testtest

Has Heckler & Koch gone woke?

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Miller lite came out with this strategy after seeing bud light tank and now a high end gun company. why would these large companies do this especially seeing bud light fail big time. pure woke ignorance.

Don't forget that Glock sold their product to American law enforcement largely with large breasted and scantily clad women. And a strip joint just down the street from their Georgia HQ. I saw it firsthand at LE conferences and events. Never heard any complaints back then. 'Merica!

Ok, I understand, everything having to do with race, sex, and gender orientation is rapidly being thrown under the "woke" umbrella and automatically being criticized or praised by increasingly polarized groups. Everything is either being criticized for being woke and this group is against it, or criticized for not being woke and that group is against it. Its becoming where people are not choosing on the actual thing being catagorized but its label. But really, is taking the overt display of sex out of gun advertising a terrible thing?

women and firearm use is becoming more and more at the forefront of 2nd amendment discussions and a more important buying group than ever. Now I can honestly say that my wife does not enjoy watching displays of huge breasted women in advertising, just not her thing and I don't blame her. I dont think I would like seeing guys with huge bulges in tiny bikinis all over.

HK is actually being smart by paying attention to women's feelings, it won't sway my choices one way or the other by not seeing boobs all over...

Now if you want to call that woke, I don't really care, I call it good old common sense.

Last edited:
R
Dumb on their part to insert themselves into this.
Virtue signaling.
Just make your pew and advertise as you wish. Mud slinging with customers is just dumb.
Right on. I want my athletes to play the game, actors to act, singers to sing, brewers make good beer, and gunmakers to make the guns I like, and STFU on the extraneous crap. We have the media and politicians for extraneous crap.

Smart move to grow their customer base to include more women who have recently shown an large uptick in gun sales. They removed something from their campaign that might dissuade potential customers from buying their product. This is much different than the Bud Light campaign where they added something that may alienate their current customer base... that and calling their customer base "frat boys".
H&K sales are not going to tank because of this like Bud Light's did. I am not familiar with any H&K marketing campaigns that objectified women mainly since I haven't been in the gun world all that long and I don't know if they were still doing those ads. However, if they simply did away with the ads I'd be willing to bet that no one would really even notice.

Dumb on their part to insert themselves into this.
Virtue signaling.
Just make your pew and advertise as you wish. Mud slinging with customers is just dumb.
Well, to be fair they were in fact responding to some quasi celebrity Podcaster after he in fact inserted himself into the choices of Miller Lites advertising. They were agreeing with miller's stance which is if they agree with it, why not stand on thier principles if they feel strongly about it. I do not believe they announced anything to a big marketing fanfare.

Back