testtest

XDM Elite Tactical OSP "META" Trigger

Mr. Untactical

Elite
Founding Member
I like my (deep breath) Springfield Armory XDM Elite Tactical OSP pistol. But the more I practice, the more one particular "feature" is getting my attention. The pistol features what Springfield calls their "META" trigger (Match Enhanced Trigger Assembly). What I'm feeling (and hearing) are two distinct resets. The first is a very slight "click" as I begin to release the trigger (kind of where I would expect the reset on a match-grade trigger to be). The second is the actual reset accompanied by an audible and tactile "click" at which point the trigger has reset.

Two points:
1. All my other pistols only feature one "click" - which is at the point of reset
2. The reset on this pistol is v-e-r-y long (the point at which you reach the second "click" or actual reset)

For those of you that have this model, has your experience been the same? I'm thinking about reaching out to Springfield customer service but wanted to "poll the audience" beforehand.

Thanks in advance for helpful responses!

This has been documented, it’s a known thing, not a problem, both of my XDm Elite Compacts does it also, personally I never worry about any trigger reset, I was taught to always let trigger go completely forward, to many dwell on trigger reset. Don’t worry about it, not an issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the references! I appreciate the follow up. I hadn't noticed it much prior, but now that I've been wearing out my Mantis X10, I have been hearing the initial click. And once I noticed that, I started checking the reset and it is pretty long comparatively speaking. I'll let it go and just continue practicing. Cheers :coffee:

This has been documented, it’s a known thing, not a problem, both of my XDm Elite Compacts does it also, personally I never worry about any trigger reset, I was taught to always let trigger go completely forward, to many dwell on trigger reset. Don’t worry about it, not an issue.

And one more note... after reading the articles shared, that's exactly what I'm doing. Because the Mantis X10 drills require quick trigger resets, I am "popping" the slide the bare minimum needed to reset the trigger. If I go too far back, the slide locks because I'm running an empty mag in the pistol for dry fire. I'll try the long pull with the slide lock release and see if I notice that phantom initial reset go away. Thanks again!

The thing about reset isn't to hear the click. You train to feel the reset. And yes there is good reason not to just let the trigger go all the way forward. Not just speed on follow up shots, which is a real thing if you are a competition shooter, but trigger press. Taking your finger off the trigger in the middle of a string of shots can induce poor trigger press, trigger jerk, etc.. And if you aren't taking your finger all the way off the trigger you are going through the exact same motions as someone who is riding the reset anyway so.....

Every pistol instructor I have had has taught sear engagement.

The thing about reset isn't to hear the click. You train to feel the reset. And yes there is good reason not to just let the trigger go all the way forward. Not just speed on follow up shots, which is a real thing if you are a competition shooter, but trigger press. Taking your finger off the trigger in the middle of a string of shots can induce poor trigger press, trigger jerk, etc.. And if you aren't taking your finger all the way off the trigger you are going through the exact same motions as someone who is riding the reset anyway so.....

Every pistol instructor I have had has taught sear engagement.
I guess it's something I just don't think about. I don't know if I subconsciously feel a reset or if I let the trigger go all the way forward.

When you begin your trigger press do you take it up to the wall before settling on your sight picture and finishing the press ?
The Xdm Elites are know to have this false reset, usually you will notice it if you dry fire it and ride the slide home instead of just dropping the slide, I don't pay any attention to any trigger reset, if you go out to shoot the gun normally, you won't hear the false reset, weird but that's how it goes.

The Xdm Elites are know to have this false reset, usually you will notice it if you dry fire it and ride the slide home instead of just dropping the slide, I don't pay any attention to any trigger reset, if you go out to shoot the gun normally, you won't hear the false reset, weird but that's how it goes.
If it is just a sound and not an actual reset I wouldn't worry about it.

Back