testtest

Smith and Wesson is moving

Thanks bassbob we will scratch that off the list and enjoy the country music stuff in Branson
When I was young I used to love Branson. Silver Dollar City, Shepherd of the Hills, fishing Table Rock. Since Jimmy Osmond brought all those people in and made it a country music mecca it's lost most of it's luster for me. Not that I dislike country music ( at least real country music), but it's just way too many people for my liking.

Years ago I had a girlfriend who worked at Roy Clark's place ( I always loved Roy). She said he was a complete A hole. lol

Oh I forgot to mention you guys back there driving 4 hours is nothing . When I am back there her sister’s drive every where
No, out here in flyover country 4 hours isn't a hard drive. If you get there and your reward is looking at the outside of a warehouse in some industrial park though it may seem like a wasted trip. There is other stuff to do in Columbia. Especially if you like drinking. With college kids. :)

I always find these moves bittersweet. On one hand, I'm proud of manufacturers who stand up for the Second Amendment and refuse to give their tax dollars to local governments that hate their products. On the other hand, I'm sad to see historical sites abandoned and local job markets impacted. I keep hoping that East Coast states where the American Revolution was born will return to their roots. Until that time, the flyover states will be happy to accept the new jobs.

I always find these moves bittersweet. On one hand, I'm proud of manufacturers who stand up for the Second Amendment and refuse to give their tax dollars to local governments that hate their products. On the other hand, I'm sad to see historical sites abandoned and local job markets impacted. I keep hoping that East Coast states where the American Revolution was born will return to their roots. Until that time, the flyover states will be happy to accept the new jobs.
Agreed, is a mixed bag of beans. Can't really blame the company.
Is surprising in some ways, because of where many of the freedoms, thoughts and actions originated are slowly disolving. Would think those in Massachusetts could remember their own history and values better than another state?

i live up here in New England, just not massachusetts.

that old building will not be abandoned.

it'll be bought by investors, and turned into high dollar condo's....

up here, old mills, factories, are "repurposed" into housing for the people that still have jobs, and can afford the high dollar price tags.

I hope it improves quality of service. Not that it is as bad as some, but it has suffered in comparison to what it used to be.

Classified- I called CS 2 days ago. My concern was addressed immediately and completely by a rep who has been there for 19 years. He was friendly, informative, and knew what he was talking about. My call was answered almost immediately. Possibly "luck of the draw"? I hope they don't lose him and others like him in the move. I am not saying that others have received great service like this but hope that S&W will find a way to retain him and acquire more like him.

Classified- I called CS 2 days ago. My concern was addressed immediately and completely by a rep who has been there for 19 years. He was friendly, informative, and knew what he was talking about. My call was answered almost immediately. Possibly "luck of the draw"? I hope they don't lose him and others like him in the move. I am not saying that others have received great service like this but hope that S&W will find a way to retain him and acquire more like him.
kinda depends on who moves, and who stays.

not everyone can pack up and leave, especially some hard core extended family people.

singles, maybe. newly weds, maybe.

near retirement people, maybe.

the weather up here can be brutal.

TN, has some cold and snow as well.

but i thought i had read that TN has a lower tax rate?

i have been "looking" at different states for getting out of this hell hole. but i want low to no taxes, low housing costs, energy costs, etc.

i absolutely do not want snow, or cold anymore.

i like the south western states. i got family in AZ, and good friends in NV.

i can take the heat, just not the extreme humidity we get up here. and this past summer???

we have had a longer stretch of that crap, and each year, it's getting worse.

global warming, yet we still have snow.

i dunno......

Another article on the S&W move. The article also includes recent moves of other firearms and related manufactures, from their original restrictive States, to States that have more friendly firearm policies. Looks like they are finally getting the message and moving accordingly.

Smith & Wesson Headquarters heading to Blount County, Tennessee. Blount County is located south of Knoxville in East Tennessee. The company claims to be escaping upcoming restrictive gun laws in Massachusetts. But what happens when federal gun laws come along? Will Smith & Wesson move outside the jurisdiction of the United Sates?
Anybody have any thoughts on this move?

Attachments

• s&w.jpg
    s&w.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 108
i live up here in New England, just not massachusetts.

we lost a whole lot of manufacturing companies, (through out all of N.E.) due to the very high energy costs, labor costs, and high tax rates. some business work out a deal to get the taxes lowered, and if successful they stay. if not, they scram. only to relocate to a southern state, for little to no taxes, and lower energy and labor costs.

i think the people up here are totally misinformed on the 2A and gun ownership. i think they see gun ownership as a potential violent event to take place. rather than for the sport, and self defense aspect of it.

yet, they seem to dismiss the criminals that get them. and then putting the blame on the honest citizen that is an owner, that has his home broken into, ransacked, and a gun stolen.

i say it's great that S&W is leaving, if only to prosper in a more 2A respected state.

i do not believe for a minute that the state of Massachusetts really gives a flying finger, that they will lose tax dollars.

i'm sure they will convert the S&W factory into expensive condo's.

Massachusetts is more and more like Silicon Valley, catering to the IT businesses.
This is a great example that policy (especially fiscal policy) has real consequences.

Knew this was coming with some of the crap they are trying to push through here. I thought politicians were supposed to stimulate the economy, work to create jobs etc. Oh and why not loose the money for the state that they get in taxes. People just keep voting them in.

Knew this was coming with some of the crap they are trying to push through here. I thought politicians were supposed to stimulate the economy, work to create jobs etc. Oh and why not loose the money for the state that they get in taxes. People just keep voting them in.
i swear it's one of two things, maybe even both..

1) people have no time to read the politicians platform either for a new election, or re-election

2) those states lowered the voting age to 5 year olds.

Smith & Wesson Headquarters heading to Blount County, Tennessee. Blount County is located south of Knoxville in East Tennessee. The company claims to be escaping upcoming restrictive gun laws in Massachusetts. But what happens when federal gun laws come along? Will Smith & Wesson move outside the jurisdiction of the United Sates?
Anybody have any thoughts on this move?

Just because it is a possibility that the current administration could successfully pass ( limited) new federal gun control legislation, that's no reason to reward the state of MA for being hostile to gun manufacturers.

Tennessee is a 2A sanctuary state. Reward them instead.

Back