testtest

Gun Control May 17

Tonyw

Operator
tonyweather
@tonyweather
·
5m

Folks we are going to hear a bunch of gibberish on the news today about gun control. THINK !! If just one person had a conceal gun and used it instead of a video how many lives could have been saved. Bless the police, they do the best they can but 911 just never saved one life that day. They have to be reactionary and just can't be everywhere at once. Please, you gun control nuts just show me one, ONE LAW passed that actually took guns from criminals. They as a whole don't care a dam about the law. It only makes it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves and their family's.

Look up Alan Korwin, Arizona author of several gun books. Read his Page Nine, full of pro gun, anti-nonsense journalism.

I think we can all realize what the anti-gun folks are saying any day of the week. Most of the recent violence in the news is a result of the pro-criminal, anti-American establishment, which is but one example of all that is wrong with the current administration and its supporters.

Wish it were possible to be surprised by the way the tragic event in Buffalo were reported. It happens to fit the narrative of the Marxist left, so it will be reported to no end. The gang related mass shootings in Milwaukee, Chicago and Texas don't advance their agenda so they are censored by the commercial media.

It's positively sick and perverted how the leftists and their propagandist allies in the commercial media politicize tragedy. Incontinent Joe is going to Buffalo to make an effort to use the crime of a single individual to demonize a large portion of the citizens of this country. Count on the usual suspects in the regime and commercial media to parrot the talking points they have been given.

We will hear more demands for "common sense gun control". The Hollywood left has already begun to caterwaul. So too the Democrats with political ambition. Maybe they can get Mit Romney and Susan Collins on board, that would be a real coup, wouldn't it?

The ONE thing you can be sure of is that the Marxist left won't entertain any argument that is factually based regarding guns. Their goal is, and remains control. Armed citizens stand between them and their totalitarian dreams.

tonyweather
@tonyweather
·
5m

Folks we are going to hear a bunch of gibberish on the news today about gun control. THINK !! If just one person had a conceal gun and used it instead of a video how many lives could have been saved. Bless the police, they do the best they can but 911 just never saved one life that day. They have to be reactionary and just can't be everywhere at once. Please, you gun control nuts just show me one, ONE LAW passed that actually took guns from criminals. They as a whole don't care a dam about the law. It only makes it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves and their family's.
One of the biggest issues is not passing new laws as much as it is enforcing the laws that are currently on the books. Had a case here some years back where they closed down a gas station/hardware store/gun store in Nebraska when they found that they were selling without NIC checks among other things. They traced 2 of the guns to shootings in Chicago, with one relating in death, to a woman gang banger. They charged her with straw purchasing the weapons for 2 gang members. End result was she got sentenced to 5 years probation.

My belief is that as his story comes out the shooter had all kinds of mental issues, there likely were signs that no one recognized
Last story I read stated that the State Police were called on him last year concerning a school threat (although they did not say exactly what the threat was). They investigated and referred him for Psychiatric Evaluation. The article said there was no warning signs for the attack although it was also stated that he posted a White Supremist Manifesto. I don't know? Too many crazies these days...

Mayor Beetlejuice instituted a 10:00 p.m. curfew for all the little darlings under 17.
The aclu is now claiming profiling against black and brown children, I suppose the self made reverends and momma's will complain their babies can't attend bible school.
I grew up in a city just North of Boston and a period of the 90's there was a curfew for anyone under 18 needed to indoors by 10pm or else you could be taken into custody, fined and had to have an adult pick you up from the police station. There was a huge gang problem when I was growing up there with shootings and stabbings happening all the time especially in certain neighborhoods.

It became impossible to enforce in the end because of the large population just under 100,000 people living in a city that just 10sq miles.

tonyweather
@tonyweather
·
5m

There WAS somebody with a gun there; an ex-cop working as a security guard.

He was one of the casualties.

Not paying attention to simple facts like that makes one look…less than intelligent.

There WAS somebody with a gun there; an ex-cop working as a security guard.

He was one of the casualties.

Not paying attention to simple facts like that makes one look…less than intelligent.

I'm sure the ex policeman was a primary target for the perp especially wearing the security uniform.

The ex policeman did shoot the piece of trash but the hit contacted the piece of trashes body armor.

The other fact to look at is that it did take good people with firearms to stop the threat as in the police that responded to the scene.

If more civilians were trained or allowed to carry there's a much better chance to eliminate a threat.

The people should be able to be in charge of their own safety and protection.

In the end it's extremely saddening these innocent civilians including the hero ex policeman have lost their lives to a madman bent on destruction.

All politicians, media and advocacy groups need to stop capitalizing on tragedies to push nonsense policies that only looks like progress to the general population because the average citizen is easily swayed during emotional times.

I'd like more information on how the investigating authorities found, read, interpreted, analyzed and deciphered to the media the manifesto within 24 hours of the crime. If true, we should laud the bureaucracy for lightning speed not seen before...I know the Las Vegas shooter is deceased, but it's been 5 years and we've not learned one single thing.

I'm sure the ex policeman was a primary target for the perp especially wearing the security uniform.

The ex policeman did shoot the piece of trash but the hit contacted the piece of trashes body armor.

The other fact to look at is that it did take good people with firearms to stop the threat as in the police that responded to the scene.

If more civilians were trained or allowed to carry there's a much better chance to eliminate a threat.

The people should be able to be in charge of their own safety and protection.

In the end it's extremely saddening these innocent civilians including the hero ex policeman have lost their lives to a madman bent on destruction.

