testtest

Most Disliked Gun & Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, if I must, Kimber Micro 9 stainless, first day I took it out, the hammer chipped where slide comes back to reset hammer, guide rod bent, jammed every other round. Was using Magtech 115fmc.

Called Kimber up, told me jamming was normal for the first 500 rounds, told CS, I can’t even shoot 50 let alone 500. Guide rod was my fault according to them, I didn’t reassemble it right, told CS it only goes together one way, hammer chipped, it can happen, should have no effect.

End result, it went back to gun shop, as a trade, they said they would send it back to get repaired, told the counter guy, good luck with that.

Lesson learned....DON‘T BUY KIMBER....

Ok, if I must, Kimber Micro 9 stainless, first day I took it out, the hammer chipped where slide comes back to reset hammer, guide rod bent, jammed every other round. Was using Magtech 115fmc.

Called Kimber up, told me jamming was normal for the first 500 rounds, told CS, I can’t even shoot 50 let alone 500. Guide rod was my fault according to them, I didn’t reassemble it right, told CS it only goes together one way, hammer chipped, it can happen, should have no effect.

End result, it went back to gun shop, as a trade, they said they would send it back to get repaired, told the counter guy, good luck with that.

Lesson learned....DON‘T BUY KIMBER....
Wow that sounds like a terrible customer service experience! I've heard of a few people having issues with that same gun. It's never a good sign when customer service points the finger at you especially before even seeing the defective product..

I don't really dislike any of the guns I own. I have one that I would place in the 'awkward to shoot' category and that is my CZ Scorpion.

As far as customer service is concerned, I have only had to deal with a one of them and they were a pleasure to deal with and that would be Rock Island Armory.

I only have two brands of firearms, they are Smith&Wesson and Springfield Armory.
I only needed customer service when I bought my Range Officer the mags look like they have been left in the rain.
Customer service replaced them no problem.
The firearms have been flawless.
Can't wait to see everyone's comments.

I don't really dislike any of the guns I own. I have one that I would place in the 'awkward to shoot' category and that is my CZ Scorpion.

As far as customer service is concerned, I have only had to deal with a one of them and they were a pleasure to deal with and that would be Rock Island Armory.
That's good to hear about RIA!

What makes the scorpion awkward? Is it the pistol or carbine? I don't own or have ever shot a scorpion but I have an interest in possibly buying one in the future.

What was wrong with the pistol's?

Any reason you didn't reach out to customer service?

This was back in the 2000's. All had major magazines issues and they weren't accurate.

EAA had a bad rep for CS so I cut the pistols (10mm, 45 &38 Super) loose.

Maybe they're better now, and I understand there's a new importer.

My .02

I only have two brands of firearms, they are Smith&Wesson and Springfield Armory.
I only needed customer service when I bought my Range Officer the mags look like they have been left in the rain.
Good to hear about Springfield! I haven't had an issue with any of their products but I only hear good things about their service.

I did call S&W recently about buying a factory barrel and they were not helpful on selling me the barrel or directing me to a source to buy the barrel. I wouldn't say there service was bad it just wasn't helpful.

Para Ordnance / Remington, Im a freaking gunsmith and a couple of the stores I contract with would rather pay me to fix things instead of dealing with them. A couple time I had to go through them and they are a bunch of butt holes.

Trijicon anything that is wrong is your fault, but they now have a form so you just fill it out no longer need to contact.

Good to hear about Springfield! I haven't had an issue with any of their products but I only hear good things about their service.

I did call S&W recently about buying a factory barrel and they were not helpful on selling me the barrel or directing me to a source to buy the barrel. I wouldn't say there service was bad it just wasn't helpful.
I would guess S&W is using the typical CYA lawyer statement.

Para Ordnance / Remington, Im a freaking gunsmith and a couple of the stores I contract with would rather pay me to fix things instead of dealing with them. A couple time I had to go through them and they are a bunch of butt holes.

Trijicon anything that is wrong is your fault, but they now have a form so you just fill it out no longer need to contact.
It's sad to see the current state of Remington, they were an American icon. Bad customer service turns me off as a buyer and I only deal with companys that care about their products & customer base.

You would think with the price of Trijicon products that they would be top notch on the customer service it's a shame they are not.

Last edited:
My only bucket list firearm is a Smith&Wesson model 686 plus in three inch.
I am very hesitant because there are quite a few that get released with canted barrels, tool marks and overall finish issues.
I know they have a lifetime warranty, but to me a warranty is one I hope to never use.
Their quality control is awful, true if you send it back they may or may not fix it using acceptable specs as an answer.
We as customers should never be their quality control department.

I am the same for manufacturers plus 2 Sig P365 XL. I have dealt with SA and SIG customer service with no service. SA was great. I have a LGS that has crappy customer relations.

That's good to hear about RIA!

What makes the scorpion awkward? Is it the pistol or carbine? I don't own or have ever shot a scorpion but I have an interest in possibly buying one in the future.

It is the EVO 3 S1 pistol. I think I succumbed to the 'cool' factor of the gun rather than to any practical application of the weapon. Trying to shoot this gun accurately is difficult regardless if you are using one hand or both. Using a brace didn't help much.

I got one of the earlier versions where you had to drill out the trigger assembly screw if you wanted to upgrade the trigger, which I did, and it improved things immensely. The only thing that this gun has going for it, IMO, is the ability to use high cap mags. And, as most reviewers will attest to, it is fun to shoot, but then, so is every other gun I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back