testtest

A Case For The Defensive Big-Bore Revolver

Yes, I am "God of the gun"
1646089059957.png

RE:
"You are going to need some suspenders for that thing"

500 mag long.jpg

Nice pair of revolvers there @Philmo11. Heck, I just bought a pair of Suspenders to carry my Hellcat w/ a double mag pouch on my opposite side :LOL:. The 500 came with a carrying sling (pic below), which is how I'd most likely carry it, or a shoulder rig like I have for my Deagle 50AE. Below are my collection of revolvers posted in an earlier thread, with a picture of my recent new Python acquisition.

sw-170231.jpg
011.JPG

I am an RSO but it has nothing to do with this. I in no way implied I did anything against his will. I do not feel it necessary to explain myself but since you are so concerned, I offered to take it in trade because of his inability to pay. To your last question, I think its irresponsible to carry so much overkill and risk putting innocent bystanders in harms way because of some little big man syndrome. Imagine having to pull that weapon in a mall, your church or your local Walmart where several shootings have occurred and tell me it makes sense. That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

RE:
"You are going to need some suspenders for that thing"

500 mag long.jpg

Nice pair of revolvers there @Philmo11. Heck, I just bought a pair of Suspenders to carry my Hellcat w/ a double mag pouch on my opposite side :LOL:. The 500 came with a carrying sling (pic below), which is how I'd most likely carry it, or a shoulder rig like I have for my Deagle 50AE. Below are my collection of revolvers posted in an earlier thread, with a picture of my recent new Python acquisition.

View attachment 25207View attachment 25208
Sweet, I have several but don't have a pic of them all together. 500, 460, a few 44s, a bunch of 45s

I am an RSO but it has nothing to do with this. I in no way implied I did anything against his will. I do not feel it necessary to explain myself but since you are so concerned, I offered to take it in trade because of his inability to pay. To your last question, I think its irresponsible to carry so much overkill and risk putting innocent bystanders in harms way because of some little big man syndrome. Imagine having to pull that weapon in a mall, your church or your local Walmart where several shootings have occurred and tell me it makes sense. That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.
If you pull your weapon in a mall, church, or Walmart—does rule 4 suddenly not apply?

Just as dangerous to launch a 9mm as that .500 if the background isn’t clear, no?

@BET7 Here are some more of mine. I have an 8" 10mm Bad Boy and a 6" 357 Tracker not here yet.

6.5" 357 Blackhawks
357 Rugers.png

6" NAA Hogleg, 22, 22 mag
NAA Hogleg.jpg

10.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag, custom Bisley
44 Ruger.png

1871 Open Top Navy 38 special
1871.jpg

18" Uberti 45 Colt and 10" Cimarron Wyatt Earp in 45 Colt
Cimaron 45s.jpg

Ruger Single-Six Bisleys in 22
Single six bisleys.jpg

Uberti Stallion 22/22 mag
Uberti Stallion.jpg

Ruger Blackhawk Bisleys in 45 Colt/45 ACP
45 Ruger Bisleys.jpg

Taurus Model 44 in 44 mag
Model 44.jpg

@BET7 Here are some more of mine. I have an 8" 10mm Bad Boy and a 6" 357 Tracker not here yet.

6.5" 357 Blackhawks
View attachment 25214
View attachment 25221
View attachment 25213

View attachment 25215
View attachment 25216
View attachment 25218
View attachment 25219
View attachment 25220
View attachment 25217
Nice very nice collection

If you pull your weapon in a mall, church, or Walmart—does rule 4 suddenly not apply?

Just as dangerous to launch a 9mm as that .500 if the background isn’t clear, no?
I would not put the two in the same classification. That's just a silly comparison. You aren't going to just stand there and let someone shoot you, are you? The amount of damage done to an unintended target or targets is not even in the same neighborhood. We are talking about the potential to kill multiple people with a single round.

6.5" 357 Blackhawks
View attachment 25214
View attachment 25221
View attachment 25213

View attachment 25215
View attachment 25216
View attachment 25218
View attachment 25219
View attachment 25220
View attachment 25217
Very, Very nice Philmo11 (y). I'm envious.

This conversation gives me the sudden urge to go out to the family timber and go squirrel hunting with a 50 BMG.
although you took away his gun, because he could not pay for it..?? i am not understanding that. when i go to the LGS, i have to pay for my gun(s) before i walk out the door.....so i'm kinda not getting what you mean by, he couldn't pay...???

in regards to him carrying a large bore gun, it is not up to us to decide how many people he hurts, or kills, when he takes out one thug, or a row of thugs, standing in a straight line.... that's on him 1000%.

and for the courts to deal with him, in both criminal (if found to be criminally at fault) and in civil court for the most assured lawsuits for wrongful deaths.

for that matter, why do some people carry a revolver with either 44 mag or 357 mag as protection.? don't those do damage as well?

no one has to defend thier ccw gun of choice to anyone.

that's if i recall, our right to freedom.

