testtest

XDMAN's take on the Springfield Hellcat RDP

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
At least we now know what the Hex WASP sight is am I right? This is why the RDP gets me all giddy all inside.

I was curious as to whether or not an I would be able to get parts to upgrade my osp version to the RDP. Hoping you could get a threaded barrel and the compensator and just swap them out. Unfortunately I was told this was not possible. I have to say I am pretty disappointed in them not offering these parts.

I was curious as to whether or not an I would be able to get parts to upgrade my osp version to the RDP. Hoping you could get a threaded barrel and the compensator and just swap them out. Unfortunately I was told this was not possible. I have to say I am pretty disappointed in them not offering these parts.
Doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to do. If SA doesn’t do it, I’m sure someone will come up with an aftermarket barrel/compensator combo to sell.

Yeah, that doesn’t show how the barrel is machined.
Does this help?

8B3EA442-D299-4C04-8ACF-F251DCC14689.jpg

Looking at that barrel...that appears to have a lot of extra “meat” between the threads and the front of the slide to accommodate the cutout.

Interesting.
Looks like the notch is cut back pretty close to even with the guide rod standoff. The barrel on the regular Hellcat is 3” and the barrel on the RDP is 3.8”. That should give an indication on how far back the threads are cut.

Kinda...looks like a notch or divot is cut at 6:00.

I"m just wondering how difficult the cuts would be to replicate if I wanted to move it to a different pistol, or if the comps would become available aftermarket.
I am going to attempt it with my XDME OSP, threaded barrel. Yes you will have to cut a shallow relief cut at the 6’oclock. Just enough to be able to catch the latching mechanism. You know I am going to have to be the first one in the country to have an XDM-Hellelite.

I am going to attempt it with my XDME OSP, threaded barrel. Yes you will have to cut a shallow relief cut at the 6’oclock. Just enough to be able to catch the latching mechanism. You know I am going to have to be the first one in the country to have an XDM-Hellelite.
Compensator looks and sounds to be a thread chaser type with a compression lock on compensator's threads. - Especially with mentioned lever mechanism. Was also thinking of barrel divit for alignment along with high barrel shoulder/limiter above barrel threads. Sounds like good well thought out idea/invention. Eliminates o-ring or compression washer too. Nice stuff!

Back