testtest

Xdm Elite Compact osp and Holosun 507k

Unfortunately the excellent iron sights on the gun cannot be used at all. The only way to use them to co-witness would be to install high iron optics. Possible in the future, but for now all is good.

That looks great! Also seems like you don’t get that wide overhang from the other rds.

looks like that back site notch on the holosun may still work as well?
Greetings,

Can you please share which mounting plate you ordered from. Springfield?
ok so we finally got this done! The 507k x2 mounted on the Elite compact. I got the mounting plate #2 from Springfield. I had to use a Dremel rotary tool to grind off the one front tab, and to grind down the 2 rear tabs about half way. The plate fit the gun perfectly, and now the optic fit the mount perfectly. The only problem was the screws supplied with the optic were too long. I didn't know how to trim them, so I brought it to my local gun store and they shortened them. All now firmly mounted.
View attachment 17688
Greetings,

Which mounting plate did you order from Springfield? I want this exact setup for my 10mm.

I was looking at the same thing, the 2 cons for me about the dragonfly is the battery on the bottom, and the way the red dot hangs over the sides of the frame. It just looks funky

I was looking at the same thing, the 2 cons for me about the dragonfly is the battery on the bottom, and the way the red dot hangs over the sides of the frame. It just looks funky
It does look funny, but I really like the large window on the sight.

Well I couldn't find the right thread? For those looking for holosun 507c, gunmag warehouse has them for $309.99. Not sure if it's a good price?

That looks great! Also seems like you don’t get that wide overhang from the other rds.

looks like that back site notch on the holosun may still work as well?
OK just went through this myself. I used the Powder River plates (Plate #2)
The two sets of screws are 6-32 and 8-32 both with T-10 Torx heads
They are 7/16 long but to work with the powder river plates they needed to be 3/8
The way to cut them down to length is to use a wire stripper. I included pictures. They have a section where you can size bolts from 10-24 all they way down to 4-40 to cut them you thread the bolt in to the needed length and then squeeze the pliers and it cuts the bolt. Then as you unthread it it cleans up the threads.
Or you can go down to Ace Hardware and get some they have a good varity and the people who work there know what they are doing.
Choice 3 you can get some on Amazon Here is the Link

Attachments

• Wire Stripper 2.jpg
    Wire Stripper 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • Wire Stripper.jpg
    Wire Stripper.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
OK just went through this myself. I used the Powder River plates (Plate #2)
The two sets of screws are 6-32 and 8-32 both with T-10 Torx heads
They are 7/16 long but to work with the powder river plates they needed to be 3/8
The way to cut them down to length is to use a wire stripper. I included pictures. They have a section where you can size bolts from 10-24 all they way down to 4-40 to cut them you thread the bolt in to the needed length and then squeeze the pliers and it cuts the bolt. Then as you unthread it it cleans up the threads.
Or you can go down to Ace Hardware and get some they have a good varity and the people who work there know what they are doing.
Choice 3 you can get some on Amazon Here is the Link
I've done similar ways in the past as you have done. Also, if it's longer than the screw with the nut screwed all the way light, just add shims, washers or something that doesn't compress. Where the thread starts you might need too use a file too clean it up.

Back