testtest

Looking For Recommendations

So I’ve been passively looking for a Springfield XDM 10mm but not having much luck, So I thought maybe a XDM in 40S&W also no luck. I decided to check out the Springfield website and found out the XDM is no longer being made in a 40 Caliber 😢 and the 10mm is impossible to find, after multiple phone calls all gun stores have been waiting months to fill orders on the XDM 10 so I want to ask the guys/gals on the forum, what do you recommend?
I’d like to get some insights on both the 40 and 10MM full size. I’m not looking for a 1911 version.

I’m not looking for a 1911 version.
No 1911…aw….cause you got them lady like hands……..🤣🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, if you don’t want a 1911 format, you might want to look at Glock, and .40cal are almost nonexistent anymore, I have a S&W SD40VE and I love it, shoots great and no issues whatsoever. Not sure what else is available in 10mm, I do have a revolver in this caliber, S&W 610. I know this wasn’t much help.

No 1911…aw….cause you got them lady like hands……..🤣🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, if you don’t want a 1911 format, you might want to look at Glock, and .40cal are almost nonexistent anymore, I have a S&W SD40VE and I love it, shoots great and no issues whatsoever. Not sure what else is available in 10mm, I do have a revolver in this caliber, S&W 610. I know this wasn’t much help.
Lady like hands?? This is the Ninja Goose not @BET7 😂 I always said no to a Glock but I’m thinking I might have to go that route.

So I’ve been passively looking for a Springfield XDM 10mm but not having much luck, So I thought maybe a XDM in 40S&W also no luck. I decided to check out the Springfield website and found out the XDM is no longer being made in a 40 Caliber 😢 and the 10mm is impossible to find, after multiple phone calls all gun stores have been waiting months to fill orders on the XDM 10 so I want to ask the guys/gals on the forum, what do you recommend?
I’d like to get some insights on both the 40 and 10MM full size. I’m not looking for a 1911 version.
i like my .40 if you live in an open carry state , drop down leg holster. it is near impossible for me to concealed carry though large gun but shoots great. love the grip and feel

If you can find a VP40, get it. Those are sweet shooters with great ergonomics. As to a new 10mm, have you looked at the Sig P220? I've only handled one but they're nice.

Full size .40…My personal favorite is the HK USP; if you can find a Tactical or Expert, you’re set…and they can handle the hot, heavy boutique .40 loads which come close to 10mm territory. The earlier mentioned VP40 is probably the best striker .40 going, as well. The Sig P226 is a pretty sweet pistol in .40, but the slightly more compact 229 is even better.

As far as 10mm’s go? Non-1911…well, Glock 20/40, of course; Sig P220; EAA Witness (the Elite Match version is a heck of a pistol); Grand Power K100 (rotary barrrel, bit of an odd duck) is out there, but not common…you might be able to find a S&W 1006, but you’ll pay for it.

Full size .40…My personal favorite is the HK USP; if you can find a Tactical or Expert, you’re set…and they can handle the hot, heavy boutique .40 loads which come close to 10mm territory. The earlier mentioned VP40 is probably the best striker .40 going, as well. The Sig P226 is a pretty sweet pistol in .40, but the slightly more compact 229 is even better.

As far as 10mm’s go? Non-1911…well, Glock 20/40, of course; Sig P220; EAA Witness (the Elite Match version is a heck of a pistol); Grand Power K100 (rotary barrrel, bit of an odd duck) is out there, but not common…you might be able to find a S&W 1006, but you’ll pay for it.
That’s what I was looking for thanks, the Sig looks nice but single stack.
Looking for full size so I think I’m off to my favorite store in the morning to look at my options.

I like the way you think however I called at least 8 different gun stores in Kentucky and everyone of them said they have customers who have been waiting for months and months for one.
Mine is my perfect/ultimate 10mm semi-auto pistol.

I badgered a SA rep for 4 years before they (SA/HS Produkt) finally made one.

Now they (SA/HS Produkt) just need to make a smaller version to outcompete the G29.

Lady like hands?? This is the Ninja Goose not @BET7 😂 I always said no to a Glock but I’m thinking I might have to go that route.
Well, my “lady like” hands are fine holding my 5.25” XDm 10mm, 6” 10mm TRP, 10mms: Colt Delta Elite, Ruger SR1911, Glocks: G20, G29, G40, and Sig P220 Hunter (No revolvers as of yet).
But I have pondered the idea of becoming a 🙏 model, with my gorgeous”lady like” hands, so thanks for noticing buddy. 😆🤣🤣

Well, my “lady like” hands are fine holding my 5.25” XDm 10mm, 6” 10mm TRP, 10mms: Colt Delta Elite, Ruger SR1911, Glocks: G20, G29, G40, and Sig P220 Hunter (No revolvers as of yet).
But I have pondered the idea of becoming a 🙏 model, with my gorgeous”lady like” hands, so thanks for noticing buddy. 😆🤣🤣
Well I never really noticed but @Annihilator kept talking about your great looking chicken wings so I figured he was complimenting your hands.
I found the G22 Gen4 to be impressive, pictures anyway, need to hold one.
I know my favorite LGS has a Glock in 10mm at least they did when I bought my M1A.

EAA in a 10mm would be awesome! It's either a 14, 15 or 17 round mag? I don't remember? The minus and only minus I give glock is the poly mags! I wish I could get them in SS. The SS mags are the + in xdm, but a strong dislike on the grip safety! I have both 5.25" xdm in 40 and 10 and yes both run great! I don't care for single stack, but should be the best when it comes too feeding? Get a double stack sig in 45acp and get a barrel change from bar-sto. I'm looking at getting a 357sig barrel and change out the 40 in the xdm. Not a whole lot of choices when it come too the 5.25" barrel as far as extended, threaded and/or ported.

EAA in a 10mm would be awesome! It's either a 14, 15 or 17 round mag? I don't remember? The minus and only minus I give glock is the poly mags! I wish I could get them in SS. The SS mags are the + in xdm, but a strong dislike on the grip safety! I have both 5.25" xdm in 40 and 10 and yes both run great! I don't care for single stack, but should be the best when it comes too feeding? Get a double stack sig in 45acp and get a barrel change from bar-sto. I'm looking at getting a 357sig barrel and change out the 40 in the xdm. Not a whole lot of choices when it come too the 5.25" barrel as far as extended, threaded and/or ported.
Oh no polymer Mags in Glock? That could be a deal breaker.
EAA?
Yeah no single stack otherwise I’d look at a 1911

Back