testtest

9mm — Is it great or does it suck?

I wasn't disagreeing with you either! The mighty 10 is to powerful in the hands of most. Keeping with the. 355 diameter, 9mm vs 357sig ( I having both). Sig gives you better range, but how many shoot outside would be over 25 yards? It doesn't apply to me on cartridges when my favorite is the one loaded! 1911s need not apply!
Ok, in the other post you were talking about 357sig. Yes that is a fantastic round. It is fast and accurate. I was “told” by my buddy that they are swapping over, and from the Sig platform mind you, to Glock due to maintenance cost. It will be cheaper to maintain over time and cost of ammo, in comparison 357sig to 9mm.

It's a good thing that I AM smart and can easily prove! IRW! I have 2 XDMs of 40 and 10mm, so that will be a start. It will take some time too weigh each part for a collective comparison. The glocks having a different slide weight wont give a identical comparison. One thing I don't know is the spring weight on the 2 XDMs? Maybe I'll swap and test on factory loads? Here's a test for you if you have a 357sig and a 9mm for comparisons? The 9mm with a 147gr (fmj in this case) and a 357sig with the same bullet. The pressure too get the same velocity will be less in the sig due too the larger case capacity. This is a test I have done using the same brand and type of powder. The test was done in a glock 17 and 31 both gen4. Same slide, spring and frame(not same mag of course). There is more gas volume and less pressure for the sig, so the same applies too the 40 and 10mm in the same manner! Here's a question. Do you think/know is there more recoil in a 135gr with the same muzzle energy and a 180gr with the same gun? Both not having the same pressure, but not the same velocity too achieve the same muzzle energy. No need too use the internet as for information will be subjective.

It may “feel” different to you, but Newton's 3rd law is pretty immutable.

It may “feel” different to you, but Newton's 3rd law is pretty immutable.
I don't have a science lab or high dollar electronics. Quickload was to erratic too show results even from published data for comparison. I know so I don't have to believe, so you keep on believing that you know! The 3rd law doesn't account for pressure difference. The force is different because of the pressure (gas volume) being a changed value. 3rd law is not exact only a guide. He's out dated by the way. Try Newton's 2nd law since you want too go there.

It's a good thing that I AM smart and can easily prove! IRW! I have 2 XDMs of 40 and 10mm, so that will be a start. It will take some time too weigh each part for a collective comparison. The glocks having a different slide weight wont give a identical comparison. One thing I don't know is the spring weight on the 2 XDMs? Maybe I'll swap and test on factory loads? Here's a test for you if you have a 357sig and a 9mm for comparisons? The 9mm with a 147gr (fmj in this case) and a 357sig with the same bullet. The pressure too get the same velocity will be less in the sig due too the larger case capacity. This is a test I have done using the same brand and type of powder. The test was done in a glock 17 and 31 both gen4. Same slide, spring and frame(not same mag of course). There is more gas volume and less pressure for the sig, so the same applies too the 40 and 10mm in the same manner! Here's a question. Do you think/know is there more recoil in a 135gr with the same muzzle energy and a 180gr with the same gun? Both not having the same pressure, but not the same velocity too achieve the same muzzle energy. No need too use the internet as for information will be subjective.
I think I understand what you are asking at the end, I would say the 135gr would have less recoil at the same muzzle energy because you are pushing a lighter bullet down the barrel...

True that SMSgtRod!

My wife says the SIG is "cute!" Of course she's right. But in the 9, 10, 40, 45 war
the match of the 9mm bullet to the 40 case is like heaven.
I like to call the 357 SIG a 9mm Magnum. Use a nasty design 9mm bullet on top
of a SIG case and you most certainly have a stopper. Worked great at the church
shooting. One round, down and out. I carried 357 SIG before the shooting and still do.
In my opinion it's a well proven round. What is unfortunate is most folks won't
have the opportunity to shoot one. Unless they run in to me. (well, social distance please)
You can run a mag through mine if you'd like. Our range doesn't have one as a try me.

I think a lot of the 9mm issue is that the 9mm round a hundred years ago was ok but
was the best there was at the time. US turned it down for the 45.
But the 9mm round of the past ain't even close to the 9mm today. Someplace, maybe
here on TAL I recently read of an incident where a woman had to defend herself with a
9mm. One round, center mass, fatal wound. I don't think that there is a valid caliber war
anymore. Now it's just a matter of shot placement.
The End!

@TEXASforLIFE here is the formula for finding recoil.......with your two guns mentioned that you were going to compare use this formula and give us the numbers.
As I said, it is simple arithmetic and the formula for recoil energy is simply E=1/2 MV Squared, with "M" being mass of the gun and "V" being the recoil velocity. In other words, you simply square the velocity of recoil, which is easily calculated when we know the weight of the bullet and powder charge and its velocity when exiting from the muzzle. Multiply by the weight of the gun and divide by twice the acceleration of gravity, and you get the recoil energy in foot pounds.

My wife says the SIG is "cute!" Of course she's right. But in the 9, 10, 40, 45 war
shooting. One round, down and out. I carried 357 SIG before the shooting and still do.
have the opportunity to shoot one. Unless they run in to me. (well, social distance please)
You can run a mag through mine if you'd like. Our range doesn't have one as a try me.

I think a lot of the 9mm issue is that the 9mm round a hundred years ago was ok but
But the 9mm round of the past ain't even close to the 9mm today. Someplace, maybe
here on TAL I recently read of an incident where a woman had to defend herself with a
9mm. One round, center mass, fatal wound. I don't think that there is a valid caliber war
The End!
There was a 9 mag! Just call it a 9 super mag!

The End!
I equate my Sig 226 .357sig as a semi auto 357 magnum.

Back