testtest

No gun but am I ever ready

But that would be back up gun
1712354722371.png

so, no Big Ugly Guy...?????

Last edited:
Okay. I was able to track down a spare slide on eBay for the XD-E. I shipped it off today to "Gun Cuts LLC" in Thornton, CO. It is getting milled for a Shield/RMS-c footprint and cerakoted in black. I will be putting a Holosun 507K for a red dot. The sights are compatible with all XDs, I think. So depending on how low the sight sits will determine if I need tall sights.

On a side note I also sent off a S&W CSX slide to Vulcan Machine Werks; Gun Cuts won't do work on Smith's due to something about metallurgy(?). It is getting the same RMS-c service. The CSX has proven to be a problem child so it will not get the fancy dot. Probably a Riton or a Sig Zero.

Okay. I was able to track down a spare slide on eBay for the XD-E. I shipped it off today to "Gun Cuts LLC" in Thornton, CO. It is getting milled for a Shield/RMS-c footprint and cerakoted in black. I will be putting a Holosun 507K for a red dot. The sights are compatible with all XDs, I think. So depending on how low the sight sits will determine if I need tall sights.

On a side note I also sent off a S&W CSX slide to Vulcan Machine Werks; Gun Cuts won't do work on Smith's due to something about metallurgy(?). It is getting the same RMS-c service. The CSX has proven to be a problem child so it will not get the fancy dot. Probably a Riton or an Sig Zero.
Is the 507k compatible with RMSc. I thought it was RMS which is slightly different, or is that the 407K. The Holosun K footprint does not marry up with the RMSc cut regardless of some sources that say it does.

Gracias, good read. If I need a plate, I'm okay with that. In the milling process, which I am not a fabricator or have operated any milling machinery, I believe that they will be leaving indexing bosses. This may require the use of a plate/adapter raising the height of the sight. Not preferred but manageable. I see that the Holosun has no rear bosses and a common theme is to remove these on pistols that have them. I will probably go with a plate. I used it on my 43x MOS and it wasn't enough to matter. To me.

Gracias, good read. If I need a plate, I'm okay with that. In the milling process, which I am not a fabricator or have operated any milling machinery, I believe that they will be leaving indexing bosses. This may require the use of a plate/adapter raising the height of the sight. Not preferred but manageable. I see that the Holosun has no rear bosses and a common theme is to remove these on pistols that have them. I will probably go with a plate. I used it on my 43x MOS and it wasn't enough to matter. To me.
I came across this recently with my Gen 2 Archon Type B and the Daniel Defense H9, both is which claim to use the RMSc footprint. The H9 does with the rear bosses and the Archon uses the K footprint. Fortunately the Archon is direct mount and allowed me to cowitness with the standard iron sights using a Holosun EPS. The H9 wouldn’t take any of the Holosun Ks, but it uses a plate and a 3rd party company just brought out a RMS/K plate for the H9. It was all pretty confusing.

Just got the tracking number. My XD-E slide is on its way back from getting milled for a dot. I already have a Holosun 507K-x2 ready to be mounted. I didn't go flashy on the cerakote, graphite black ;).

Now I need to track down some suppressor height sights to complete this tactical nightmare that I will love and adore. Until CZ releases their P-05 and P-03 pistols.
FC.jpg

Fingers crossed...

i thought it meant..Big Ugly Guy...carry permit frankly
Slide is here. Looks great, the cerakote turned out to have been worth the expense. Gun Cuts did reinstall the sights. After setting the 507k on it I couldnt see the irons.

I ordered a set of XS sights for my XD. Tritium front with black rear. Supposedly a lower 1/3rd view. We'll see. Going to put my set of TFO TRU-GLO's on my original slide.
Hey!, watch that. Am 6-7, 240, and maybe not the best looking.! Saying I am like either an insect or a small firearm is insulting! Now if you want to compare me to a Colt Python (old model) or the like, OK…

Back