testtest

If you were going to buy a new muscle car.........

Which American muscle car would you buy today?

• Dodge Challenger

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Chevy Camaro

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ford Mustang

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing for me with electrics is, the "green" lie for one. They have more hazardous chemicals in them, and require more hazardous/toxic production than any internal-combustion engined vehicle EVER will. Also, they require electricity (duh) which, despite what greenies like to think, isn't unicorn farts that magically come out of the wall outlets. It requires some sort of (gasp!) FUEL to create - you're still using fuels, only removing yourself to an "accessory" classification as opposed to the actual "offender" with their hand on the pump.

Functionally? I can fill even my Cummins' huge diesel tank in a matter of about 3 minutes, and be good for over 600 miles. How long does it take to charge an electric? Until they get a quick-charge setup (or hot-swappable universal batteries), I don't see them being truly practical as vehicles. Local, drive-to-work, drive-home, charge-overnight? Sure...but that's about it for practicality. Road trips? Nope.

Although I do have a way to build a no-net-loss electric vehicle, if anyone here knows how to file patents...
We also need to keep in mind energy density. This is why so many 'green' projects fail. You may be creating voltage but the amperage just is not there. A flash light is one thing an electric motor is another animal.

I still think you have a penchant for moonlighting with Camry's. Thats why you gotta have a farm to stash them in the back 40 where the trucks wont see you.

The double life of an exotic Camry affair... shhh dont let the Chevy know. Them Chevys go ape when they when they hear your cheatn.
I only know 1 Camry and she is a classmate of my 3rd oldest child.

My 1st car (with my name on the payment book anyway) was a Mustang GT. I'd be OK with a 2020 Shelby GT500.
My first new car after high school, I can't touch now....

thumbnail.jpg

I did build a sleeper once. I had a 1978 F-250 4x4 with the truck 4-speed trans. I built a 428 CJ and installed it in that truck. It did surprise a few of the local boys who thought they had a fast car. hehehehe

Bang for the buck ... Mustang.

As long as you don’t get the horrific MT-82 manual and luck out and not have your whole dash removed for the heater coil or whatever it is. Also pray your EPAS steering motor does not die in 5,000 miles. My ‘13 went through two in 11,000 miles. My ‘15 GT had a bad one and the dealer said Ford now calls it normal and refused to fix it.

All manufacturers have problems. It’s how they deal with them. Ford customer service is shamefully bad, and their products need good service.

Then I bought a ‘17 5.0 F150 and it was unbelievable. Loose wrist pin at 5,000 miles and Ford refused to even consider fixing a grossly defective engine. Never again. Traded it and I’m done with Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back