testtest

So you thought you could register your braced pistol for free ?

Of course. How could I be so foolish. The ATF simply wants us all to be safe and would never dream of misleading us or using their data base to their own ends.
I don’t consider you part of the tin foil hat mob because you won’t play with these guys under any circumstances. However, I have read a lot of craziness over the weekend and I wish that I could give the gubmint the credibility to get up to some of the nefarious exploits that people give them credit for because it would mean that they are capable of amazing, positive things too. All I see is incompetence.

I don’t consider you part of the tin foil hat mob because you won’t play with these guys under any circumstances. However, I have read a lot of craziness over the weekend and I wish that I could give the gubmint the credibility to get up to some of the nefarious exploits that people give them credit for because it would mean that they are capable of amazing, positive things too. All I see is incompetence.
They are rife with incompetence that's for sure, but never underestimate their ability to use the complacence and ignorance of the general population to retain and solidify their power/money at the expense of your constitutional rights.

It is naive to believe our government is moral and interested in maintaining our constitutional rights. They infringe on them every time they are able to. They are not ALL stupid and incompetent. Although their self-bloating has sure created an atmosphere that breeds incompetence more than decisive, rational or moral governance. Here's a hoot, Google the simple phrase " FBI and CIA corruption". That will yield days of compelling and provable evidence of how little your government cares about you or your rights or your life.

At any rate, they have enough information about me without me voluntarily giving them more.

Hello, I have some questions if somebody wouldn’t mind. I see there are a number of people who were initially considering taking the tax credit until they found out they would be responsible for it to begin with. From what I am seeing and reading. AR Pistol (SBR now) owners are being told to wait. One thing that I don’t see much of is, why people would rather get the SBR license vs converting the pistol to a rifle by changing the barrel and adding a stock. I believe that is an option.
It took quite some time for the court to overrule the Bumpstock ruling. Does anyone think the brace ruling will stick. When is the official ruling? Is this ruling just a ploy to get people to register?

I really think it will be overturned and i don't trust the government on anything. like i said before if i had one i would not register it. i don't know all the details of it and i doubt the ATF even knows. if the lower is registered as a pistol is it legal to make a rifle?

There is so much confusion and BS over this, i won't even try to understand it and wouldn't register nothing. i'll sit back and watch it all unfold.

I really think it will be overturned and i don't trust the government on anything. like i said before if i had one i would not register it. i don't know all the details of it and i doubt the ATF even knows. if the lower is registered as a pistol is it legal to make a rifle?

There is so much confusion and BS over this, i won't even try to understand it and wouldn't register nothing. i'll sit back and watch it all unfold.
Hello and thank you for your response. I agree with you. For those who have one it would only incriminate them.

The Administration has an obligation to its base, that base feels 2A, among other liberties are expendable regardless because they say so, even as that the SCOTUS has permitted issues to be governed by the States.
The more the distractions the better for this Administration. It’s always been that way for them. I can think of an incident of a prominent figure obtaining a handgun and lying on a 4473. There are statutory limits to prosecute Fed gun charges.

~ The ATF is not here to create disorder, they’re here to preserve disorder. ~
(paraphrase from Chicago mayor Daley famous 1968 quote as it applies to the current state of dysfunction)

That’s a whole lot of tin foil hat assumptions.

You have under their rule 120 days. If you didn't file or hear back from the atf in 120 days, you cannot have the pistol config. Plain and simple. Outlined in their 300+ pages.
Alter until approved. After 120 days its $200

Rest of the information is pure speculation.

Not saying its ideal or best of circumstance, but its their rule.
Just like income taxes, gas taxes, cigarette taxes, property taxes and insurance on your home. Pay the man.
Dont like it. Dont play the game or vote them out.

I dont like it either, but I pay my taxes and I want the cool toys. Atf says $200. i pay $200.

The NFA ship sailed long ago.

Is what it is

Here’s a list of federally excised tax items:
Pick which one your more upset over than the $200 to the ATF that you pay daily and dont complain about …..

We've been here before. None of your examples are relevant because none of them are constitutionally protected rights.

