testtest

Allen West to Oust Lapierre?

And I NEVER said the NRA was a worthless organization and not doing anything to protect the 2A and our rights as civilized gun owners however I do have a huge freaking problem when those at the top of any organization take advantage of their position and abuse their authority. So that being said you can look back into any and all posts in any and all threads concerning this and I’ve NEVER advocated for the dismantling of the NRA however I do believe it’s time for new upper management.
I also wasn't directing my comment at you other than the response about the ranges. Hence why I said, " And all you guys who, etc. "

I know one thing, if the US citizenry would get as upset about government cronyism and misuse of funds as some gun owners are about this my tax bill would be a hell of a lot smaller. I don't hear too many calls for dismantling the government and those bastards have radically altered the service they say they provide in exchange for your money. At least with the NRA you are still receiving what you signed up for.

That said, I totally agree a no confidence vote needs to happen on WLP and I also believe there should be term limits on his office and it should be something membership votes on.

I’m curious, is this a privately owned range or company owned? Having a “requirement” for membership to an organization smacks of kick backs.
Just my thoughts.
It's a private, member-run shooting club/range with by-laws requiring on-going membership to the NRA as a necessary qualification for joining. Joining through the range provides a discount to the member and money back to the club.
I don't have an issue with all this, as I do care about the 2A.
Perhaps an avenue other than cancellation to instill change in the leadership is the way to go. The question is how, as has been asked at the onset of this thread.
I will say that dissatisfaction with LaPierre has served to bolster local, regional and state groups supporting gun rights. This is a good thing, regardless as to what happens with LaPierre.
I do believe that there are winds of change with West that bode well. (y)

I know one thing, if the US citizenry would get as upset about government cronyism and misuse of funds as some gun owners are about this my tax bill would be a hell of a lot smaller. I don't hear too many calls for dismantling the government and those bastards have radically altered the service they say they provide in exchange for your money. At least with the NRA you are still receiving what you signed up for.

That said, I totally agree a no confidence vote needs to happen on WLP and I also believe there should be term limits on his office and it should be something membership votes on.
Totally agree on so many levels.

It's a private, member-run shooting club/range with by-laws requiring on-going membership to the NRA as a necessary qualification for joining. Joining through the range provides a discount to the member and money back to the club.
I don't have an issue with all this, as I do care about the 2A.
Perhaps an avenue other than cancellation to instill change in the leadership is the way to go. The question is how, as has been asked at the onset of this thread.
I will say that dissatisfaction with LaPierre has served to bolster local, regional and state groups supporting gun rights. This is a good thing, regardless as to what happens with LaPierre.
I do believe that there are winds of change with West that bode well. (y)
And change is always a good thing.

No it doesn't. It's a way for ranges to keep from extending membership privileges to people who don't support gun rights. The NRA funds many, MANY gun ranges, not the other way around.

And all you guys who have taken media accounts of what one A hole at the top may or may not be doing and decided it's cool to trashcan the whole organization would do well to remember that even to this day, the only organization that has enough clout to influence politicians and actually get something done is the NRA. Hillary never said her number one enemy was the GOA. Go ahead and help the crooked NY district attorney dismantle the only organization that made it possible to have concealed carry in this country. When the anti-gun politicians finally have nothing to fear and you're burying your guns on the 200 wooded acres your second cousin owns you'll only have yourself to blame.
WOW!!.....this is kind of overkill don't you think, saying if antigun politicians do stuff its our fault for not supporting the NRA, why should we support a corrupt organization, and if you really think that the NRA or any pro gun organization is actually going to stop any anti gun politician, your living in a dream world, the government is going to do what they want and you can complain and stuff, but in the long run they will win, also In any of my posts I NEVER said the NRA was worthless, just at the top there is corruption, lots of it and its not just WLP. And I don't do any media stuff you said in your post, I make up my own mind and don't need any media crap to influence me. As I stated I was a member for over 35 years, and just recently gave it up till something is done, then if I feel like it, I will rejoin. And as for gun clubs and ranges requiring a NRA membership to belong to it, that's up to them and you, for me, I won't belong to any gun club that requires you to be an NRA member, but that's me, in all fairness I understand why some clubs do it and that's fine, but not for me. I saw this about Allen West and decided not to post it because I knew some die hard NRA people would go over the top on it, its a good article though. BTW, my club/range had lots of improvements sponsored by the NRA over the years, but my club doesn't require you to be a NRA member to join it.

