testtest

New Saint Edge Pistol Owner Has Question

The flat nickel boron trigger is an upgrade from the milspec, as an Edge should have, not a supply issue. My Edge PDW has one. Single stage, short, and was stiff as Tactical🏴‍☠️ said. It has loosened up a bit with dry firing, guesstimate ~ 3.5#-4#’s

PDW arrived.
A02B6A4B-60FD-47F7-86FA-324517FFFB87.jpeg

I really disliked the feel of the short plastic Reptilian grip that Springfield Armory put on the Saint Edge PDW and replaced it with the rubberized comfort of a Magpul MOE +, much better feel and comfort while handling.

I don’t understand why the Saint didn’t have it to begin with.

ACBD6EF4-E8A1-4639-A6F4-E1B60F0BFB02.jpeg

I really disliked the feel of the short plastic Reptilian grip that Springfield Armory put on the Saint Edge PDW and replaced it with the rubberized comfort of a Magpul MOE +, much better feel and comfort while handling.

View attachment 14509
I replaced the hard plastic grip my Saint Victor pistol came with as well. Put a softer rubberized Magpul on it and like it a lot better as well.

I replaced the hard plastic grip my Saint Victor pistol came with as well. Put a softer rubberized Magpul on it and like it a lot better as well.
Yes, I think the one you had is what I have on the Saint Edge pistol, it's an ok Bravo Company Gunfighter handle to my knowledge, the Magpul Moe Plus is superior and I'll probably trade it out at some point. It's better than what was on the PDW IMO.

My Geissele has an underwhelming factory grip as well, everyone just needs to give in to Magpul while they're boxing their magazines and ask for a 22 dollar grip to replace the inferior 18 dollar grips they seem to like to use.

The PDW got the Reptilia because they were going for compact size throughout the Pistol. It's a solid 1 1/2" shorter than the MOE. Yes the MOE is a little more comfortable but the added thickness of the CQG helps balance the shorter length. Compared to the gunfighter on my Saint Pistol I think I actually like the PDW's CQG better.

Regarding the trigger in the Edge line of springfield, neither has ever been a “mil spec” trigger, afaik. I believe they simply decided to change out to the flat style.

The edge rifles and pistols use a drop in style trigger. Suspicion is that they’re using the rise armament 140 trigger, as they look identical.

This is the trigger pulled from an edge:
9251652F-1C74-443C-8602-94D6E4FC8C1A.jpeg

For comparison, this is a rise armament trigger:

796BBB8E-D8CC-43BF-ADF9-913C786F709E.jpeg

Regarding the trigger in the Edge line of springfield, neither has ever been a “mil spec” trigger, afaik. I believe they simply decided to change out to the flat style.

The edge rifles and pistols use a drop in style trigger. Suspicion is that they’re using the rise armament 140 trigger, as they look identical.

This is the trigger pulled from an edge:View attachment 14683

For comparison, this is a rise armament trigger:

View attachment 14684
The basic design appears similar but not exact.

Look at the angle cut on the Edge trigger and the impressession on the left side of the case.

There's quite a few manufacturers that produce a similar trigger design and If you look inside an AR15 lower there's really not a lot of space to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the overall shape of the housing and that's why it may appear to look like a Rise 140 though I'm unsure if Rise produces triggers under different brands/style like the Edge's trigger for specific clients.

I have the Rise 140 in a few builds in flat & bowed trigger styles.

Last edited:
The basic design appears similar but not exact.

Look at the angle cut on the Edge trigger and the impressession on the left side of the case.

There's quite a few manufacturers that produce a similar trigger design and If you look inside an AR15 lower there's really not a lot of space to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the overall shape of the housing and that's why it may appear to look like a Rise 140, though I'm unsure if Rise produces triggers under different brands/style like the Edge's trigger for specific clients.

