testtest

The Irony

There has been several excellent comments made here as well as several outrageous ones ............. how 'bout we all wait till all the answers are available and then see how it all falls out. That way we can all pretty much agree on the issues, problems, reasons, and even faults. Just sayin' y'all !!! (y)(y)(y)

A bit off the wall, seen in another older movie script filming a movie set, someone may have swapped out live ammo for blanks for whatever reason? With hollyweird, who really knows, could be a sad warped publicity gimmick? Either way the ball bounces, the event could ruin Baldwin's career and his life? Maybe, that's what this was really all about?
i cannot see this as a career ending situation for Alex, but most certainly, he may end up on the physchatrists couch for a number of months, if not years.

why would anyone substitute a live round?

actually, it could have been the prop master's helper, maybe a new person, that somehow picked up the wrong ammo at the prop room storage, (but then why would they even have real ammo in storage??) or maybe someone hell bent on revenge for Alec?

like maybe a former boyfriend or fan of his daughters?

don't forget, he publicly humiliated her........

some fans, are twisted enough to wait to strike.

There has been several excellent comments made here as well as several outrageous ones ............. how 'bout we all wait till all the answers are available and then see how it all falls out. That way we can all pretty much agree on the issues, problems, reasons, and even faults. Just sayin' y'all !!! (y)(y)(y)
then what else would we do..??

talk about guns....(uh we are), ammo...(uh we are).....lol

it's what message bored members do, duntcha know...???

then what else would we do..??

talk about guns....(uh we are), ammo...(uh we are).....lol

it's what message bored members do, duntcha know...???
LOL! Yeh I know it's what all 'bored' members do ...... I was just suggesting it might save the thread from being ended from too much arguing. 'Cause you and I both know 'board' members do a lot of that too !!! ;)(y)(y)(y)

I have no animus against Alec Baldwin. My heart goes out to him, because I can't imagine how grief-stricken he must be at this time. I'm glad nothing like this ever happened with me before I learned about gun safety.

I guarantee you he didn't know that (1) you should always assume that a gun is loaded, and (2) you should never point a gun at anyone or anything that you don't intend to shoot. The actors' union and the studio both should require that he and other actors learn this stuff before ever letting them handle any sort of gun in a movie shoot.
Even I so it would've stopped what had happened being the prop master's ultimate responsibility.

i cannot see this as a career ending situation for Alex, but most certainly, he may end up on the physchatrists couch for a number of months, if not years.

why would anyone substitute a live round?

actually, it could have been the prop master's helper, maybe a new person, that somehow picked up the wrong ammo at the prop room storage, (but then why would they even have real ammo in storage??) or maybe someone hell bent on revenge for Alec?

like maybe a former boyfriend or fan of his daughters?

don't forget, he publicly humiliated her........

some fans, are twisted enough to wait to strike.
I am most apt to apply Hanlon's Razor. We shall see when the facts are out.

I’m not an expert on prop guns and blank cartridges, but I don’t see how it’s physically possible to injure someone seriously enough to kill them with blank cartridges.

I wonder if the pistol was loaded with something else besides blanks. In any case…rule #1 of gun safety is treat all guns as loaded. And so on.

If it was truly an accident, then I feel bad for anyone involved, but I especially feel for those who died and their families. Alec Baldwin has never been a sympathetic figure to me, so honestly hard to shed too many tears for him.

I’m not an expert on prop guns and blank cartridges, but I don’t see how it’s physically possible to injure someone seriously enough to kill them with blank cartridges.

I wonder if the pistol was loaded with something else besides blanks. In any case…rule #1 of gun safety is treat all guns as loaded. And so on.

If it was truly an accident, then I feel bad for anyone involved, but I especially feel for those who died and their families. Alec Baldwin has never been a sympathetic figure to me, so honestly hard to shed too many tears for him.
The wad or percussion can cause enough damage at close range to kill someone.

Bruce Lee’s son Jason was killed by a blank round filming “The Crow”…it happens from time to time.

As to the initial comment about “not pointing a gun at something you don’t want to destroy”…these are supposed to be safe props. Think about how many movies where there’s a view of the hero shooting directly into the camera…the actors take the word of the prop master/stunt director that what they are doing is 100% safe…so, really, it’s not on the actor, here.

I’m not an expert on Jason Lee’s death, but I believe the issue was that the gun was supposed to contain blanks and had an actual round loaded. So he was shot and killed by a bullet.
Yes and no.

A blank round was what killed him—because a squib “dummy” round (had a primer, but no powder) had lodged a bullet in the barrel in an earlier scene.

So, yes, it was a bullet, but it wasn’t a loaded round per se—a blank propelled it.

Yes and no.

A blank round was what killed him—because a squib “dummy” round (had a primer, but no powder) had lodged a bullet in the barrel in an earlier scene.

So, yes, it was a bullet, but it wasn’t a loaded round per se—a blank propelled it.
So who will be charged with what??

It's Brandon Lee, not Jason. Jason Lee is a scamintologist actor from the show My Name is Earl.

After Brandon Lee's death I can't believe they even still use operable firearms as movie props. The flash and the bang can easily be added later. In fact I just read an article in the NRA magazine about this last month. It basically said they weren't using real guns or operable guns as props much if at all anymore. And this is why.

RE Alec Baldwin, he is majorly anti-gun and by most accounts ( I would imagine especially his daughter's) he is a complete A-hole. I feel bad for the family of the dead man and the injured director. Almost certainly there will be no charges, but I almost guarantee a major lawsuit or settlement is forthcoming. Not against Baldwin, I don't think he is any way to blame, but some dumbass had an operable firearm and ammunition on a movie set. THAT is negligence.

While what happened is terrible and I dont wish that on anyone, Baldwin advocates against gun owners and the right to own guns, but still makes a very large living making movies with guns. Go figure.

He should be prosecuted. He was in control of the firearm.

God Bless the families.

While what happened is terrible and I dont wish that on anyone, Baldwin advocates against gun owners and the right to own guns, but still makes a very large living making movies with guns. Go figure.

He should be prosecuted. He was in control of the firearm.

God Bless the families.
He thought the gun was a prop. There was negligence on someone's part, but I don't think it was on him. Sadly this will only further fuel anti gun sentiment with Baldwin and the rest of Hollywierd. As much as I dislike the man I don't think he deserves his fate here, which is to live the rest of his life knowing he killed someone.

Back