. All now firmly mounted.
View attachment 17688
That looks great! Also seems like you don’t get that wide overhang from the other rds.

looks like that back site notch on the holosun may still work as well?

Back