testtest

Coolest gun moment in a movie

I love Pulp Fiction and the famous photo/scene that goes with it...

1580312233092.png

The shootout scene in Heat was pretty awesome!

But nothing beats the realistic action of the Matrix 🤣
"Heat" great Michael Mann film. It's a film that goes down as one of the more accurate during the "shootout" scene, which was loosely based on true events that took place in Los Angles during a Bank Robbery. I saw a documentary on that Shootout, with actual helicopter footage from the incident. The police were so "outgunned", they went to local gun stores during the fire fight to get ARs and such to help level the field. The TV made movie on the FBI shootout in Miami was also interesting. It lead them to try using the 10mm to replace the 9mm's they had at the time.

"Heat" great Michael Mann film. It's a film that goes down as one of the more accurate during the "shootout" scene, which was loosely based on true events that took place in Los Angles during a Bank Robbery. I saw a documentary on that Shootout, with actual helicopter footage from the incident. The police were so "outgunned", they went to local gun stores during the fire fight to get ARs and such to help level the field. The TV made movie on the FBI shootout in Miami was also interesting. It lead them to try using the 10mm to replace the 9mm's they had at the time.
I remember watching the LA shootout on live TV it was insane! Two steroid goons covered in body armor walking down the street just shooting at everything. It's amazing nobody but the bad guys were killed if I remember correctly.
The Miami Dade shootout is what caused the FBI to adopt the 10mm because it was assumed that under penetration was the reason the agents were killed when years later other evidence points to the poor tactics and poor firearms experience displayed by the agents in the shootout.

Last edited:

I think the Gun Kata scene from Equilibrium is one of the best. Not because of the quality or content but because I attended a course where a participant tried using these moves. It took about half the class time to get them out of their moves, but it was priceless.

Back