testtest

YOU Are a First Responder

I want to be really careful how I say this and I do not intend any insult but this ground has been covered a bunch of times.

A first responder responds first. Medical staff, The Military and Public Works are not First Responders. Neither is a pilot, his job is to fly the plane.

Every human being on this planet is their own first responder but I want to be really clear I am the first responder for myself and my family. I am not your first responder.

I do not have any obligation to ride to the sound of the guns because you failed to take the same preparedness steps that I did.

If and that's a really big if,
20261001_140056.jpg

I'm out in public with my family my first and only mission is to ensure their safety.

I'm not going to leave my family defenseless to go rescue yours.
 
Hi,

I'm not going to leave my family defenseless to go rescue yours.

That is totally understandable and reasonable. The author related a situation where his family were not involved and safe. He responded as per his training.

I liked the distinction between "First Responder" and "Good Samaritan", although a Good Samaritan may be the first one to respond. There have been a couple of instances where I have given aid and I would do it again in the right circumstances. That reminds me that I need to refresh my CPR and Stop the Bleed training.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Let's face it - during a mass casualty event or some other really bad situation, the LEOs are often the third responders, if that. Seen this first hand with natural disasters, fires, mutiple car crashes and more. Neighbors, friends, good samaritans and total strangers are often the first and second responders. So, you do you, if you want to help - go for it. If you want just get out that area and survive - understandable.
 
I have to agree with The Night Rider on this one. In the past and in my different careers, I was somewhat trained and even equipped with certain emergency gear. But now I am retired, disabled, and no one is equipping me with any emergency gear. While I might try to be helpful being the first person to come upon an emergency situation, I can only do so much. And as The Night Rider had said, my family comes first. I'm not packing a combat load in my vehicle every time I leave the house, and I am not going to carry around all kinds of emergency gear for the benefit of others. I'll do what's reasonable. Sometimes I swear there are people hoping to get in a gunfight, and some that hope they can roll up on a scene of a mass casualty event.
 
NGL I'm getting really tired of people talking smack to me about the Turbines.

I had nothing to do with putting them up. They were there before me they'll be there after me and TBH nobody really cares what I (or you)
think about them.

This is the mailing address for the owners of the Turbines.

NextEra Energy Partners, LP
700 Universe Boulevard
Juno Beach, FL 33408

If you have a beef tell them.
 
NGL I'm getting really tired of people talking smack to me about the Turbines.

I had nothing to do with putting them up. They were there before me they'll be there after me and TBH nobody really cares what I (or you)
think about them.

This is the mailing address for the owners of the Turbines.

NextEra Energy Partners, LP
700 Universe Boulevard
Juno Beach, FL 33408

If you have a beef tell them.
Dude! i'm just messin with you. i know you ain't gonna shoot them and neither would i, Maybe not. 😁 . sheesh i bet yer the life of a party.
 
I am afraid that I spent too much time in a blue suit! The Protect and Serve is still strong in me, despite my advanced age. However,I am also aware of the Law of Probability. Too many bad guys after someone else and me with a 380, may make me a good witness…all depends on the terrain and situation.
Reasonable, 3L120.

Randall
 
Back
Top