I have the Rise 140 in a few builds in flat & bowed trigger styles.
Good eye. Ya, who knows. I looked up a bunch of drop ins, this is definitely the closest one. I wouldn’t be surprised that rise armament makes it for Springfield, tho.

One thing I do know, this is by far the best trigger I’ve shot from an “off the shelf“ AR from a large manufacturer. Granted, this is the first non custom or so called “top tier“ AR I’ve owned, so there is that, heh.

Good eye. Ya, who knows. I looked up a bunch of drop ins, this is definitely the closest one. I wouldn’t be surprised that rise armament makes it for Springfield, tho.

One thing I do know, this is by far the best trigger I’ve shot from an “off the shelf“ AR from a large manufacturer. Granted, this is the first non custom or so called “top tier“ AR I’ve owned, so there is that, heh.
They definitely are beautiful AR's with a lot of options for the money!

Rise makes a pretty nice trigger also and they don't break the bank.

I've shot a lot of off the shelf rifles, and the M&P 15 line and Saint Edge are the best triggers, Ruger and Windham have pretty gritty mil spec ones, not bad but not as good as the M&P line or Saint line.

M&P 15 Sport 2 has an above average "mil spec" out the box, but their M&P 15X, M&P 15T have very good S&W triggers, and their M&P 15 VTACII has a Geissele single stage trigger out the box.

I've shot a lot of off the shelf rifles, and the M&P 15 line and Saint Edge are the best triggers, Ruger and Windham have pretty gritty mil spec ones, not bad but not as good as the M&P line or Saint line.

M&P 15 Sport 2 has an above average "mil spec" out the box, but their M&P 15X, M&P 15T have very good S&W triggers, and their M&P 15 VTACII has a Geissele single stage trigger out the box.
Didn’t know that! what are your thoughts and feels about the Geissele trigger in the M&P 15 vs what’s in the Springfield Edge?

Didn’t know that! what are your thoughts and feels about the Geissele trigger in the M&P 15 vs what’s in the Springfield Edge?
Very fluid, almost like a hair trigger. I like the Edge too, it's just different, a little more rigid.

Even for a Geissele it's butter smooth, I have a Geissele Super Duty AR pistol myself, it has a two stage trigger that is clean and awesome but the one they put on that M&P is just butter.

The VTACII was designed in tandem with Viking Tactics and Kyle Lamb.

It's the M&P premium rifle outside of their Performance Center offerings.

I prefer M&P rifles over other off the rack AR style rifles and Springfield Armory pistols over other off the rack AR pistols.

For what ever reason, M&P nailed the quality for the buck in the rifle, and Springfield Armory did it with the pistol platform.

Put in perspective, premium M&P and Saint Edge offerings are still cheaper than most Daniel Defense entry level offerings.

And frankly for the money, they're a better deal.

I changed the grips on both the Edge and M&P to Magpul, lone thing I didn't like out of the box.

Very fluid, almost like a hair trigger. I like the Edge too, it's just different, a little more rigid.

Even for a Geissele it's butter smooth, I have a Geissele Super Duty AR pistol myself, it has a two stage trigger that is clean and awesome but the one they put on that M&P is just butter.

The VTACII was designed in tandem with Viking Tactics and Kyle Lamb.

It's the M&P premium rifle outside of their Performance Center offerings.

I prefer M&P rifles over other off the rack AR style rifles and Springfield Armory pistols over other off the rack AR pistols.

For what ever reason, M&P nailed the quality for the buck in the rifle, and Springfield Armory did it with the pistol platform.

Put in perspective, premium M&P and Saint Edge offerings are still cheaper than most Daniel Defense entry level offerings.

And frankly for the money, they're a better deal.

I changed the grips on both the Edge and M&P to Magpul, lone thing I didn't like out of the box.
I've got a Sig Vtac AR I bought a couple years ago and it's a great rifle! The only thing I changed on it was the charging handle that I replaced with a Radian Raptor SD. I have the latest version they made where they took the sword off the receiver and put it on the handguard.

Back