testtest

Hex Wasp - Anyone’s randomly stop working?

Yep, bought my Hellcat about a month ago. Hex/Wasp battery is now dead. Thought they were supposed to last a year or so. I bought the gun with sight new but who knows how long the dealer had the gun. I'll take it off and put another battery in and see how long it takes that one to discharge.
I personally wouldn't waste the time trying. Give springfield a call and get that RMA for it. It's highly unlikely it was a bad battery and it's definitely a manufacturing defect. Springfield customer service informed me the somes wasps weren't dimming properly.

Well this is not good. I received my replacement January 29th and installed on my hellcat. I never even made it to the range to sight it in completely. Found the red dot not working last night (Feb 28th), so another instance of the sight lasting one month before breaking for me. Not feeling confident anymore in this system.

Well this is not good. I received my replacement January 29th and installed on my hellcat. I never even made it to the range to sight it in completely. Found the red dot not working last night (Feb 28th), so another instance of the sight lasting one month before breaking for me. Not feeling confident anymore in this system.
Yep, I want my money back! That’s what I’m going to tell SA when my next Wasp (third one!!) fails. Haven’t received it yet, but I already know what is going to happen.

I am curious how getting money back will work. I ordered mine online from a gun shop in another state because I could not find anyone around here who stocked it back in December. In hindsight I should have asked a LGS to order it for me. That gun shop is not aware I have sent mine back to Springfield for warranty replacement. I seriously don't see them wanting to refund my money if I wind up going through another couple of these. Springfield is not going to cut me a check because I did not buy it from them. Beyond disappointed in this. I can accept a problem with a product. However from the looks of it, Springfield has not fixed the problem. I am not optimistic, but am hopeful when they send my replacement that it will work. It would be nice to see them at least acknowledge what is going on, and give some guidance about what they are doing to remedy it.

I am curious how getting money back will work. I ordered mine online from a gun shop in another state because I could not find anyone around here who stocked it back in December. In hindsight I should have asked a LGS to order it for me. That gun shop is not aware I have sent mine back to Springfield for warranty replacement. I seriously don't see them wanting to refund my money if I wind up going through another couple of these. Springfield is not going to cut me a check because I did not buy it from them. Beyond disappointed in this. I can accept a problem with a product. However from the looks of it, Springfield has not fixed the problem. I am not optimistic, but am hopeful when they send my replacement that it will work. It would be nice to see them at least acknowledge what is going on, and give some guidance about what they are doing to remedy it.
Nobody buys a firearm directly from Springfield, they are all bought through an LGS that are supplied by a distributor. If you registered the firearm with Springfield for the warranty then have them work on it.

Been reading the hex wasp battery issue. I don't believe it's the battery, as I'm on my 3 third battery change since Nov. 2021. I finally called Springfield. and the nice lady on the phone said, yes, the battery is supposed to last way much more time than 3 weeks to a month. according to Springfield it is supposed to last at least 2 years. or over 6000 hours, so it's not the battery. it has to be the unit. Maybe I got a faulty unit. received a fed exp. label to return wasp for replacement. Springfield is a great company. I have there xd's. so, I will keep you all posted when I receive the new wasp. lead time is 30 days for a new one. I got the original wasp when I purchased the $849.00 RDP package.
so maybe the first batch had some issues. but I will find out. KEEP SAFE.

It’s not the first batch that went bad. It was at least the 2nd or 3rd batch that are having problems. I bought mine the day after they were released back on 2/23/2021 and mine is still going strong. Hopefully the next batch a previous poster mentioned will have the issue fixed. Good luck to all of you that have had this issue. I’d be pretty pissed…

Been reading the hex wasp battery issue. I don't believe it's the battery, as I'm on my 3 third battery change since Nov. 2021. I finally called Springfield. and the nice lady on the phone said, yes, the battery is supposed to last way much more time than 3 weeks to a month. according to Springfield it is supposed to last at least 2 years. or over 6000 hours, so it's not the battery. it has to be the unit. Maybe I got a faulty unit. received a fed exp. label to return wasp for replacement. Springfield is a great company. I have there xd's. so, I will keep you all posted when I receive the new wasp. lead time is 30 days for a new one. I got the original wasp when I purchased the $849.00 RDP package.
so maybe the first batch had some issues. but I will find out. KEEP SAFE.
Correction, not 6,000 hours but 65,000 hours……or 2 years

After reading today the new Armory Life magazine I received in the mail the new XD-S 4” 9mm is being offered with a Red Dot but it’s a Crimson Trace.

Just got an rdp from my local gun store, dot is drifting and not holding zero. Very disappointed from such an expensive carry gun. Should I wait to swap it or go ahead and start the process? curious what the current lead times are.

Just got an rdp from my local gun store, dot is drifting and not holding zero. Very disappointed from such an expensive carry gun. Should I wait to swap it or go ahead and start the process? curious what the current lead times are.
trust me, yes expensive. did you try to zero it yourself? normally it should be zeroed in at 25 yards from the factory. if so, and your still getting problems, contact them right away and get a new wasp. lead time to get a wasp is 30 days. confirmed by customer service.

trust me, yes expensive. did you try to zero it yourself? normally it should be zeroed in at 25 yards from the factory. if so, and your still getting problems, contact them right away and get a new wasp. lead time to get a wasp is 30 days. confirmed by customer service.
Not on out of the box, tried zeroing didn't hold. Recounted optic and tried to zero again with no luck. Possibly got a lemon going to call them tomorrow.

With all due respect, a problem with it not holding zero is likely not a problem common to the sight. Not holding zero can be a any of several issues, especially loose mounting screws or insufficient torque on the mount screws.

I'd suggest you double checking the mount system for tightness/security before condemning the sight itself. A 'really competent gun smith' can usually 'feel' an appropriate torque on a mount screw, at least close enough to keep it tight. The rest of us usually need a little help in the way of a good torque sensing screw driver or a 'really competent gun smith'. (y) (y)(y)

Not on out of the box, tried zeroing didn't hold. Recounted optic and tried to zero again with no luck. Possibly got a lemon going to call them tomorrow.
Yes , call them and get a new one. Be about 30 days lead time. I noticed that when purchases were made through a dealer for the RDP, those had the problems. If ordered separately didn't have the issues we are having. Just my take on it. But it will get resolved.

With all due respect, a problem with it not holding zero is likely not a problem common to the sight. Not holding zero can be a any of several issues, especially loose mounting screws or insufficient torque on the mount screws.

I'd suggest you double checking the mount system for tightness/security before condemning the sight itself. A 'really competent gun smith' can usually 'feel' an appropriate torque on a mount screw, at least close enough to keep it tight. The rest of us usually need a little help in the way of a good torque sensing screw driver or a 'really competent gun smith'. (y) (y)(y)

I agree, but my particular issue is dead battery after every month. 3 batteries in 3 months. Has to be the faulty unit. But tomorrow i will be sending back the wasp. Was told 30 days to get a new one. Thats fine. As long as they are doing there part. Springfield is good with there warranties.

Back