All politicians, media and advocacy groups need to stop capitalizing on tragedies to push nonsense policies that only looks like progress to the general population because the average citizen is easily swayed during emotional times.
He wasn’t a primary target, according to reports I’ve heard; he wasn’t shot until he came after the shooter.

So, there’s that.

He wasn’t a primary target, according to reports I’ve heard; he wasn’t shot until he came after the shooter.

So, there’s that.
I agree with your statement and I admit that I misused the words primary target. The ex policeman wasn't the primary target but he was a feared threat by the killer and a deterrent that may have slowed the killers rampage down while first responders were in route.

I'm no fool in believing that being a single civilian with a defensive firearm will guarantee that you will be able to stop any threat, but it does give you a better chance to do just that. If more than one person had a defensive firearm on hand and they were willing to put into the fight there's a chance the killer may not have been able to even enter the store.

A handgun against a rifle loses 9 out of 10 times in a 1 on 1 fight. I'd rather die standing trying to protect the innocent than to rely on first responders to arrive to save everyone even if the odds are stacked against me. The ex officer is a brave hero to go head first into the fight to protect the innocent against the odds of surviving. R.I.P. officer Aaron Salter

I agree with your statement and I admit that I misused the words primary target. The ex policeman wasn't the primary target but he was a feared threat by the killer and a deterrent that may have slowed the killers rampage down while first responders were in route.

I'm no fool in believing that being a single civilian with a defensive firearm will guarantee that you will be able to stop any threat, but it does give you a better chance to do just that. If more than one person had a defensive firearm on hand and they were willing to put into the fight there's a chance the killer may not have been able to even enter the store.

A handgun against a rifle loses 9 out of 10 times in a 1 on 1 fight. I'd rather die standing trying to protect the innocent than to rely on first responders to arrive to save everyone even if the odds are stacked against me. The ex officer is a brave hero to go head first into the fight to protect the innocent against the odds of surviving. R.I.P. officer Aaron Salter

Well Grampy Joe is convinced that making sure all those people/victims in the store remain unarmed is the way to go. :rolleyes:

A major problem
My belief is that as his story comes out the shooter had all kinds of mental issues, there likely were signs that no one recognized
A major problem my son's department has is finding beds in facilities for folks having mental issues. If there is no bed available a deputy has to sit when them in the local hospital until one opens up. The other week several deputies spent their 12-hour shift sitting with a TDO waiting for a bed in a mental facility. Each 24 hours takes 2 deputies off the road. When a bed is available a deputy has to transport the person to be admitted. Once my son had to drive a juvenile from Richmond, Va, to a psychiatric facility in Roanoke, Va, which was a 4-hour trip in each direction. I'm sure this is a problem all across the nation. The lack of mental health help takes its toll every day.

A major problem

A major problem my son's department has is finding beds in facilities for folks having mental issues. If there is no bed available a deputy has to sit when them in the local hospital until one opens up. The other week several deputies spent their 12-hour shift sitting with a TDO waiting for a bed in a mental facility. Each 24 hours takes 2 deputies off the road. When a bed is available a deputy has to transport the person to be admitted. Once my son had to drive a juvenile from Richmond, Va, to a psychiatric facility in Roanoke, Va, which was a 4-hour trip in each direction. I'm sure this is a problem all across the nation. The lack of mental health help takes its toll every day.
Years ago the feds decided to basically quit funding mental health. Not enough money in it I suppose.

We can wring our hands all we want regarding the mental state of the shooter or the failing mental health system. Sure, it would be fantastic if we were able to accurately predict who will become a dangerous threat, but is that even possible? I would argue no. Make that hell no.

The Marxist left will certainly suggest that we should all be willing to sacrifice our liberty and freedom to further their idealistic dream. We will hear the absurd logic "if it saves one life it's worth it" regarding guns, but, God forbid, they don't give a flying damn about the lives of infants. Maybe their panties would be in a wad if the abortionist butchers they idolize used a Glock to terminate a baby's life rather than a doctor's instrument.

But I digress. My point is that evil people exist. Evil people will do evil things, and we can't predict who, when or where, despite how much the Marxist left would try to convince you of that. The "solution" isn't to make it more difficult for the innocent to protect themselves. The solution is to make it easier for the innocent to have the tools and ability to protect themselves until help arrives. Kind of like the Founders envisioned when they wrote the Constitution.

We can wring our hands all we want regarding the mental state of the shooter or the failing mental health system. Sure, it would be fantastic if we were able to accurately predict who will become a dangerous threat, but is that even possible? I would argue no. Make that hell no.

The Marxist left will certainly suggest that we should all be willing to sacrifice our liberty and freedom to further their idealistic dream. We will hear the absurd logic "if it saves one life it's worth it" regarding guns, but, God forbid, they don't give a flying damn about the lives of infants. Maybe their panties would be in a wad if the abortionist butchers they idolize used a Glock to terminate a baby's life rather than a doctor's instrument.

But I digress. My point is that evil people exist. Evil people will do evil things, and we can't predict who, when or where, despite how much the Marxist left would try to convince you of that. The "solution" isn't to make it more difficult for the innocent to protect themselves. The solution is to make it easier for the innocent to have the tools and ability to protect themselves until help arrives. Kind of like the Founders envisioned when they wrote the Constitution.
Well you ain’t lying. It’s still a shame that people ( many veterans) wind up homeless and alcoholic because they don’t have access to the kind of mental health care they need. You’re right though, it’s impossible to predict future behavior and giving the government the power to try to do it, via red flag laws or stripping rights away from people that seek help for mental health issues would play out like that book by Ray Bradbury.

Back