Pay up if you want brother. I understand why you feel that way. I probably would to if I had already made the mistake of registering a bunch of crap with the ATF.

You can make a pistol into a rifle. You can NOT make a rifle into a pistol.

We've been here before. None of your examples are relevant because none of them are constitutionally protected rights.

Pay up if you want brother. I understand why you feel that way. I probably would to if I had already made the mistake of registering a bunch of crap with the ATF.
Constitution says the Federal Govt can collect taxes. Last time I checked, the ATF was the Federal Govt. Their NFA tax may not be governed under the laws set by Congress on tax, but nonetheless, the NFA stamp of $200 is a federal tax. Thus its a uniform tax.

Play the NFA game, pay the tax.

So yes, my examples are relevant to federal uniform excise tax.

————————

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Constitution says the Federal Govt can collect taxes. Last time I checked, the ATF was the Federal Govt. Their NFA tax may not be governed under the laws set by Congress on tax, but nonetheless, the NFA stamp of $200 is a federal tax. Thus its a uniform tax.

Play the NFA game, pay the tax.

So yes, my examples are relevant to federal uniform excise tax.

————————

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
Name one single other constitutional right that the federal government puts an excise tax on ? You can't. Know why? Because it's unconstitutional and THAT has been upheld by SCOTUS.

Name one single other constitutional right that the federal government puts an excise tax on ? You can't. No why? Because it's unconstitutional and THAT has been upheld by SCOTUS.
We can go round and round.

ATF has the ability to collect the tax. Period.
Its the feds game.
Play it or dont, but its on the books and required for NFA.
So, either its challenged in court and struck down or it remains in play.
Either way, feds set the rules.

End of discussion.
Debate all you want, but at this stage, $200 is required or go with the free 120 grace period.

Courts will have to handle it. Its that simple.

We can go round and round.

ATF has the ability to collect the tax. Period.
Its the feds game.
Play it or dont, but its on the books and required for NFA.
So, either its challenged in court and struck down or it remains in play.
Either way, feds set the rules.

End of discussion.
Debate all you want, but at this stage, $200 is required or go with the free 120 grace period.

Courts will have to handle it. Its that simple.
They have the ability clearly because they are doing it. It is unconstitutional, but yes, they are doing it. Sort of like the Obamacare mandate. Nevertheless, just because you choose to play the NFA game and pay your fee and register your stuff with the feds that doesn't mean that my refusal to do so on constitutional grounds isn't legitimate. It also doesn't mean that anyone who distrusts the ATF, specifically with regards to this "Grace period", is a conspiracy theorist.

You trust the ATF if you want brother, but if you think they are giving you a free pass to turn all your pistols into SBRs I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed.

Bottom line is you can go the NFA route and install a stock. Assuming that your SBR is transferable, whoever buys your rifle will have to pony up $200 on top of the amount you want for your SBR rifle. There's no guarantee the prices on these SBRs will go up. So, to me it's a gamble as to whether your investment will pay off. Also, you have to be aware of the limitations that go with NFA items. You'll always have to carry a copy of your paperwork anytime you leave your house with it and unless you do a trust your SBR can only travel with you. You'll have file a request with ATF and get its permission every time you want to carry it out of state. To me, it would be easier to change out the barrel with one of a legal length, add on a collapsible stock, and remain anonymous. Besides, the $200 price of the tax stamp will about cover the cost of a new barrel and stock.

Bottom line is you can go the NFA route and install a stock. Assuming that your SBR is transferable, whoever buys your rifle will have to pony up $200 on top of the amount you want for your SBR rifle. There's no guarantee the prices on these SBRs will go up. So, to me it's a gamble as to whether your investment will pay off. Also, you have to be aware of the limitations that go with NFA items. You'll always have to carry a copy of your paperwork anytime you leave your house with it and unless you do a trust your SBR can only travel with you. You'll have file a request with ATF and get its permission every time you want to carry it out of state. To me, it would be easier to change out the barrel with one of a legal length, add on a collapsible stock, and remain anonymous. Besides, the $200 price of the tax stamp will about cover the cost of a new barrel and stock.
I’m leaning in this direction. Simply because I won’t have to deal with registering ( for now I guess).

Back