testtest

How to clean a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely wouldn’t hurt on the bolt carrier. I like it and have not had any issues with it.

I have a little jar of Weapon Shield grease that came with the syringe type tube of Weapon Shield oil I bought. I think I'll try that next time I break them down.

By the way I really like that Weapon Shield oil. If for no other reason than the syringe applicator. As you know for strikers you don't need much oil, but man, I bought this little tube a year ago and it looks like there's barely any out of it.

I have a little jar of Weapon Shield grease that came with the syringe type tube of Weapon Shield oil I bought. I think I'll try that next time I break them down.

By the way I really like that Weapon Shield oil. If for no other reason than the syringe applicator. As you know for strikers you don't need much oil, but man, I bought this little tube a year ago and it looks like there's barely any out of it.
That brings up a good point, I use a syringe to apply the grease. It helps, especially on the slide.

Sure, why not? It gets the water out of the firing pin and ejector holes.

Well, besides the fact that WD40 leaves a nasty film ( see the article linked by Bang Bang above), you definitely don't want solvent or oil on the striker assembly or in the striker channel. That's why every single striker fired pistol tells you not to in the manual.

I use both, oil and grease, I don’t dunk my slides in WD-40. There is so much out there now with oils a good CLP will work fine. I’m partial to FP-10 and MPro7 for cleaning and lubrications.
CLP will work too. I like the WD40 because it basically drys out so I can lube it with what I want. The WD is just to displace any moisture after a bath in soapy water. If you like CLP for a lube then your done after you spray it down.

Well, besides the fact that WD40 leaves a nasty film ( see the article linked by Bang Bang above), you definitely don't want solvent or oil on the striker assembly or in the striker channel. That's why every single striker fired pistol tells you not to in the manual.
Yes. if you leave heavy wd on something it turns into a thick varnish of sorts when it dries. After wiping down all coated parts, that thin film isn't even noticeable, but it isn't there to lube the gun anyway,just get rid of any hidden water. ..... I don't ever remember reading that in my XDS manual. I've always applied a lite coat of gun oil to the firing pin and spring before assembly.

Yes. if you leave heavy wd on something it turns into a thick varnish of sorts when it dries. After wiping down all coated parts, that thin film isn't even noticeable, but it isn't there to lube the gun anyway,just get rid of any hidden water. ..... I don't ever remember reading that in my XDS manual. I've always applied a lite coat of gun oil to the firing pin and spring before assembly.

It's definitely in there. Oil/solvent attracts dirt. It's the number one cause of light primer strikes. I guess if you pull it all out and clean it every time you shoot and regularly in between you'd be ok, but I just follow the manual. Dry lube if anything, but I ain't putting oil or solvent in there.

Brownelles has real nice needle oilers you can fill with what ever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back