testtest

Show off your 1911

Colt Gold Cup Trophy 45 ACP Yes has the idiot scratch.
Sig 1911 POW/MIA 45 ACP Grips are toast, got a new pair if needed. I shoot all my guns...No safe queens in my house.
Rock Island Armory 1911 10mm Awesome gun for the money.

Attachments

• Colt Gold Cup 1.jpg
    Colt Gold Cup 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • Sig Sauer 1911 POW-MIA 1.jpg
    Sig Sauer 1911 POW-MIA 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
  • RIA M1911 A1 FS TACT 1.jpg
    RIA M1911 A1 FS TACT 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
New to the Forum, new to Springfield and new to 1911. Ronin 4.25" 45 that followed me home last week. Took it to the range this weekend and love it. I have many polymer 9s and a couple of 357 revolvers, S&W 686 plus and Ruger SP 101, both snub nose and the Ronin fits right in with them great. I have a feeling it won't be my last 1911.
IMG_0518.jpeg

New to the Forum, new to Springfield and new to 1911. Ronin 4.25" 45 that followed me home last week. Took it to the range this weekend and love it. I have many polymer 9s and a couple of 357 revolvers, S&W 686 plus and Ruger SP 101, both snub nose and the Ronin fits right in with them great. I have a feeling it won't be my last 1911.View attachment 37653
Welcome, yea, 1911’s are addictive, but in a good way

Started as a bone stock Springfield Garrsion in 9mm (series 70) last week.
Seeing as I can’t leave anything stock I added a stainless recoil spring plug, extended stainless slide stop (minor fitting), extended stainless mag release, Stan Chen mainspring housing with magwell, Vytal Manufacturing beskar grips and I polished the machine marks out of the barrel.
Had a few double feeds and FTE’s last week at the range on its maiden voyage but I chalked that up to not being properly lubed, a few out of spec rounds and a weak #9 recoil spring, bad factory mag (only came with 1 that gets hung up bad while inserting) and a 1911 doing 1911 things.
Waiting on #12 and #13 recoil springs, stainless recoil spring plunger and mag bases.
Now I have to find a stainless thumb safety and stainless beaver tail where I can fit the parts to the frame not the frame to the parts. Not as easy to find as you’d think but I’m pretty sure the cut on Wilson Combat beaver tails will fit the radius on the back of the frame. Also need to wait until Brownells has their 9mm 1911 mags back in stock or find Mec-Gar mags somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_4150.jpeg
    IMG_4150.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
Started as a bone stock Springfield Garrsion in 9mm (series 70) last week.
Seeing as I can’t leave anything stock I added a stainless recoil spring plug, extended stainless slide stop (minor fitting), extended stainless mag release, Stan Chen mainspring housing with magwell, Vytal Manufacturing beskar grips and I polished the machine marks out of the barrel.
Had a few double feeds and FTE’s last week at the range on its maiden voyage but I chalked that up to not being properly lubed, a few out of spec rounds and a weak #9 recoil spring, bad factory mag (only came with 1 that gets hung up bad while inserting) and a 1911 doing 1911 things.
Waiting on #12 and #13 recoil springs, stainless recoil spring plunger and mag bases.
Now I have to find a stainless thumb safety and stainless beaver tail where I can fit the parts to the frame not the frame to the parts. Not as easy to find as you’d think but I’m pretty sure the cut on Wilson Combat beaver tails will fit the radius on the back of the frame. Also need to wait until Brownells has their 9mm 1911 mags back in stock or find Mec-Gar mags somewhere.
Believe me I get it. On my TRP I didn't really care for the full length guide rod. Went GI with flat wire recoil spring Wilson parts. 10-8 plug. I have a problem taking something inherently perfect and trying to improve. Nice mods...

yes yes they are, i have several myself, in different brands but wouldnt give them up for anything else. other than some collectable colts seems SA is my favorite as i have more of them.
guess i should collect them together and post pics of them.
you will notice my profile pic is 2 SA but they are unusual as they are both double stackers similar to para ordnance, they actually use para mags.

Last edited:
ok, here we go. my 1911 collection.
first pic has all my SA on the left side with a couple of my collector guns also. the matte stainless looking colt actually has a marine coating (robar np3 finish)that you cant get anymore as the company is no longer in business.
the top 2 ultra compacts are both V-10's, the stainless 1 below them is a loaded model (no making fun of the fancy gold plated grips, they were free of off gunbroker as the guy i ordered a fobus holster for my ruger SP101 sent me someone else's order then said to keep them), the 2 to the lower left are my SA double stackers, below thm are my 2 original micro 1911's, para ordnance P-10's. top right is a Auto Ordnance "fly girls" collectable and below it is an old AMT hardballer, below that is my colt 1991 with the robar np3 marine grade finish.
picture 2 is my colt double eagles, 3 .45's and the top left is a 10mm. the one apart is going to be my polishing project, stainless 1991.

apart from my 1911's i also have a few other guns.
RugerSP101
2 browning hi-powers, 1 with nazi stamps
2 ruger mark 3's
2 SA XDM's in .40 and 10mm
an old 1965 colt oregon trail commemorative
and my newest acquisition, an AR-15 with a 7.5 in barrel in 7.62X39
at my age i have had a long time to collect them.

Attachments

• 20230427_183539.jpg
    20230427_183539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • 20230427_184244.jpg
    20230427_184244.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 87
go with the pearce rubber wrap around finger grips that fit under standard grips, they work really well. i have several with them. here are a compact and a full size.
Nice finger grips.

Unfortunately, the templates they use for finger grips is a males hands.
My female hands and fingers do not line up so I've always had to get without finger grips.

Back