testtest

New Saint Edge Pistol Owner Has Question

Not positive, but my guess would be that it is the weight in ounces. Not sure what the S would stand for (maybe Saint?), but maybe the 3.30 is ounces. A carbine length rifle would have a standard weight of 3 ounces. The H for heavy would be 3.8 ounces. Weights go up from there with H2 & H3. My guess is that SA designed the weight to work best with their barrel and gas tube length. Maybe someone who actually knows can respond instead of me taking guesses. :)
The S is just a buffer classification like the H (sometimes marked as H1), H2 and H3.

The buffer rattle is normal for the AR platform and is nothing to be concerned about. It occurs across brands and configurations.

Other things you will notice is a slight scraping sound as the weapon is cycled. This is caused by the spring scraping against the inside of the buffer tube as it is compressed and released, and this is also normal for the AR platform.
On occasion you may hear a slight "twang" during firing caused by the rapid compression and release of the buffer spring. Again, this is normal.

You can get third party buffer assemblies that eliminate these sounds, if you wish, but it would just be an added expense for no real positive gain.
Would you happen to know why Springfield Armory changed the triggers they put on the Saint Edge Pistol? They started putting the nickel boron coated flat trigger on them, previously that had a smooth single stage black mil spec trigger.

Any insight as to why they made the change?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on that, please, wasn't aware of trigger shortages.

Not unhappy with the nickel boron plated flat trigger, just curious why they altered the design.
Ok the supply chain for every part to make a firearm has been disrupted by the pandemic. Every gun manufacturer is trying to put guns on the market. It’s the same as ammunition, supply and demand.

Would you happen to know why Springfield Armory changed the triggers they put on the Saint Edge Pistol? They started putting the nickel boron coated flat trigger on them, previously that had a smooth single stage black mil spec trigger.

Any insight as to why they made the change?
I just looked at the website. The Saint Edge Rifle lists the single stage black trigger you are talking about. The Saint Edge Pistol lists the nickel boron coated flat trigger. Are you sure the Pistol used to be listed as having the single stage black or could you have looked at the rifle by mistake? And the single stage black trigger is flat as well with the rifle.

I just looked at the website. The Saint Edge Rifle lists the single stage black trigger you are talking about. The Saint Edge Pistol lists the nickel boron coated flat trigger. Are you sure the Pistol used to be listed as having the single stage black or could you have looked at the rifle by mistake? And the single stage black trigger is flat as well with the rifle.
Yes sir, used to have it.

iu.png

And this is allegedly influenced by component availability? Seems odd, I can understand changing an item because you want to tweak a design, but it seems like trigger manufacturing wouldn't be under any more duress than the rest of the gun.
Well maybe not so much a design change, but definitely cheaper sights.

Triggers I don't really understand because I can buy a Gieselle trigger or any other I want right now, but...

Interesting, first I've heard of a component shortage causing design alterations.
I've recently seen new Ruger Mini-14s at my LGS with aftermarket Hogue stocks because I would assume Ruger is having a similar supply issue because the house stock option is not even listed on their site. A lot of industry is still closed or understaffed currently due to Covid, so a lot of manufacturers are using alternatives to keep up with demand.

The alternative parts don't necessarily mean inferior and maybe even superior to the original design.

I've recently seen new Ruger Mini-14s at my LGS with aftermarket Hogue stocks because I would assume Ruger is having a similar supply issue because the house stock option is not even listed on their site. A lot of industry is still closed or understaffed currently due to Covid, so a lot of manufacturers are using alternatives to keep up with demand.

The alternative parts don't necessarily mean inferior and maybe even superior to the original design.
Yeah, I'm not unhappy with the trigger they put on my Edge, just wondered the rationale because the old one was a good trigger.

It's a very rigid one, not as fluid as a Geissele, I think it will be better once broken in. Just dry firing it so far.
I've got Rise armament single stage triggers quite a few builds and they are a bargain in terms of pull weight, travel length, & reset.

They are listed at a 3.5lb pull.

I also have a few mil-spec nickel triggers in some builds.

Back