testtest

You’ll Shoot Your Nuts Off! Five Reasons to Rethink Appendix Carry

I don’t really agree/disagree, to me it’s about you and your comfort. While I would only carry a DA or manual safety gun appendix, if your comfortable with it, then that’s your choice. The sweat thing is sort of true for all iwb so I don’t think that’s appendix specific. Also why I ordered a pocket holster for my p365 to test out in my cargo shorts. As I think it will be more comfortable this summer.

How can appendix carry be any less safe than any other carry position? As long as a quality holster is used and proper trigger discipline employed I see no reason to poo , poo it.

Appendix carry is not for me because of my , shall we say , extra insulation against the cold. For anyone who is slim and trim , I see no reason not to use this carry position.

Good article, and exactly my thought about your family jewels.......

youll-shoot-your-nuts-off-five-reasons-to-rethink-appendix-carry
I appendix carry a Glock 19 Gen 5 or a S&W 638 Bodyguard. I don't have a problem with it. And carrying this way is easier on my shoulder than my old 7-9 carry(I'm a lefty.).

I recently bought a 2 holster set (IWB/OWB) for my Glock 19 from Bravo Concealment located about 40 miles from my house. The IWB holster is very comfortable for Appendix carry and I've been extremely happy with that set up...:)

I still have a "Smart Carry" holster that I sometimes carry my S&W 638, when I'm not pocket carrying in a pocket holster.

Attachments

• SmartCarryHolsterBlue.jpeg
    SmartCarryHolsterBlue.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 51
My concern with appendix carry isn't testicles, but the femoral artery.
Someone just posted an article about a guy carrying a derringer and shooting himself in the femoral artery. He wasn't appendix carrying.

Regardless of where you carry your gun, shooting yourself with it is liable to be life altering. I personally haven't tried appendix, but really only because I am too distracted by other shiny things to drop the coin on a decent appendix holster. At some point I will. It clearly is faster and conceals better. The same rules apply. Good holster, keep your finger off the trigger and exercise extreme caution reholstering. And train, train, train.

Someone just posted an article about a guy carrying a derringer and shooting himself in the femoral artery. He wasn't appendix carrying.

Regardless of where you carry your gun, shooting yourself with it is liable to be life altering. I personally haven't tried appendix, but really only because I am too distracted by other shiny things to drop the coin on a decent appendix holster. At some point I will. It clearly is faster and conceals better. The same rules apply. Good holster, keep your finger off the trigger and exercise extreme caution reholstering. And train, train, train.
Indeed.

There is no such thing as "speed holstering"...

When I holster a weapon, it has my ENTIRE attention. I am looking it into the holster, and making sure it is clear tactilely (eg, finger sweep).

That being said, all of my AC holsters are "clip" type belt attachment: as I said earlier, I remove the holster from inside my waist, insert the pistol into the holster, and then insert the holster into my pants.

Indeed.

There is no such thing as "speed holstering"...

When I holster a weapon, it has my ENTIRE attention. I am looking it into the holster, and making sure it is clear tactilely (eg, finger sweep).

That being said, all of my AC holsters are "clip" type belt attachment: as I said earlier, I remove the holster from inside my waist, insert the pistol into the holster, and then insert the holster into my pants.
That's the best way for sure. One of the things I like about the P30L is that I can keep my thumb on the hammer while reholstering it.

edit to clarify* I carry the P30L in an OWB holster, FBI cant at 3:00

There is a BIG training curve to safely appendix carry. I never allowed it in any of my classes because I couldn't be sure of training background. And your nuts at risk are not the worst of it. It is the femoral artery. There are better ways for concealed carry.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by better ? Other than safer I mean ?

If you have to go IWB, 4 O'Clock works, horizontal shoulder holsters, cross draw, small of back are all safer than appendix carry in my opinion. But there is a training curve for each that should not be bypassed.

If you have to go IWB, 4 O'Clock works, horizontal shoulder holsters, cross draw, small of back are all safer than appendix carry in my opinion. But there is a training curve for each that should not be bypassed.
I’ll disagree about SOB carry all day long; it’s insanely dangerous, especially if you live someplace with ice a good part of the year.

I have a good friend who has permanent, serious back damage from slipping and landing on his SOB carried pistol.

Yeah, he didn’t shoot himself, but danger is danger…

Back