testtest

No gun but am I ever ready

But that would be back up gun
1712354722371.png

so, no Big Ugly Guy...?????

Last edited:
Okay. I was able to track down a spare slide on eBay for the XD-E. I shipped it off today to "Gun Cuts LLC" in Thornton, CO. It is getting milled for a Shield/RMS-c footprint and cerakoted in black. I will be putting a Holosun 507K for a red dot. The sights are compatible with all XDs, I think. So depending on how low the sight sits will determine if I need tall sights.

On a side note I also sent off a S&W CSX slide to Vulcan Machine Werks; Gun Cuts won't do work on Smith's due to something about metallurgy(?). It is getting the same RMS-c service. The CSX has proven to be a problem child so it will not get the fancy dot. Probably a Riton or a Sig Zero.

Okay. I was able to track down a spare slide on eBay for the XD-E. I shipped it off today to "Gun Cuts LLC" in Thornton, CO. It is getting milled for a Shield/RMS-c footprint and cerakoted in black. I will be putting a Holosun 507K for a red dot. The sights are compatible with all XDs, I think. So depending on how low the sight sits will determine if I need tall sights.

On a side note I also sent off a S&W CSX slide to Vulcan Machine Werks; Gun Cuts won't do work on Smith's due to something about metallurgy(?). It is getting the same RMS-c service. The CSX has proven to be a problem child so it will not get the fancy dot. Probably a Riton or an Sig Zero.
Is the 507k compatible with RMSc. I thought it was RMS which is slightly different, or is that the 407K. The Holosun K footprint does not marry up with the RMSc cut regardless of some sources that say it does.

Gracias, good read. If I need a plate, I'm okay with that. In the milling process, which I am not a fabricator or have operated any milling machinery, I believe that they will be leaving indexing bosses. This may require the use of a plate/adapter raising the height of the sight. Not preferred but manageable. I see that the Holosun has no rear bosses and a common theme is to remove these on pistols that have them. I will probably go with a plate. I used it on my 43x MOS and it wasn't enough to matter. To me.

Gracias, good read. If I need a plate, I'm okay with that. In the milling process, which I am not a fabricator or have operated any milling machinery, I believe that they will be leaving indexing bosses. This may require the use of a plate/adapter raising the height of the sight. Not preferred but manageable. I see that the Holosun has no rear bosses and a common theme is to remove these on pistols that have them. I will probably go with a plate. I used it on my 43x MOS and it wasn't enough to matter. To me.
I came across this recently with my Gen 2 Archon Type B and the Daniel Defense H9, both is which claim to use the RMSc footprint. The H9 does with the rear bosses and the Archon uses the K footprint. Fortunately the Archon is direct mount and allowed me to cowitness with the standard iron sights using a Holosun EPS. The H9 wouldn’t take any of the Holosun Ks, but it uses a plate and a 3rd party company just brought out a RMS/K plate for the H9. It was all pretty confusing.

Back