- upper
BFA03DEC-2DBF-4817-AB0A-AF87AF818EB3.jpeg
EDFE6300-8AFA-4715-A0C3-7A1CB2014620.jpeg
1ABA28DE-373B-4A78-A548-3ED660C71579.jpeg

Attachments

• 9E51527C-EF6B-4016-8176-1D7A498E88EC.jpeg
    9E51527C-EF6B-4016-8176-1D7A498E88EC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
I suppose I ought to toss mine into the ring too...
L - My AR15, R- My AR10.
Starting at the muzzle, both have standard birdcage muzzle with USGI dust cap
AR15: M4gery profile AR10: Heavy barrel & aftermarket bayo lug
AR15: Magpul foregrip w/M-Lok tac light AR10: Monstrum quad-rail foregrip w/pic rail tac light
Both: 2-point slings with storage sleeve, qd mount, 1-point sling not shown
Both: Firefield optics; cheap but effective.
AR15: Mission First Tactical standard 30rd mag w/Hornady TAP LE 5.56 and 'ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ' ambi charging handle;
AR10: Magpul LR/SR 25rd Pmag w/Hornady Critical Defense .308WIN, Radian Raptor charging handle.
Both: Backing plate - HK-type 1-point steel ambi loop, milspec buffer tube, Mission First Tactical minimalist milspec adjustable stock with QD points
The AR15 started as a Bushmaster and I heavily modded it, and the AR10 is a DPMS Oracle. My "backyard" tool because this is bear country and I've already had a few bear encounters in the last year. I have more in my safe but these are my favorites!
AR's are Me.jpg

My totally tacticool AR, coated this for a company, they wanted a coating that went to 11. So this was my take on the tacticool meme with the AR that has a bunch of stuff attached. The company wussed out......I literally created such a crazy AR that they could not handle it. So I kept it and Brah it is sweet, it has everything including the kitchen sink. What color is it? All of them brah. By the way it is functional not just a show piece. May the Tiki Gods never rain thunder down upon you. Oh thats my partner in crime Negan, he is a Belgian Malinois and his hobbies include long walks on the beach, and F...ing S...T up And chewing on his humans.

View attachment 427
View attachment 428
View attachment 429
Man that thing looks loud! I bet in makes a lot of noise too! 😂😂😂

Ok so I just picked up my First AR platform. I wanted a SA AR10 but the LGS didn't have any, but he turned me on to this Palmetto. Told me it was a really good entry level AR platform with good reviews. Like I've mentioned earlier. I know absolutely nothing about AR platforms. Good buy for $1000? Any opinions are most definitely appreciated! Have no idea what I'm going to do for a sighting system either?

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_180226755.jpg
    IMG_20220407_180226755.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 122
Ok so I just picked up my First AR platform. I wanted a SA AR10 but the LGS didn't have any, but he turned me on to this Palmetto. Told me it was a really good entry level AR platform with good reviews. Like I've mentioned earlier. I know absolutely nothing about AR platforms. Good buy for $1000? Any opinions are most definitely appreciated! Have no idea what I'm going to do for a sighting system either?
I also went with a PSA Gen 3 PA-10. While some call it a "entry-level" AR10-type I put it right in the middle-group of available AR10-types which includes the SA .308 platforms.

I swapped out the PG and stock for better Magpul versions, and Phase 5 BAD-type lever and a .308 Radian Weapons Raptor-LT Charging Handle.

Everything you'd want to do with an AR15 regarding BUIS & optics will work for the PA-10.

I also went with a PSA Gen 3 PA-10. While some call it a "entry-level" AR10-type I put it right in the middle-group of available AR10-types which includes the SA .308 platforms.

I swapped out the PG and stock for better Magpul versions, and Phase 5 BAD-type lever and a .308 Radian Weapons Raptor-LT Charging Handle.

Everything you'd want to do with an AR15 regarding BUIS & optics will work for the PA-10.
Thankyou for the solid information!

Do you recommend poly or metal mags. Or dose it matter other than weight, and what brand of magazines?

I have never had any problems with PSA stuff. I have a few of their lowers. I’ve bought a lot of weird shotguns from them too. Looks like a good deal to me brother.

As for mags you should buy a couple P Mags and a few USGI mags and see which you like. Frankly I haven’t heard about too many guns that don’t love P Mags. That’s what I use for all of mine.

I have never had any problems with PSA stuff. I have a few of their lowers. I’ve bought a lot of weird shotguns from them too. Looks like a good deal to me brother.

As for mags you should buy a couple P Mags and a few USGI mags and see which you like. Frankly I haven’t heard about too many guns that don’t love P Mags. That’s what I use for all of mine.
Roger, all that sounds good. Thankyou! So what kind of accuracy can be expected out of the rifle providing I can shoot it straight? I've been told by many that most stock AR10 platform's shoot straighter than a stock M1A standard model.

Roge
That you will have to ask some of the other guys. All mine are 5.56.
Roger that. Will do. How about sights? Any recommendations there? I'm thinking low power telescopic but I'm not sure. I'm going to be using it for an all around rifle If that helps at all.

Last edited:
Roge
Roger that. Will do. How about sights? Any recommendations there? I'm thinking low power telescopic but I'm not sure. I'm going to be using it for an all around rifle If that helps at all.
There is a massive thread or threads going on scopes right now. @Wannabewoodsman asked as well. Search him and other scope threads. Tons of info from the group on this. As well as Armory Life forum itself posted a scope and mount article

Roge
Are you planning on using it for long range ( 200 plus yards) or medium/ close range ?

I’d put BUIS on it and the best LPVO you can afford. Unless you want strictly long range, then I’d put a good scope on it.

Back