testtest

XDMAN's first take on the Hellion: New Update on Barrel changing Jan 20.

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member

Also I posted a copy of the original Croatian version of the VHS model. Interesting look.

An update from my Croatan Army Friend who has used these rifles his whole adult life, about corrections he sees need to be addressed on the videos he is seeing. (Note remember English is a second language)

1: “so across the videos there were multiple things...usually one per video. most were about changing from right to left”

2: “one said just to open the port on the other side...no mention of changing the bolt”

3: ”while it might work one one or two shots..it will lead to FTE, double feeds, crushed casings”

4:”then when they are showing the change they dont mention that you need to change the side of the cam (not sure if thats the right english word)...they just mention rotate the bolt”

5: ”on one...they say that it has the last round bolt open but that you cant do it manually. (now i am not sure on civilian version)...but on vhs 2 if you pull the charging lever back and stick your fingers into the mag well you can pres the lever inside and leavin it in the rear position...it aint pretty but it works...same like with the magazine after the last round”

6: ”when they are taking the back off...most just rip it
😂
and have issues with it, but with just a little downward pressure on the back it will go out easy as pie.”

7: ”croatian military doesnt use g36 magazines...we use proprietary magazines from HS produkt”

8: ”your version of the rifle has almost everything we wanted on ours....but didnt get”

9: ”for me personally the disassembly pins that cant be taken out are the best
😃
wish we had them so soldiers stop losing them. and QD.”

here is the procedure to proper change ejection direction
899A371E-3E8F-437F-886F-04A74235677E.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been waiting for this for at least a decade, when I first heard of the plans To import.
Wow, that's a long time in the works. So do you actually have a Hellion or just reviewing it from information you've been able to get your hands on. I would think if you had one we'd be seeing pictures of you running through the woods on the 4 wheeler hanging out the side taking on targets with it. 😉

Wow, that's a long time in the works. So do you actually have a Hellion or just reviewing it from information you've been able to get your hands on. I would think if you had one we'd be seeing pictures of you running through the woods on the 4 wheeler hanging out the side taking on targets with it. 😉
I’m not that important, but sooon. For sure Negan and I will be yelling Croatan war cries against the evil target hords.

And it may actually only be about 8yrs but close enough. time is just a mush in my mind.

Last edited:
I’m not that important, but sooon. For sure Negan and I will be yelling Croatan war cries against the evil target hords.

And it may actually only be about 8yrs but close enough. time is just a mush in my mind.
L O L ! Don't think I've ever heard a Croatan war cry in the woods before, I feel it's coming soon. 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to your review since I know you'll have one in your hands before I do.

Update, the Barrel is replaceable. There was a thread wondering if you can convert from 556 to maybe 300blk. My Croatian friend told me you can do it with practically no tools. He also said no reason they could not offer different calibers.

”btw..it is so easy to do..that some soldiers figured it out and were taking them out when they were cleaning the rifles...which we do not recommend”

Last edited:
So honest question.
Which is better chrome lined or melonited? Or is it
6 of one half dozen of the other.
So, chrome lining is not as exact since they have to “cut” the barrel oversize then add the chrome lining. Melonite you can cut the barrel to the exact size then Nitride it and it goes into the metal not changing tolerances. If the US Govt had access to Menonite/Nitriding/Tenifer would thay have used it instead of Chrome? Who knows but Meloniting is done inside and out so the whole barrel is protected, and really how much easis a chrome barrel to clean vs a Melonite barrel, there are arguments back and forth.

Back