testtest

Foward assist, You ever use it?

If you keep it clean and lubed properly the bolt goes in quite easily most of the time
IMG_5546.gif


😳😳
 
Just curious friend, what are you hunting with an AR ... I'm assuming you're referring to an AR15? I know what assuming does for us both, so correct me where I'm wrong. :rolleyes::unsure:
In a lot of states you can use an AR15 to hunt deer. Not much diff a round than a .243. My 8yr old son at the time killed doe with an AR15. Long ago.
Most folks hunting with an AR refer to a .308 AR10 though, but not always.
I use an AR10 for hogs and deer all the time. Legal in my state with no magazine round limit.
 
Thanks guys, but I knew all along the AR is legal and what it's usually used for, I was just curious what 'deadduck357' used his for. With a name like that I just couldn't see anyone duck hunting with it. In fact I'm not even sure there is an AR shotgun, is there? I'm reasonably familiar with the different versions and calibers of the AR platform, but have never owned nor wanted one. Over a lot of years I've hunted everything from squirrel (which BTW I consider the biggest small game, or the smallest of big game, and my all time favorite hunt ) and ground hogs to Moose and black bear. I can't say I've killed one of every animal in line between those, but pretty close to it. Truth be told, I've been hunting for about 74 years, sorta. Believe it or not, my very first hunting trip was when I was 5 years old. My dad took me with him on a quail hunt without dogs where we just walked them up. Now of course I didn't have a real gun, but iirc I carried my 'Red Ryder' cap gun just as if it were real ... that is until I got so tired I couldn't even walk, much less carry the gun. And on the way home daddy carried his shotgun, my cap gun, and me ... along with the 3 quail "we" shot that day.

Love ya dad!
 
My Sig 516 is my primary hog gun, sent many to the train station with that rifle. I use a 7mm magnum in a Browning Safari II for deer
Dang Hayes, that 7mm mag is quite ample for Florida deer ain't it? 'Course in very north Fl they do come a little bigger than Florida as a whole. Down around where I hunt the average buck will weigh in about 90-140+/- and does 70-85+/-. I use .270Win with hand loads designed especially for the game I'm hunting. Almost every game animal from feral hogs to moose I've ever taken was with a .270Win except one Pronghorn Antelope I shot back in 1986 with a borrowed friend's 30/06. I had dropped my rifle and was afraid I had knocked the scope off and didn't have time or place at that moment to check it. Shot a few hogs and deer early in my hunting years with a pre1964 Mod94 30/30. Most all my small game hunting was either .22cal or scatter gun from an old Savage .22LR over 410bore. Still have the 30/30 but sold the Savage many years ago. Actually traded it for a handgun and have regretted it everyday since.
 
Dang Hayes, that 7mm mag is quite ample for Florida deer ain't it? 'Course in very north Fl they do come a little bigger than Florida as a whole. Down around where I hunt the average buck will weigh in about 90-140+/- and does 70-85+/-. I use .270Win with hand loads designed especially for the game I'm hunting. Almost every game animal from feral hogs to moose I've ever taken was with a .270Win except one Pronghorn Antelope I shot back in 1986 with a borrowed friend's 30/06. I had dropped my rifle and was afraid I had knocked the scope off and didn't have time or place at that moment to check it. Shot a few hogs and deer early in my hunting years with a pre1964 Mod94 30/30. Most all my small game hunting was either .22cal or scatter gun from an old Savage .22LR over 410bore. Still have the 30/30 but sold the Savage many years ago. Actually traded it for a handgun and have regretted it everyday since.
We have some pretty big deer. I shot deer with .308 for years but didn't like that they would often run off a few yards. The 7mm plants them
 
Back
Top