testtest

Xds mod 2 front sight

How difficult is it to change out the front sight on an xds mod 2? I have a rear sight pusher but thought I could use it for the front sight. Which direction do I move the sight to remove/install? The sight pusher I have is the NCSTAR one. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

You can push it either way. If you want to be sure, get your new sight and by hand, work on pushing it in from either side. If one side is looser, push towards that side.

I did my Mod.1 XDs with the slide in a bench vise, and a steel punch. Good smack to break it loose, then light taps to slide it out. Installed my new TruGlo the same way - light taps till lined up.

I don’t know anything about your sight pusher but I know NCStar generally makes low grade crap. If I was going to buy a sight pusher A) It would be because I was going to be changing a lot of different sights and B) I would buy a pro quality tool. Otherwise just send the slide to XDMan. Top quality work, very reasonably priced and very fast turnaround time.

Not beyond a normal person, but investing in aftermarket sights can be expensive for you to experiment on if you are not sure. Someone mentioned sending it to me, if you look up XDMAN I’ve been doing it forever and 27.00 including the return shipping is not that bad for the piece of mind that it was done right.
The NCstar pusher will most likely break or bend trying to install the sights.

Back