testtest

Review: EMP Concealed Carry Contour 9mm

Not a fan of the 1911 for carry, in any configuration, and I'll freely confess a DA/SA bias on my part. Couple that with my previous experience of owning an imported clone that was a better hammer than handgun. Still, an interesting read and decent review.

This pistol is next on my want list, been looking for an EMP for quite some time now, when my shop does get them in, they don’t last long, missed the last time by just a few hours…. good article Mike

OK Springfield, almost there. I like the idea of a "smaller" frame. So here's what I want now. Cut the grip height down to the same height as an Officer model and the barrel to 3-3.25" and make the frame out of a lightweight metal like aluminum or scandium. This might bring the weight down to about 25-28 ounces and even lower would be better. Slide cuts, with a bit heavier spring might reduce weight even a bit more. Is it possible to make the grips out of a lighter material and make them slim style? Get rid of another ounce. Now you are almost what the Ruger SR 1911 Officer Model is but better built and carrying the SA brand. Do it for $1,200 and I'll order it now even if it is about $400 more than the Ruger. To give credit where due the Ruger does always go bang even if it rattles when you shake it.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: EMP Concealed Carry Contour 9mm" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-emp-concealed-carry-contour-9mm/.

Both my wife and I have been carrying the EMP4 CCC for EDC for the last year and a half. I went to it from a Sig 1911.she went from a FNS9. She used it at the Gunfire 250. Both have performed flawlessly. The EMP 4CCC is a perfect concealed carry pistol. The 1911 frame is dependable and the trigger on both of ours breaks just at 5 labs.

Just read your review. Less than a year and discontinued. Must’ve been a lot of them like mine that won’t feed from a full mag.

Just read your review. Less than a year and discontinued. Must’ve been a lot of them like mine that won’t feed from a full mag.
1+1=3?

If you dislike yours so much perhaps you might look into selling it off. Maybe a Glock might be better suited?

Since the EMP line is very popular and they just added 2 Ronin Emp models I suspect the contour format was not the best seller in the line.

I have an EMP4-40 and the EMP3-40 and have zero problems from either of mine-
I wish I could have found the Contour carry in .40 S&W before Springfield discontinued it-

1+1=3?

If you dislike yours so much perhaps you might look into selling it off. Maybe a Glock might be better suited?

Since the EMP line is very popular and they just added 2 Ronin Emp models I suspect the contour format was not the best seller in the line.
I would be surprised if it wasn't a best seller, my local gun store couldn't keep them in stock. They were a bit pricy, but well worth it, great shooters and easy to pack. My wife and I both use the EMP4CCC for our EDC.

I have an EMP4-40 and the EMP3-40 and have zero problems from either of mine-
I wish I could have found the Contour carry in .40 S&W before Springfield discontinued it-
The contour on the .40 allows too much muzzle flip and weaker grip. It's bad enough that they didn't put anything on the front of the grip to help control it better! Trust me, you're better off.

I now have 5200 rounds through my EMP4CCC. Works like a champ. Use it for my EDC. It has not malfunctioned once since I’ve owned it.

Back