testtest

Well this should make Annihilator's day!

In all seriousness, tho - why?

About the only market as over-saturated as the polymer striker pistol market is the AR market. There are sooo many decent to very good AR options already, so many parts available to build your own - what does Glock think they are going to bring to the table at this point?

I mean, if you're finally going to branch out from making the same thing for 30 years, wouldn't you at least try do something interesting and different? This is kind of like if Honda made nothing but 4-door sedans for decades, and then suddenly said, "Hey! We're making a mini-van now, too!!"

Of course, the diehard fanbois are going to trip all over themselves to own one. But for anyone who isn't a complete single-brand kool-aid drinker, I just don't get it.
Uhhh…Honda makes a fantastic minivan. If you like that sort of thing. This same reasoning is why the market is flooded with SUVs.

Pkus, think of the possible police deoartment bundling possibilities. Your department buys Glock pistols, bundle them with Glock patrol rifles at a discounted price. One manufacturer obe warranty company. It's actually a genius possibility.
I have no doubt that's part of their sales scheme.
Yet, start up breweries around the US open up for business in a saturated market.

If there is money to be had, someone will always enter the market. No matter what.
Yup. I mean, heck, to run with that analogy, lots of breweries insist on offering pumpkin beer. 😂

Uhhh…Honda makes a fantastic minivan. If you like that sort of thing. This same reasoning is why the market is flooded with SUVs.
Yes, I'm well aware. Our Honda has almost 300,000 on it. My point is that there is nothing original about offering a mini-van when so many companies (incl Honda) already do, and to do so this late in the game. But I also expect zero originality or innovation from Glock, so there is nothing surprising about that.

Yes, I'm well aware. Our Honda has almost 300,000 on it. My point is that there is nothing original about offering a mini-van when so many companies (incl Honda) already do, and to do so this late in the game. But I also expect zero originality or innovation from Glock, so there is nothing surprising about that.
Originality means risk. Why risk something when you can just get the drones to buy the same old crap, now enhanced with even more crap. Sorry, are we talking about guns or the film industry? I forget.

Originality means risk. Why risk something when you can just get the drones to buy the same old crap, now enhanced with even more crap. Sorry, are we talking about guns or the film industry? I forget.
I mean, honestly, if this move is out of concern over how much mil/agency contract share they've lost to Sig, then this is a great example of why. Sig has continued to be innovative, and not just with their modular pistol line, but also with their long guns, and they are making some excellent long guns these days (MCX, Virtus). That innovation is winning them contracts. This whole move by Glock just seems like an attempt to play catch up, but not by actually offering anything new or different?

And yeah, yeah, we can re-hash the stories about "P320s going off just by looking at them," but the truth is that Sig has done more to innovate in the last decade than Glock has done in 3 decades, and while risk is, well, risky, not risking is stagnation. I'm not a brand fanboy, but if Glock really wants to regain lost ground, then some smart risk is exactly what they need to do, and come up with something ground-breaking. I'm not sure they're capable of it though, as it doesn't seem like it's ever been a priority in their company culture.

Last edited:
Not saying it can't be done, just energy and drop is like a 300bo going 1k. I've gone 250 with 357sig(p226) and 10mm (5.3") with iron sites. Lots easier than rds.
Not nearly the same as .300BO at 1k…that’s more than just a little hyperbolic, don’t you think?

I’m talking rifles, here—not handguns (I’ve done my share of longer-range handgunning myself…). A red dot DOES enhance hits over irons (there’s arguments that MRDS increases hits at range with handguns, too—I’ll vouch that it definitely makes it easier—but that’s another thread).

And the drop isn’t nearly as extreme as you think; holding on the shoulders have solid body hits with both of those SBR’s.

For the record, I don't think I'm a "hater" at all. It's just that I don't think Glock is all that impressive or innovative. They fill a niche and make a reliable product, but that's about it, as I see it.
As does almost all AR manufacturers out there.
Budget, mid tier or super expensive, they all fill a niche.
While I’m not a Glock fan, they make reliable weapons.
More power to the Glock fans.

As stated in the video, Glock submitted this design to the British military for a trial run. Please note the 3-position selector switch. This is not a rifle, at least as configured in the video, that will ever end up on our civilian market. Perhaps a semi-auto version will be introduced at some point, but until then the best we'll have is a picture.

Back