testtest

Gun Control May 17

Bob, Yes they will. Told me they would be the investigators and it would be reported as self defense. No charges.
I have worked around law enforcement for over 16 years, none that I know would put there reputation or risk going to jail just to do a favor like you have stated, you don’t need to or have to empty a full mag in a perp if your first couple rounds do the job, come to Ohio and try that

Many years ago I worked an arrempted murder case in a neighborhood store where two miscreants emptied their little pocket pistols at one another from about 3 feet. One of them got hit in the big toe with a .25 slug that ricocheted off the vinyl tile floor and no other hits. I always think of them when someone talks about mag dumps. There is no substitute for basic marksmanship.

I have worked around law enforcement for over 16 years, none that I know would put there reputation or risk going to jail just to do a favor like you have stated, you don’t need to or have to empty a full mag in a perp if your first couple rounds do the job, come to Ohio and try that
There may be times when you need to. Especially if you're a bad shot. The blanket statement " Empty your mag " goes against every single thing I have ever been taught since I was a 10 year old kid. Don't pull it unless you need to use it, don't shoot to wound, don't run yourself out of ammo if you can help it. Pumping rounds into something or someone who is no longer a threat is just a bad, bad idea.

There may be times when you need to. Especially if you're a bad shot. The blanket statement " Empty your mag " goes against every single thing I have ever been taught since I was a 10 year old kid. Don't pull it unless you need to use it, don't shoot to wound, don't run yourself out of ammo if you can help it. Pumping rounds into something or someone who is no longer a threat is just a bad, bad idea.
I can’t help but remember that video of the perp trying to kill those cops during a traffic stop, there’s even a thread on the forum, at the end of the video recorded on a dash camera where an officer puts the guy down then empties his mag into him. The sheriff said in a statement about that saying that…….
“Evil can not be dead enough”

I can’t help but remember that video of the perp trying to kill those cops during a traffic stop, there’s even a thread on the forum, at the end of the video recorded on a dash camera where an officer puts the guy down then empties his mag into him. The sheriff said in a statement about that saying that…….
“Evil can not be dead enough”
Yep !!

Way out of line, everyone on the forum understands the importance of protecting family that is why we carry and practice, that being said continuously firing rounds into an attacker after the person is on the ground is saying I’m judge, jury and executioner.
I wouldn't pull a gun unless it was a really bad threat. I seriously want my version of things to be the only version told. Just wounding someone that has tried to hurt me or mom doesn't make sense. To many times folks get into trouble when the perp tries to come back in a court of law. As far as my ability to use one like I said earlier I was on the navy rifle and pistol team. I started using a 12 ga. and 22 at an early age in Western North Carolina. City folks seem to think their words are the only one that counts. Rural life is quite a bit diffrent than city life. Help from the police can be 15 to 30 minutes away in an emergency. God bless those folks but they can' be close all the time. We got one police man that covers two towns, a couple of sheriff deputies to cover the whole county and one Highway patrolman to cover 3 counties. They encourage us to call when we can but time is not on our side. We have to be our own help a lot of the times. I would never pull a gun unless it was dam necessary. Our police feel a lot better knowing if they need help we are there to help them if they need it. Love those boys and would protect them if they need it as fast as I would threats against my family.

I must say that the recent posts have certainly generated many questions that I will soon be running by my instructors. Interestingly enough, how to execute a mag dump out to 7 yards was introduced last week, and will be continuing with this at my next session, but now with a different perspective(s).

The justification test for the use of deadly force is, was it reasonable, and was it necessary? Current LE training doctrine is to avoid lethal force until it becomes unavoidable, and when shooting, shoot until the threat is gone. There is no set number of rounds that are reasonable and necessary-in all use of force cases it depends upon what was reasonable and necessary under the circumstances. There are cases where it took a lot of rounds to bring an assailant down, but usually no more than 3 shots are fired. It just depends on a whole lot of factors. If the subject is on the ground but still presents a threat, more shots may be justified. In the case cited where the officer fired multiple rounds into the downed subject, the subject still had his rifle. What is reasonable in the heat of battle may be very different from what is reasonable in the seconds after the subject is down. There is a line that you do not want to cross that takes your actions from self-defense to Coup de Grâce execution of a wounded opponent. A case in point is the Oklahoma pharmacist who was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison for shooting an armed robber 5 more times after he was wounded and down. The irony of that case is had he killed the guy with his first shot he would have been a hero.

I love my wife and the only way you will walk away from a SEROUS threat to her is two carrying in a bag.
In your favor Nebraska does have a law that a perp can't come back on you in a court of law if you have used force to stop them from harming you or others in the submission of a crime.

The justification test for the use of deadly force is, was it reasonable, and was it necessary? Current LE training doctrine is to avoid lethal force until it becomes unavoidable, and when shooting, shoot until the threat is gone. There is no set number of rounds that are reasonable and necessary-in all use of force cases it depends upon what was reasonable and necessary under the circumstances. There are cases where it took a lot of rounds to bring an assailant down, but usually no more than 3 shots are fired. It just depends on a whole lot of factors. If the subject is on the ground but still presents a threat, more shots may be justified. In the case cited where the officer fired multiple rounds into the downed subject, the subject still had his rifle. What is reasonable in the heat of battle may be very different from what is reasonable in the seconds after the subject is down. There is a line that you do not want to cross that takes your actions from self-defense to Coup de Grâce execution of a wounded opponent. A case in point is the Oklahoma pharmacist who was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison for shooting an armed robber 5 more times after he was wounded and down. The irony of that case is had he killed the guy with his first shot he would have been a hero.
The perp waz deed he wuz alive to fight the charges.

Back