testtest

Considering the Hellcat Pro with Manual Safety

As a civilian trainer I have folks that refuse to buy anything without a manual safety period and you’re not going to convince them. So models like the Hellcat with that option is a perfect recommendation. Consistent trigger pull easy to shoot no hammer to worry about.

Wether a manual safety or round count on tap to revolver vs semi Folks worry WAY too much about what someone else is doing. While we can all cite or have witnessed someone with a safety choke in a match we have also seen someone with a no safety Glock choke or flub up as well in a match or simple range trip. We have also seen folks with and without manual safety’s clean a stage and or match in related divisions. To say otherwise is like saying all LEOs are horrible shots when that’s not always the case.

People need to worry about themselves and not what someone else is doing or wether they have or do not have a manual safety.

I can understand a manual safety for a range gun but not for a carry gun. Someone with none in the chamber and the safety on becomes a diversion instead of a defender.

I can understand a manual safety for a range gun but not for a carry gun. Someone with none in the chamber and the safety on becomes a diversion instead of a defender.
No round in the chamber is a completely different thing. I like a manual safety. Just like when I was in the Marines, the safety going off on the way up is automatic. Completely. It’s what you train to, and if you make it automatic, then it is better. I’ve done that. Others can too and I think it is better, particularly for a striker fired pistol going IWB.

I agree with both BobT and Gamecok's statements regarding safety. If you have a safety and do not like using it, you have the option of leaving it off. Yes, I bought my Hellcat due to the price. Not to whine but disability is not much to live on. Love my Hellcat Pro. Hellcat Pro.jpg

As a civilian trainer I have folks that refuse to buy anything without a manual safety period and you’re not going to convince them. So models like the Hellcat with that option is a perfect recommendation. Consistent trigger pull easy to shoot no hammer to worry about.

Wether a manual safety or round count on tap to revolver vs semi Folks worry WAY too much about what someone else is doing. While we can all cite or have witnessed someone with a safety choke in a match we have also seen someone with a no safety Glock choke or flub up as well in a match or simple range trip. We have also seen folks with and without manual safety’s clean a stage and or match in related divisions. To say otherwise is like saying all LEOs are horrible shots when that’s not always the case.

People need to worry about themselves and not what someone else is doing or wether they have or do not have a manual safety.
I carried a 1911 for years. I preferred the lever safety over the grip safety. I think Taurus sold a lot of handguns because a lot of their models had lever safeties and those handguns were inexpensive compared to other manufacturers. I almost purchased a Taurus G3C a couple of times.

Nowadays I'm fine with carrying a handgun without a safety lever. I think my Glock 19 Gen 5 would have a much different feel if it had a lever safety because I'm so used to just feeling a slide lock near the barrel and nothing else.

No round in the chamber is a completely different thing. I like a manual safety. Just like when I was in the Marines, the safety going off on the way up is automatic. Completely. It’s what you train to, and if you make it automatic, then it is better. I’ve done that. Others can too and I think it is better, particularly for a striker fired pistol going IWB.
Semper Fi(I was in the USMC '76-'79). I carried 1911s from the 80's until my motorcycle accident back in 2015. For me disengaging the lever safety on a 1911 with my left trigger finger(I'm a lefty) is pretty automatic because that's how I trained. I don't think a safety lever ever slowed me down because I trained a lot with the 1911s I owned and carried. Smooth is fast and fast is smooth. Disengaging a safety lever can be smooth if you put in the repetitions.

Do not get the Hellcat pro with the manual safety. They have one without it. The last thing that gun needs is a "safety".

Its not safe if you are in a panic to defend yourself and you forget to switch it off!!!! If you can't keep your trigger finger off of the trigger, maybe you should consider getting a sling shot.

Do not get the Hellcat pro with the manual safety. They have one without it. The last thing that gun needs is a "safety".

Its not safe if you are in a panic to defend yourself and you forget to switch it off!!!! If you can't keep your trigger finger off of the trigger, maybe you should consider getting a sling shot.
Will disagree on this, if you ever trained or carried a 1911, it becomes second nature to sweep down the safety, manual safeties are perfectly safe, no matter the gun itself as long as you have trained with it

Reactions: JLB
Back