testtest

Your Summer Carry…do you .380?

If it's really hot and I just have on shorts and a T, I carry a LCP II in a DeSantis Trickster pocket holster. It's not any bigger than my iPhone. My wife carries a Bodyguard in the same type of holster. I also carry my Shield or XD IWB or OWB, depending on the mood I am that day :D.

I have pocket-carried my LCP II in a Sticky Holster while exercising outdoors for years. I have also frequently carried it as my backup gun. I rarely carry my LCP II as my only gun when I am dressed in normal clothing.

I have been known to slip the LCP II in the front pocket of my suit pants on days when it is too warm to conceal my usual IWB under a sweater-vest. I usually end up taking off my jacket at some point when I work in a suit, so IWB won't work without some sort of additional cover garment. I keep hoping that cummerbunds will suddenly become appropriate accessories for suits, but they seem to still be exclusively reserved for tuxedos. I really think my line of tactical cummerbunds would become the ultimate CCW accessory, if I could just find enough investors :sneaky:

I have pocket-carried my LCP II in a Sticky Holster while exercising outdoors for years. I have also frequently carried it as my backup gun. I rarely carry my LCP II as my only gun when I am dressed in normal clothing.

I have been known to slip the LCP II in the front pocket of my suit pants on days when it is too warm to conceal my usual IWB under a sweater-vest. I usually end up taking off my jacket at some point when I work in a suit, so IWB won't work without some sort of additional cover garment. I keep hoping that cummerbunds will suddenly become appropriate accessories for suits, but they seem to still be exclusively reserved for tuxedos. I really think my line of tactical cummerbunds would become the ultimate CCW accessory, if I could just find enough investors :sneaky:
You lost me at “sweater-vest”. 🤯🤯😆
those are still around ? 🤔

Hellcat.

Even in lightweight cargo shorts and a basketball tank top, its IWB in my Alien holster. I've done my 33 mile mountain bike route this way with zero issues, zero printing (even with the 13 round mag), and zero interference with my movements. The only "big" change to facilitate the gun and holster is wearing a belt.

Hellcat.

Even in lightweight cargo shorts and a basketball tank top, its IWB in my Alien holster. I've done my 33 mile mountain bike route this way with zero issues, zero printing (even with the 13 round mag), and zero interference with my movements. The only "big" change to facilitate the gun and holster is wearing a belt.
Thank you @Peglegjoe . Curious what holster you use and if you have a “special belt.” I have been a fan of my JM4 leather so far, but as back to office life is returning, it has me reassessing everything.

Thank you @Peglegjoe . Curious what holster you use and if you have a “special belt.” I have been a fan of my JM4 leather so far, but as back to office life is returning, it has me reassessing everything.
Just a leather belt. I got it as a "conceal carry belt"...but its just a plain ol' black leather Amish-made belt.

My holster is an Alien Gear cloak tuck, 2.0 I believe. Leather base panel, plastic belt clips with 3 adjustment points on each clip to set ride height and cant. My shell is a homemade custom kydex shell, I molded it around my personal Hellcat because I have an O-light Baldr Mini laser/tac light and nobody made a shell for it. I just molded the shell, and trimmed it to fit the 4 Alien mounting screws.

1010202055.jpg

The photo shows it attached to my cloak tuck 3.5 baseplate - same shape as the 2.0 but made out of thin stainless covered in neoprene. Good for standing, but the lower edge does pinch and poke a bit when seated or bent at the waist, so I swapped it over to the leather base and have been thrilled.

I actually do, but not exactly for size. A few years back I started getting sever arthritis in my right thumb. It got to the point where my large bore handguns were getting painful. So talking to my Dr and wife who has arthritic hands we decided on .380s for pistols, and 357/38s for revolvers. Oddly enough she can shoot full 357s in revolvers better than 9mm in pistols, including racking the slide. So all my 45s and 44 magnums went bye bye sadly. I only keep firearms which we both can shoot, soon to maybe be one exception..

So, since I have always been a 1911 guy..

Attachments

• 20210220_100414.jpg
    20210220_100414.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
I actually do, but not exactly for size. A few years back I started getting sever arthritis in my right thumb. It got to the point where my large bore handguns were getting painful. So talking to my Dr and wife who has arthritic hands we decided on .380s for pistols, and 357/38s for revolvers. Oddly enough she can shoot full 357s in revolvers better than 9mm in pistols, including racking the slide. So all my 45s and 44 magnums went bye bye sadly. I only keep firearms which we both can shoot, soon to maybe be one exception..

So, since I have always been a 1911 guy..
I have not seen that green stuff on the left in years. Teenagers make mine go away before I can even read the numerical value 💵

very nice Browning 👍👍

Just a leather belt. I got it as a "conceal carry belt"...but its just a plain ol' black leather Amish-made belt.

My holster is an Alien Gear cloak tuck, 2.0 I believe. Leather base panel, plastic belt clips with 3 adjustment points on each clip to set ride height and cant. My shell is a homemade custom kydex shell, I molded it around my personal Hellcat because I have an O-light Baldr Mini laser/tac light and nobody made a shell for it. I just molded the shell, and trimmed it to fit the 4 Alien mounting screws.

View attachment 17750

The photo shows it attached to my cloak tuck 3.5 baseplate - same shape as the 2.0 but made out of thin stainless covered in neoprene. Good for standing, but the lower edge does pinch and poke a bit when seated or bent at the waist, so I swapped it over to the leather base and have been thrilled.
NICE!

If anyone is looking for a good belt I encourage you to take a look at Hanks belts.
I've bought numerous belts from them never a disappointment. My everyday belt is their Harness leather gun belt. Stiff as a board, can hang heavy pistols on it and it never says.
Did I mention that most all their belts have a 100yr warranty?

www.hanksbelts.com

If anyone is looking for a good belt I encourage you to take a look at Hanks belts.
I've bought numerous belts from them never a disappointment. My everyday belt is their Harness leather gun belt. Stiff as a board, can hang heavy pistols on it and it never says.

www.hanksbelts.com
I have two Hanks belts, one for work pants and one for every day. Best belt ever, they will outlast me. They make carrying effortless

www.hanksbelts.com
I will have to do some shopping !

About 4 years ago I bought a belt called " The $30 gunbelt". Of course the option I chose ( steel core) made it more like a $50 gunbelt, but I have worn the crap out of it with everything from Shield's IWB to full size 1911s OWB. It don't sag. Crossbreed makes damn fine gunbelts too.

Back