testtest

If you were going to buy a new muscle car.........

Which American muscle car would you buy today?

• Dodge Challenger

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Chevy Camaro

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ford Mustang

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In better than 35 years shooting I have been able to try plenty out but with my circumstances I can not carry anything full sized. That said I have not been able to justify spending the money on something I can't carry over other expenses. I wasn't too worried about being thrown out but I thought you might put me in a support group lol. Hi my name is Michael and I have never owned a 1911.
I started shooting in the 70's and I just bought my first and only 1911 two years ago..
Strictly for range use.

IMG_20180122_130528909 (1).jpg

In better than 35 years shooting I have been able to try plenty out but with my circumstances I can not carry anything full sized. That said I have not been able to justify spending the money on something I can't carry over other expenses. I wasn't too worried about being thrown out but I thought you might put me in a support group lol. Hi my name is Michael and I have never owned a 1911.
Ahh, I'm Dr. Bet7 and now we're making progress Micheal. 😷, But seriously I had figured you were referring to a 1911 and understand your justification. I don't carry any of the 1911's I own (they're all full size), I feel they're too big (heck, I even think the Glock G19 is too large, and I did carry that pistol at first). I'm in the Sub Compact and Micro compact phase now, so I get it. I buy the 1911's more for their looks (like a piece of art), and accurate shoot-ability. There are cheaper 1911's out there (the 2nd Classic Firearms 2020 Shot Show video I posted talked with a guy at a booth selling them under $300). Not sure how they shoot, but I've read comments on several forums that the cheaper Philippine made 1911's are an excellent value and shoot very well.

I chose Ford Mustang. My first was a 78'. My family has own a few of them. although that was the only car I owned ( truck guy ). My mother is a big collector of the mustang (hot wheels- matchbox cars and such things)
My first mustang was a 71 mach1 . 351 Cleveland 4BBL , blue with silver striping . I sure wish I still owned that car. The only other mustang I owned was an 89 that had a 4 cyl. and a 5 speed. It wasn't even close to as fast as the 71 but it sure did get better gas mileage at 32 MPG.

That is, as most I've seen, a beautiful 1911. I will have one eventually it just hasn't been in the cards for me yet.
do we have to start a go fund me for u. HA HA I don't do that . I have four full size 1911 and never carry any of them and a baby rock (380 acp). I do carry a EMP CCC at times. Hope u get one .

My first mustang was a 71 mach1 . 351 Cleveland 4BBL , blue with silver striping . I sure wish I still owned that car. The only other mustang I owned was an 89 that had a 4 cyl. and a 5 speed. It wasn't even close to as fast as the 71 but it sure did get better gas mileage at 32 MPG.
My brother bought a 65' power blue in the early 90' and broke something on it and bought an 80 something gave the 65' to my mother, she never got it fixed, sit in a field on a friends farm.

Of late I've kind of liked a Tesla with Ludicrous option. Something about electric I find fascinating.
Here's an article that came my way on electric vehicles as pertainign to costs vs Gas and maintenance. I like that a full EV's maintence is much cheaper to maintain that Gas, that would help my wallet out immensely. 🚘💲💲:)

Mustang GT-350, although I liked the formerly produced Dodge Vipers.
I am with you on the Mustang GT-350!! I had several Mustang GT's 5.0 back in the late 80's and early 90's but would love to get my hands on a GT-350 some day. My 1987 Grand National didn't suck either and I wish I held onto that!

I am with you on the Mustang GT-350!! I had several Mustang GT's 5.0 back in the late 80's and early 90's but would love to get my hands on a GT-350 some day. My 1987 Grand National didn't suck either and I wish I held onto that!

IMO the GT-350 is the more practical "stang" if you want the horsepower, but the 2.3L HPP may be the better everyday driving model.

But there's the higher end ones if you have the coin.

Here's an article that came my way on electric vehicles as pertainign to costs vs Gas and maintenance. I like that a full EV's maintence is much cheaper to maintain that Gas, that would help my wallet out immensely. 🚘💲💲:)

Except for the batteries. That is still an issue. Has been since electric came out way back. Jay Leno has a Baker Electic that does pretty good for 1909. Once highly efficient low cost batteries come out then the article will be a little closer to true. But for now a Tesla is really hot.

Except for the batteries. That is still an issue. Has been since electric came out way back. Jay Leno has a Baker Electic that does pretty good for 1909. Once highly efficient low cost batteries come out then the article will be a little closer to true. But for now a Tesla is really hot.
Yes. I think the article was about all types of electric vehicle not just Tesla), and a subject I'm not that familiar with. If you're saying all makes have trouble with the batteries, that is a Hugh concern, I agree. It's like replacing the engine in a gas vehicle which would be costly. But I do mostly local driving, and liked the idea of reduced cost compared to a Gas vehicle a lot.

Yes. I think the article was about all types of electric vehicle not just Tesla), and a subject I'm not that familiar with. If you're saying all makes have trouble with the batteries, that is a Hugh concern, I agree. It's like replacing the engine in a gas vehicle which would be costly. But I do mostly local driving, and liked the idea of reduced cost compared to a Gas vehicle a lot.
You have most likely noticed that as rechargeable battery lose capacity the more they are charged. My Ryobi 18v tools are an example. Ideally batteries should be run down to dead. Don't want to do that in your car. Batteries are improving all the time.
My thing is the torque of the electric vs gas engines. Floor the throttle on an electric and have the same torque at 100mph as you do starting from 0mph.

You have most likely noticed that as rechargeable battery lose capacity the more they are charged. My Ryobi 18v tools are an example. Ideally batteries should be run down to dead. Don't want to do that in your car. Batteries are improving all the time.
My thing is the torque of the electric vs gas engines. Floor the throttle on an electric and have the same torque at 100mph as you do starting from 0mph.
Interesting. I know batteries are improving all the time. Use to be, run it until dead and recharge to full. For my Apple iPhone, it's recommended to keep the charge between 50-80%. It seems like the "memory" issues of the past are no more. At least it's my understanding from what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back