testtest

Is liberty safe with Liberty Safe?

I have seen a safe that was opened by force pursuant to a warrant. There was nothing left but scrap metal. If LE have a warrant they are going to get in one way or another. Most agencies have policies nowadays to avoid destroying property to the extent possible. I understand why they would want the passcode.

Intelligence agencies, ours and theirs, have agents who have been through locksmith training. There is no lock that cannot be defeated to my knowledge. Safes are rated to exposure times, to fire and to how long it takes a pro to crack it.

I recall some genius developed a lock that used no key cylinder and no key opening but had a magnetic key that opened the lock. They claimed it could not be picked. The Air Force bought some of them for securing highly classified containers. Our agents demonstrated you could whack the lock with a mallet and it would pop open. All locks can be defeated.

People lose combinations. The safe companies know this and have workarounds for getting in without destroying things.

Just read online that Liberty changed their policy after this debacle. They now give every safe owner the chance to have Liberty delete records of all access codes to their safes so that Liberty will not possess a master-access code, if the customer requests this. Also, Liberty says they now require a subpoena from the government before they will reveal an access code, If they possess an access code (not deleted by customer request). Too little, too late? We will see. Kind of reminds one of Bud Light? Know your customer base...
I linked the article 3 posts ago.

1694198373730.jpeg

I read now Liberty will get rid of your admin code if you fill out a form, also if your registering a new one you can also opt out, do they really think people are that naive to think that Liberty is actually going to do it, not me.

Here’s the deal;
The subject of the warrants was likely given an option either open it or we take it and damage ensues. He was likely informed that a search was going to be conducted after his arrest.
It’s the ‘just in case’ or put the heat on anyone that got in the way of the getting code beforehand just to open it without further delays and destruction, basically just to avoid carrying the vault back to the field office, and maybe inventory of everything inside that may not be evidentiary.

As for Liberty, maybe a boneheaded mistake to just hand over the unlock code and if they ever consulted their attorney. Civil matter for them now, but maybe avoided other bureau scrutiny.
That’s how the new DOJ rolls.

moral of story
dont do stuff that gets you in hot water enough to warrant ....a warrant to search you chiiit
or keep your stuff you dont want leo s to find in a safe on your property, thats why neighbors have mobile homes on concrete pads so you can hide lock boxes under their house disguised as sewer lift station :ROFLMAO:

A forum member on another firearm site did a bit of research on the owners of Liberty.

"Liberty Safe was sold to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2021, a liberal East Coast investment firm. I pulled the FEC reports on the company and found approximately $400,000 over the last 10 cycles of max donations to Democrats like: Raphael Warnock in GA John Fetterman in PA Mandela Barnes in WI Mark Kelly in AZ Liberty Safe’s current CEO, Justin Hillenbrand, was a founding partner of Monomoy and donated $4,600 to Obama for America."

As I see it, Monomoy is using the profits from firearm owners who by a Liberty safe to elect individuals
that have questionable second amendment intentions.

moral of story
dont do stuff that gets you in hot water enough to warrant ....a warrant to search you chiiit
or keep your stuff you dont want leo s to find in a safe on your property, thats why neighbors have mobile homes on concrete pads so you can hide lock boxes under their house disguised as sewer lift station :ROFLMAO:
Really ? That's the moral of the story ?

Patriot Act is fine, illegal wiretapping and tracking your phone too right. Don't do anything wrong you got nothing to worry about eh ?

Really ? That's the moral of the story ?

Patriot Act is fine, illegal wiretapping and tracking your phone too right. Don't do anything wrong you got nothing to worry about eh ?
i was trying to be funny
who knows why they needed a look
i have never said patriot act is good or evil
i have been in clink a week for not doing anything, because cops cant read. not guilty people get caught up in crap all the time

i will add
we ...as in US here really have no idea why the guy got in the hot seat and the leo needed a warrant to gain access and look inside the safe. to many details are missing.

Last edited:
Mod note:

Guys & gals, just a friendly reminder to please keep all forum topics free of non 2A related political posts as these are not allowed on the forum.

i was trying to be funny
who knows why they needed a look
i have never said patriot act is good or evil
i have been in clink for weeks for not doing anything, because cops cant read. not guilty people get caught up in crap all the time
My apologies. I am glad you were joking. For the record, the comment about The Patriot Act wasn't referencing anything you said. It was an analogy. The Patriot Act is a well known and universally accepted, steaming pile of unconstitutional :poop:.

They needed a look because orange man bad. Insurrection, insurrection. Stupidest damn insurrection I ever saw. Not a single firearm. Election deniers, election deniers. Never mind the cruise ship full of democrats who denied the election Hillary lost to the bad orange man. "Widely debunked false claims of voter fraud in key states". That was a headline I read today on NBC. Never mind that the only people who debunked it are people who have an unhealthy hatred of Trump. Since there never was any investigation and all the court cases were thrown out on standing.

Sorry for the irrelevant rant. Like I said, my apologies.

Back