If you keep it clean and lubed properly the bolt goes in quite easily most of the time
Just curious friend, what are you hunting with an AR ... I'm assuming you're referring to an AR15? I know what assuming does for us both, so correct me where I'm wrong.Yes, I use it when hunting in or near the woods to close chamber after easing the bolt down with CH so not to allow the loud slap of chambering a round.
In a lot of states you can use an AR15 to hunt deer. Not much diff a round than a .243. My 8yr old son at the time killed doe with an AR15. Long ago.Just curious friend, what are you hunting with an AR ... I'm assuming you're referring to an AR15? I know what assuming does for us both, so correct me where I'm wrong.![]()
I have killed deer with several different calibers of AR's some on the 10 platform and some on the 15Just curious friend, what are you hunting with an AR ... I'm assuming you're referring to an AR15? I know what assuming does for us both, so correct me where I'm wrong.![]()
Usually pigs but deer also, 300BLK AR-15. Other times Mini 30 (it's easier to quietly chamber a round). When 'extra' Big gnarly boys are on the camera then the 30-30.Just curious friend, what are you hunting with an AR ... I'm assuming you're referring to an AR15? I know what assuming does for us both, so correct me where I'm wrong.![]()
Dang Hayes, that 7mm mag is quite ample for Florida deer ain't it? 'Course in very north Fl they do come a little bigger than Florida as a whole. Down around where I hunt the average buck will weigh in about 90-140+/- and does 70-85+/-. I use .270Win with hand loads designed especially for the game I'm hunting. Almost every game animal from feral hogs to moose I've ever taken was with a .270Win except one Pronghorn Antelope I shot back in 1986 with a borrowed friend's 30/06. I had dropped my rifle and was afraid I had knocked the scope off and didn't have time or place at that moment to check it. Shot a few hogs and deer early in my hunting years with a pre1964 Mod94 30/30. Most all my small game hunting was either .22cal or scatter gun from an old Savage .22LR over 410bore. Still have the 30/30 but sold the Savage many years ago. Actually traded it for a handgun and have regretted it everyday since.My Sig 516 is my primary hog gun, sent many to the train station with that rifle. I use a 7mm magnum in a Browning Safari II for deer
Well, there ya are!!!!
We have some pretty big deer. I shot deer with .308 for years but didn't like that they would often run off a few yards. The 7mm plants themDang Hayes, that 7mm mag is quite ample for Florida deer ain't it? 'Course in very north Fl they do come a little bigger than Florida as a whole. Down around where I hunt the average buck will weigh in about 90-140+/- and does 70-85+/-. I use .270Win with hand loads designed especially for the game I'm hunting. Almost every game animal from feral hogs to moose I've ever taken was with a .270Win except one Pronghorn Antelope I shot back in 1986 with a borrowed friend's 30/06. I had dropped my rifle and was afraid I had knocked the scope off and didn't have time or place at that moment to check it. Shot a few hogs and deer early in my hunting years with a pre1964 Mod94 30/30. Most all my small game hunting was either .22cal or scatter gun from an old Savage .22LR over 410bore. Still have the 30/30 but sold the Savage many years ago. Actually traded it for a handgun and have regretted it everyday since.