testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

thx, should your dot be above front sight?
It is extremely possible it will end up there, but it should be zero'ed independently from your iron sights. Most of the time these optics come factory "Zero'ed" and only require relatively small adjustments. After mounting the red dot, if the dot is off to one side or the other significantly, you could move it in line with the front sight just to get it closer before adjusting it with live fire ( assuming your irons are adjusted correctly), although every one I ever had was pretty close to center to start with. Where it ends up vertically on the front sight will depend on what distance you zero it at. If you intend to use the gun as a carry gun you need to train a lot with the red dot and you should pretty much ignore your front sight.

So to make a long story a little longer, no you're dot shouldn't be placed on your front sight as a means of zero'ing it, but after you have zero'ed the dot it probably will be.

The discussion above regarding zero a new red dot is interesting...but is a complete hijacking of this discussion concerning the recent problems encountered with the battery life of the Hex Wasp optic.

I can't help wonder if the thread is being misdirected to change the discussion. I really don't think that is the case...but it is very strange.

The discussion above regarding zero a new red dot is interesting...but is a complete hijacking of this discussion concerning the recent problems encountered with the battery life of the Hex Wasp optic.

I can't help wonder if the thread is being misdirected to change the discussion. I really don't think that is the case...but it is very strange.
I was merely trying to be helpful when someone asked a question. I am absolutely the last guy that would try to distract anyone from discussing a problem with this optic. I think it’s a piece of shite.

Shoot from a bench rest. Start out at 5 yards. Get your dot adjusted for windage and just make sure you are on paper. Then move out to your intended zero range and adjust for elevation. You can pay attention to MOA per click to figure out how many clicks per inch or you can just go slow, adjusting a few clicks at a time until you're on. I
This is my first Hex Wasp that I've owned, but I've had experience with several other brands. Is the Hex Wasp supposed to make click sounds when adjusting for windage/elevation. I thought it was odd when mine didn't.

I purchased the HellcatRDP back on November 1. Installed the Hex and on December 1 the dot dimmed and could hardly be seen. I called SA and they said to replace the battery so I did. Happy New Year...it died on New Year's Eve. So I have installed two new batteries and both have lasted exactly 1 month. 3rd one (and last one) going in today. If this one goes out before June I am sending the Hex back for a replacement.
They will just send you a replacement one that may or may not be a fixed one.

The emails I received from Springfield yesterday and this morning:

Them: Hello, The problem our guys have found is that some of them were not dimming like they were supposed to so it is draining the batteries. They have been working getting these replaced/rectified.

My Response: Ok, so why am I having to continue to send mine in? This will be the third time in 4 months.

Them: That is what they are wanting us to have customers do so that they can get the red dots replaced not that they have figured out the issue.

So basically they are just sending out new ones hoping to get a good one to their customers eventually. This will be my fourth replacement, all a while taking at least a month to get between sending and receiving.

I've got the same issue going on. Just spoke with customer service and they will replace it. It's not my primary carry so I can send the optic and wait for replacement. I'm just curious if the new one is any better.
Nope, I will be getting my fourth new one in 2-4 weeks..again..sigh.

Last edited:
Something must have changed along the way somewhere. Mine has been fine for a year now, and I don't remember a lot of complaining and problems when they first came out a year ago. Seems to me, this started sometime in the fall. Maybe they changed something in the manufacturing process? Or something in the design to make it better or fix something else? Or maybe they changed parts vendors? I don't know, but seems to me like it went from being a fine product to having issues somewhere along the line. They need to take a look at that, because this is not doing their reputation any good...

I bought my Wasp new, back in October, 2021. The first battery last me 1 month. I replaced the battery and it too died in one month. Put in a call to SA and they replaced it with another...different S/N.
The battery in the "new" sight last me 1 month and 1 day!! Put in a call to SA, they are sending me a shipping label. If (when?) this one fails, I'm asking for a refund. Might try the new CT RAD Micro series dot...IDK!

Last edited:
Back