I would not put the two in the same classification. That's just a silly comparison. You aren't going to just stand there and let someone shoot you, are you? The amount of damage done to an unintended target or targets is not even in the same neighborhood. We are talking about the potential to kill multiple people with a single round.
Yeah; if my choice is to take incoming or shoot an innocent bystander?

I'm not pressing the trigger. And I’d seriously question the carry ethics of anyone who would.

although you took away his gun, because he could not pay for it..?? i am not understanding that. when i go to the LGS, i have to pay for my gun(s) before i walk out the door.....so i'm kinda not getting what you mean by, he couldn't pay...???

in regards to him carrying a large bore gun, it is not up to us to decide how many people he hurts, or kills, when he takes out one thug, or a row of thugs, standing in a straight line.... that's on him 1000%.

and for the courts to deal with him, in both criminal (if found to be criminally at fault) and in civil court for the most assured lawsuits for wrongful deaths.

for that matter, why do some people carry a revolver with either 44 mag or 357 mag as protection.? don't those do damage as well?

no one has to defend thier ccw gun of choice to anyone.

that's if i recall, our right to freedom.
You’re barking up the wrong tree.

You and I often agree, but we diverge on this one. I can't think of a load out of a .500 S&W that won't blow through a person and a few walls behind them. Or a car. Or a lot of other things. Yes, Rule 4 always applies, but there are some rounds that are just far more dangerous than others in a PDW situation. I also think we have to acknowledge that most people who have to draw a gun in self defense are going to have a good deal of tunnel vision and Rule 4 is not going to be followed. As much as I'd like to say they'd all stay clear headed and only take a safe shot, I don't have any faith in that being the case. In my mind, there is no reasonable situation to carry a .500 S&W as a self-defense weapon in a populated area unless we're at war or some such thing. I'd do it in the woods in a heartbeat. In Brooklyn Center on a Tuesday? Not a chance.

Yeah; if my choice is to take incoming or shoot an innocent bystander?

I'm not pressing the trigger. And I’d seriously question the carry ethics of anyone who would.
I question the ethics of a lot of this conversation. Active shooter in a public place and you choose not to shoot because the gun chosen is so over the top powerful it put everyone else in danger. I’d never put myself in that position.

You and I often agree, but we diverge on this one. I can't think of a load out of a .500 S&W that won't blow through a person and a few walls behind them. Or a car. Or a lot of other things. Yes, Rule 4 always applies, but there are some rounds that are just far more dangerous than others in a PDW situation. I also think we have to acknowledge that most people who have to draw a gun in self defense are going to have a good deal of tunnel vision and Rule 4 is not going to be followed. As much as I'd like to say they'd all stay clear headed and only take a safe shot, I don't have any faith in that being the case. In my mind, there is no reasonable situation to carry a .500 S&W as a self-defense weapon in a populated area unless we're at war or some such thing. I'd do it in the woods in a heartbeat. In Brooklyn Center on a Tuesday? Not a chance.
I agree with everything you just said. Recently had this conversation about the time required to draw, get on target and pull the trigger in a life threatening situation. You arent likely going to have time to check behind someone when it’s time to shoot. Choose wisely what you carry.

You’re barking up the wrong tree.
i don't see how. as i said, we have the right with our permits, to carry what we want, as long as (like in my state) i qualified for such a caliber. otherwise, i would not legally be able to carry a higher caliber than what i qualified with.

it is not for us to determine why a person should not carry a gun "way too big". that's his choice.

i am not certain of what state this happened in, whether open carry or concealed carry, or permit, or permit less.

it was still his choice to carry, maybe even a bazooka, if he was allowed to.

you simply in all reality, cannot be "The Gun God"

i don't see how. as i said, we have the right with our permits, to carry what we want, as long as (like in my state) i qualified for such a caliber. otherwise, i would not legally be able to carry a higher caliber than what i qualified with.

it is not for us to determine why a person should not carry a gun "way too big". that's his choice.

i am not certain of what state this happened in, whether open carry or concealed carry, or permit, or permit less.

it was still his choice to carry, maybe even a bazooka, if he was allowed to.

you simply in all reality, cannot be "The Gun God"
Having the right to do something does not absolve you of being a reckless idjit.

Back