testtest

Bent Hellcat Trigger Guard

Here's a suggestion for you. Tighten the crosstip screws on the face of the holster to increase pressure across the entire pistol and see if that helps. It works for me with my XD-M Elite.

Yeah I started cranking them down to see but the bushings are so thick not sure it will really give much. Also leaving Hellcat out of holster a few days and carrying XDs 4.0 to see if trigger guard recovers or not. More out of curiosity than anything.

Yeah I started cranking them down to see but the bushings are so thick not sure it will really give much. Also leaving Hellcat out of holster a few days and carrying XDs 4.0 to see if trigger guard recovers or not. More out of curiosity than anything.

I’m definitely interested in a follow up. 👍

I can't help but worry about this since I don't want to hurt my new Hellcat. I had never heard of this till now, but then I hadn't bought a new gun in many years till the Hellcat, and nothing with any poly parts that I'm aware of. So, my question is this ..... are there any products other than these two to steer clear of? I think what the issue for me is if we don't know the actual chemical ingredient in these two that wreak the havoc on poly firearms, how do we identify which other ones (other than these two) to pass on?
I always check with the cleaners web sight to see if it can be safely used on polymer guns, most gun cleaning web sights will tell you if it’s not. I know S&W recommends NOT to use anything with ammonia in the cleaning products.

So how hot did you get it with the heat gun? I ask because I have kydex on the way to make a custom holster for myself, and it needs to be in the 360-390 degree range to be moldable to the pistol...

Well, there ya' go! Thanks much BET7. I knew you were a scholar and a gentleman. (y)

Haven't seen or heard much from OKIE in a while. Has he been on vacation or sumptin?
I haven’t been engaging as much because of family stuff going on (also the reason I haven’t replied to our private convo; well that and I’m forgetful as 🤬; certainly not intentional). But, I am always lurking and putting out fires with my mod bros. I even found this awesome little widget for my iPhone that lets me see what’s going on in the forum without ever opening a browser.
747590C6-208C-48A2-AB0D-2DF163A69799.png

I haven’t been engaging as much because of family stuff going on (also the reason I haven’t replied to our private convo; well that and I’m forgetful as 🤬; certainly not intentional). But, I am always lurking and putting out fires with my mod bros. I even found this awesome little widget for my iPhone that lets me see what’s going on in the forum without ever opening a browser. View attachment 10771

Cool widget, what’s it called?

im running the same holster. I will def request a replacement if it happens though.

I think its probably an issue with the Hellcat more than the Reckoning. I believe all their holsters use that retention and I would think it would be a lot more common if truly an issue. Seems like a too thin or not hard enough polymer in the trigger guard or just like how some guns don't like certain ammo, maybe some guns don't like certain holsters. I really like the Reckoning though...

Dang, I saw Crossbreed holsters mentioned, and I use 2 of their Pac Mat (velcro-backed) holsters for my EZ9; one in truck console, one in sling bag. They don't have adjustable tension, but one has a firmer fit than the other one. Anyway, went and checked my pistol and saw a noticeable bend in the trigger guard. Said "oh crap" to myself, so I looked up a pic on the internet. It's designed-in, so crisis averted. Whew!

20201006_093439.jpg

Most Crossbreed holsters do not have adjustable retention. If your gun is disfigured by a holster without adjustable retention it’s reasonable to assign blame to the manufacturer of the gun. Most people aren’t going to continue to use or store their gun in a holster you had to force the gun into to begin with. I don’t generally store guns in holsters anyway and I’ve been using CB Minitucks with my Shields for a few years with no problems. I’m wearing a Shield .40 in one right now.

I tried using the trigger retention device on my Reckoning holster, but really didn't need it. The retention is sufficient using the screws on the face of the holster coupled with my gun belt.

I think its probably an issue with the Hellcat more than the Reckoning. I believe all their holsters use that retention and I would think it would be a lot more common if truly an issue. Seems like a too thin or not hard enough polymer in the trigger guard or just like how some guns don't like certain ammo, maybe some guns don't like certain holsters. I really like the Reckoning though...

I agree. The trigger gaurd material is way too think. You can move it with your finger. I've had my gun in the reckoning holster for less than 2 weeks and can already feel the beginnings of this issue. I'm in the process of emailing springfield and crossbreed to notify them of this issue.

how's this for customer service......

Hello Troy,

Thank you for contacting us and for the feedback.

We've only heard of this happening twice before with our Reckoning holster, and both were on Hellcat's. It seems that the issue might be with the material on the trigger guard of the Hellcat. Our retention device doesn't have a lot of pressure that is exerted on the bottom of the trigger guard, just enough to adjust the positioning of the firearm in the holster.

We'd be happy to remake your Reckoning holster without the retention device, if you'd like, which would allow you to tighten the retention as much as you'd like with the front screws? Just let us know and we'll be glad to get that process started.

no response from Springfield

Hello Troy,

We've only heard of this happening twice before with our Reckoning holster, and both were on Hellcat's. It seems that the issue might be with the material on the trigger guard of the Hellcat. Our retention device doesn't have a lot of pressure that is exerted on the bottom of the trigger guard, just enough to adjust the positioning of the firearm in the holster.

We'd be happy to remake your Reckoning holster without the retention device, if you'd like, which would allow you to tighten the retention as much as you'd like with the front screws? Just let us know and we'll be glad to get that process started.

not surprised no answer yet from Springfield but awesome reply from Crossbreed. I might need to reach out myself.

Hello Troy,

Crossbreed is squared away. I had an issue once, so I contacted customer service. They apologized for the inconvenience and sent a RMA for the return item and automatically shipped a replacement at the same time.

Just emailed Crossbreed, be interesting to see if they put slimmer bushings in the holster or not. Mine are pretty thick on the leading edge like to the point it seems they might need to be fairly crushed to actually put enough pressure on kydex for that to be only retention. Maybe I am expecting too much retention? Always thought it should stay put in holster if held inverted and gently shaken?

I know my Aliengear Cloaktuck will hold my XDs 4.0 just fine like that and draws no problem when needed.

Back