testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

I had the same problem as many others above. I received a notice that it was received on 1.24.2022. I had received notice from FedEx that they had delivered to Springfield several days earlier than the notice.
The notice said to expect some action in 2-4 Weeks.
I will post what happens...

I purchased my wasp on December 29th. Its been just about a month and It’s been working fine. Ive shot and cleaned a couple times in the month. Today no dot! I’m hoping it’s the battery, but I’m not gonna hold my breath! I don’t have that kind of luck

I purchased my wasp on December 29th. Its been just about a month and It’s been working fine. Ive shot and cleaned a couple times in the month. Today no dot! I’m hoping it’s the battery, but I’m not gonna hold my breath! I don’t have that kind of luck
You're experiencing the same problem of the wasp draining the battery in 4 weeks. You can choose to contact springfield for a RMA now or try your luck and replace your battery, only to confirm in 4 weeks what you already know, which is you have a bad wasp. Good luck!

Well, based on this thread I installed my battery on the 26th of Dec and it's still going strong. But still no one has mentioned whether or not SA has said anything about the little hole where the emitter is and if there is any issues with possible water intrusion.

Well, based on this thread I installed my battery on the 26th of Dec and it's still going strong. But still no one has mentioned whether or not SA has said anything about the little hole where the emitter is and if there is any issues with possible water intrusion.
The instructions say the wasp is IPX7 rated which is waterproof up to 30 mins submerged in about 1 meter of water. I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. If water damage does occur though, RMA it because it's a lifetime warranty.

The Hex is the reason I didn't purchase a RDP. I have the RMSc w/ glass on both of my Hellcats and put a Apex threaded barrel on one of them. Would have bought one if it came without the Wasp. I learned my lesson buying a P365X with a Romeo Zero. :(

I have two Wasps...one that was purchased about 6 months ago and is working fine with no signs of the battery problem.
The newer one, purchased in late December, is back at the factory for replacement.
I would not have purchased the 2nd one if I had problems with the first Wasp or had seen this thread.

I have two Wasps...one that was purchased about 6 months ago and is working fine with no signs of the battery problem.
The newer one, purchased in late December, is back at the factory for replacement.
I would not have purchased the 2nd one if I had problems with the first Wasp or had seen this thread.
Seems like some sort of batch issue with guns sold around November-December. Hoping my replacement is like your first. Supposed to show up today so I’ll get it mounted and see how long it lasts. I’ll keep this thread updated with my findings.

I have a Hex Wasp I purchased in late November 2021.
The battery failed within about 3 weeks, so I replaced it with a new one.
That new one failed yesterday.
I went to remove that battery and found one of the mounting screws starting to strip out.
I have sent an e-mail to Springfield Armory customer service but it looks a though from everyone else that I should call them direct on the phone.
I'm not real happy as the cost of the red dot was pretty high in my opinion and their 65,000 hour estimation is a joke for battery life.
The Hellcat is my EDC and being a retired LEO I depend on stuff to work.
I also teach CCE classes here and am not going to recommend that optic to any of my students.

Having to take it off, replace the battery and re-zero once a month isn't going to cut it.

Frankly...I am a bit dismayed at the fact that no one from Springfield has posted on this thread with some sort of explanation. This forum is part of Springfield's web site so they are no doubt aware and monitoring it. It would be best if they would step up and face the situation head on so that we know what to expect. They are not gaining fans at this point.

I sent my Wasp back to factory by FedEx on 17 January. Factory acknowledged receipt 7 days later on 24 January.
I have not had any further communication from them as of 3 January, 10 days after they received the unit.

I sent my Wasp back to factory by FedEx on 17 January. Factory acknowledged receipt 7 days later on 24 January.
I have not had any further communication from them as of 3 January, 10 days after they received the unit.
That’s about similar to mine. I think it took two weeks then I suddenly got an email with fedex tracking. So I’d expect you get an email here within the next couple days.

this is not a reply, trying to o my crinsome trace 1500 in an having problems. Watched many video's and none are very clear, i believe everyone has different views, looking for some help

I've looked the best I can down into the emitter area and don't see any wires. Kind of hard to see down in there. I've had mine since they came out a year ago and haven't had any issues. Although I don't think I've ever gotten it really wet either...

this is not a reply, trying to o my crinsome trace 1500 in an having problems. Watched many video's and none are very clear, i believe everyone has different views, looking for some help
Shoot from a bench rest. Start out at 5 yards. Get your dot adjusted for windage and just make sure you are on paper. Then move out to your intended zero range and adjust for elevation. You can pay attention to MOA per click to figure out how many clicks per inch or you can just go slow, adjusting a few clicks at a time until you're on. I

Back