testtest

Xdm elite holsters?

@xdman other than the cuts for the slide serrations, aren’t the Elites the same footprint as the XDM?
I believe so. I think all the dimensions are identical. Besides the slide serrations, there's the ambi-slide stop. I was just trying to make sure and skip the 8 weeks of shipping/returns with all the crazy lead times lol.

I was just searching for a holster on Alien Gear, Galco and Fobus sites, no one lists the Elite, only the XDM. Did any of you have any luck with XDM 3.8" holsters working with your Elites?

Thanks, I'm new to this form.

I was just searching for a holster on Alien Gear, Galco and Fobus sites, no one lists the Elite, only the XDM. Did any of you have any luck with XDM 3.8" holsters working with your Elites?

Thanks, I'm new to this form.
Yes, I ordered a Reckoning holster from Crossbreed.

I just found two companies. I haven't purchased yet, but have promising results through e-mails with the companies. They offer light bearing and non-light bearing IWB and OWB holsters. The company names are Outlaw Holsters and ANR Designs. If anyone has experience with these companies, please feel free to comment.

The problem using a regular XDM holster for the Elites is the ambi slide release and as stated above, the slide serrations are different. (Not sure if serrations is a real issue or not.)

Tulster for example specifically states their holster is not compatible with Elite. This quote is copied from their website and link below. " Holster is compatible with: Springfield Armory XDM 3.8" - This holster is NOT compatible with the Springfield XDM Elite 3.8. "

I have found 2 companies that make Elite specific holster. I've heard people say their holster works or that they've had to heat up the Kydex and mold it around the slide release. The following 2 report Elite Specific.

Crossbreed

and

Last edited:
I would think that almost any holster that fits the XDM would fit the Elite versions. You might run into a fit issue with the ambi slide release but thats only if your current holster is super tight. Every holster I have works.

I would think that almost any holster that fits the XDM would fit the Elite versions. You might run into a fit issue with the ambi slide release but thats only if your current holster is super tight. Every holster I have works.

Appreciate knowing that. It's just scary ordering expensive holster and thinking you might need to mod it.

The problem using a regular XDM holster for the Elites is the ambi slide release and as stated above, the slide serrations are different. (Not sure if serrations is a real issue or not.)

Tulster for example specifically states their holster is not compatible with Elite. This quote is copied from their website and link below. " Holster is compatible with: Springfield Armory XDM 3.8" - This holster is NOT compatible with the Springfield XDM Elite 3.8. "

I have found 2 companies that make Elite specific holster. I've heard people say their holster works or that they've had to heat up the Kydex and mold it around the slide release. The following 2 report Elite Specific.

Crossbreed

and

I have the Reckoning, and no complaints here. Plus, you get a two week test drive.

Crossbreed

and

Thanks! Crossbreed looks very similar to Alien Gear (I have 2 of their IWB holders and am a fan); for OWB, the Craft leather holsters look nice, as do the Urban Carry holsters https://urbancarryholsters.com.

Anyone have any experience with either company? The Craft holsters have rave reviews and the Urban Carry seem hit or miss, lots of complaints about their retention system and holsters being too tight.

I went out and got a stream Light TLR-7a for my XDM Elite 3.8. Now, I have to get a new game plan going. I've talked to both Outlaw Holsters and ANR Designs which offer both light bearing holsters. They said put special notes in during checkout and they'll be able to accomidate me.

I ordered a lock leather OWB holster from Urban Carry. It arrived today and it is super tight, going to try the recommendations for relaxing the leather and see how it goes. I had to loosen the retention screw a lot just to get the gun in the holster with a plastic bag over it.

Back