testtest

If you were going to buy a new muscle car.........

Which American muscle car would you buy today?

• Dodge Challenger

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Chevy Camaro

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Ford Mustang

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1579812346043.jpeg

lol

Interesting. I know batteries are improving all the time. Use to be, run it until dead and recharge to full. For my Apple iPhone, it's recommended to keep the charge between 50-80%. It seems like the "memory" issues of the past are no more. At least it's my understanding from what I've read.
Most likely so it won't develop a memory below that. Unless on a trip I try to keep my gas tank no less than half full to preclude condensation developing in the tank. Very important in aircraft fuel tanks. Fill it up upon landing.
Batteries are making quantum leaps all the time which is good for everything we use.

"Which American muscle car would you buy today?"

Um, none of 'em. I'm just not a car person. I prefer a pickup, and if a pickup were not available, I'd go for an suv (full-sized), or a van.

As far as electric/hybrid cars, a few yrs ago a woman T-Boned my previous truck, and it was in the shop for almost 6 weeks. The loaner I had (her insurance pd for it of course) was a Prius. Hated every minute I had to use it. That was 6 wks of not being able to haul my kayak to the lake to fish.

"Which American muscle car would you buy today?"

Um, none of 'em. I'm just not a car person. I prefer a pickup, and if a pickup were not available, I'd go for an suv (full-sized), or a van.

As far as electric/hybrid cars, a few yrs ago a woman T-Boned my previous truck, and it was in the shop for almost 6 weeks. The loaner I had (her insurance pd for it of course) was a Prius. Hated every minute I had to use it. That was 6 wks of not being able to haul my kayak to the lake to fish.
Inflatable would maybe have been the choice.

Most likely so it won't develop a memory below that. Unless on a trip I try to keep my gas tank no less than half full to preclude condensation developing in the tank. Very important in aircraft fuel tanks. Fill it up upon landing.
Batteries are making quantum leaps all the time which is good for everything we use.
Do you fly your own plane SMSgtRod. My father was US Army Air Corp in WWII (always claimed he was Air Force not Army, but knowing the Air Force branch was created after WWII). He always wanted to get his own plane as he loved flying.

Thing for me with electrics is, the "green" lie for one. They have more hazardous chemicals in them, and require more hazardous/toxic production than any internal-combustion engined vehicle EVER will. Also, they require electricity (duh) which, despite what greenies like to think, isn't unicorn farts that magically come out of the wall outlets. It requires some sort of (gasp!) FUEL to create - you're still using fuels, only removing yourself to an "accessory" classification as opposed to the actual "offender" with their hand on the pump.

Functionally? I can fill even my Cummins' huge diesel tank in a matter of about 3 minutes, and be good for over 600 miles. How long does it take to charge an electric? Until they get a quick-charge setup (or hot-swappable universal batteries), I don't see them being truly practical as vehicles. Local, drive-to-work, drive-home, charge-overnight? Sure...but that's about it for practicality. Road trips? Nope.

Although I do have a way to build a no-net-loss electric vehicle, if anyone here knows how to file patents...

I always regret not buying a 67 ford Fairlane with the 390 motor for $2700.00 when I had the chance. It was not a world beater but it was not a heavy car.The options available were unlimited.I had a friend who bought one & put a 427 high riser in it.tunnel port heads,dual quads.the whole 9 yards.it was difficult to drive on the street because of the 14 to 1 compression.& he should have had a better cooling system.He took it out & ran high 10s with it.Back in the 60s that was movin !. and all for less then $6000.00

Hertz's rentals are fun. :)

I need to get into the Challenger, though: that's the only one I haven't driven.

Of the three, the Mustang appeals to me the most because of its exhaust note. It's always been that - and likely always will be.

But who knows...maybe after driving the Mopar, I'll like it better?

I loved the idea of the Chevy, but I didn't like driving it. It just seemed like I was trying to conduct Thor's Hammer through traffic for some reason, even though I've driven both bigger and more powerful vehicles. And open highway? It just felt....indifferent?

And who knows, maybe it'll all change on a track?

I'm an old riceboy, though (who'da thunk that?! :ROFLMAO:), so this is fun:

:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back