WOW!!.....this is kind of overkill don't you think, saying if antigun politicians do stuff its our fault for not supporting the NRA, why should we support a corrupt organization, and if you really think that the NRA or any pro gun organization is actually going to stop any anti gun politician, your living in a dream world, the government is going to do what they want and you can complain and stuff, but in the long run they will win, also In any of my posts I NEVER said the NRA was worthless, just at the top there is corruption, lots of it and its not just WLP. And I don't do any media stuff you said in your post, I make up my own mind and don't need any media crap to influence me. As I stated I was a member for over 35 years, and just recently gave it up till something is done, then if I feel like it, I will rejoin. And as for gun clubs and ranges requiring a NRA membership to belong to it, that's up to them and you, for me, I won't belong to any gun club that requires you to be an NRA member, but that's me, in all fairness I understand why some clubs do it and that's fine, but not for me. I saw this about Allen West and decided not to post it because I knew some die hard NRA people would go over the top on it, its a good article though. BTW, my club/range had lots of improvements sponsored by the NRA over the years, but my club doesn't require you to be a NRA member to join it.

I wasn't talking to you specifically Anni. I was more or less addressing the massive amount of "Gun guys" who have no issues helping the New York DA destroy the NRA because they read somewhere about all the bad things WLP has allegedly done. I say allegedly because as of yet there has been zero evidence to even support that claim. Hearsay is all I have seen. It is telling the Uncle Ted stepped out and I would not be at all surprised if WLP has done all those things, but he still deserves the same rights we all do as far as innocent until proven guilty. I also think the widespread comments from high ranking NRA officials pointing the finger at WLP means something. It very likely is true. At least in part. Hence why I say the vote of confidence thing is absolutely warranted and if I was given such a choice, I would certainly vote WLP out, particularly if the replacement was Allen West who I believe is a fantastic choice to take over the reins of the NRA. What I don't agree with is aiding and abetting the decimation of the NRA, particularly when you, me and almost everyone else has seen absolutely zero evidence of anything. It's a free-ish country so people are within their rights to revoke their memberships and withhold their money from the NRA. I would never sit on a high horse and judge people for the choices they make. I can only say that I personally believe that massive defection from the NRA, regardless of whether or not you start throwing support to other organizations, is a very bad thing for the future of all of our 2A rights. I am absolutely correct when I say that the NRA is the only organization that scares anti-gun politicians. That fact is ridiculously evident and provable. How many politicians call the NRA out by name during their anti gun tirades ? Now how many call out ANY OTHER 2A organization ? My equating it to government and taxes and your response to that only proves my point. Because the fact is the citizens of this country HAVE stood up to the government and rejected ridiculous, tyrannical taxation. Do I think that would ever happen again ? Probably not because people in this country are complacent, lazy and irresponsible. Nevertheless the government does far, FAR worse things with YOUR money than WLP ever did.

I will tell you that if you think we would have anywhere near the freedom to exercise our god given 2A rights right now without the NRA, you are the one living in a dream world.

Here's an interview that Gun Talk's Tom Gresham has with Lt. Col. Allen West concerning his possibility of replacing WLP. Duration about 10:31 minutes:

Just thought I would point out that in the last 12 hours at least 14 Democrat politicians, including the president, along with several so called news agencies have blamed the NRA for the lack of gun control legislation by the democrat controlled government. The esteemed Elizabeth “ Pocahontas” Warren even going as far as saying the NRA has a stranglehold on congress.

Notably no one has mentioned GOA or any other gun rights organization.

I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise.

I hate to say it, but at this point I think the only way to convince the BOD that Wayne needs to go is with some sort of punitive ( i.e. financial) measure.

I think a concerted effort by the NRA membership to inform them that they will no longer be getting any of our money until WLP is gone is in order. I will stop short of de-activating my life membership, but I completely support all yearly members resigning theirs until WLP is gone and all life members withholding any further monetary contributions until WLP is gone. I also support and urge you to take the contributions you would have made to the NRA-ILA or any other NRA org. and giving it to GOA or any of the other gun rights organizations.

I will be sending them an email tonight. Though it probably won't phase them since I haven't given them any money in a pretty long time now.

Back