testtest

XDMAN's take on the Springfield Hellcat RDP

More on the RDP and Hex optics from Gun Talk. Later in the video Ryan Gresham talks with SA's Rob Leatham who discusses the Hellcat RDP, both Hex optics, and their development. Good video, 14+ minutes in length.

More on the RDP and Hex optics from Gun Talk. Later in the video Ryan Gresham talks with SA's Rob Leatham who discusses the Hellcat RDP, both Hex optics, and their development. Good video, 14+ minutes in length.

Good video...

Educate me please. What's the difference between a Compensator and a ported barrel.
ports are usually mid barrel - also called "popple holes" The problem is these vent gas before the projectile is up to speed and they apply downward pressure mid barrel. Comps bleed gas after the projectile is up to speed and apply downward force where it combats muzzle climb best - at the end of the barrel. The result is you lose no FPS on your load and you gain a flatter shooting gun.

Comps can also vent gas to the sides to help correct grip imbalances - Ports are basically venting gas straight up or offset.

SVI is not doing "holes" for the ports any more but little offset bars venting the gas up in a "V" pattern before the compensator. SVI is one of the best on comp designs but they only do it for race guns.

Comps have a bigger orifice letting out more gas whereas ported models feel more like a traditional pistol without any sort of compensation.

I can take my open gun and hold it point blank on a shot up USPSA target covered in patches and do a mag dump and not disturb any pastches. With a ported gun - I'd blow off all the pastches because so much gas is exiting the muzzle and hitting the target.

I am going to attempt it with my XDME OSP, threaded barrel. Yes you will have to cut a shallow relief cut at the 6’oclock. Just enough to be able to catch the latching mechanism. You know I am going to have to be the first one in the country to have an XDM-Hellelite.
I'd be tempted to try a comp with a much larger port.

Ideally - a large 2 or 4 port comp and pair it with a good reduced power mag spring and some +P 115s.

I immediately was curious if they're going to release a comp for the OSP XDME.

Back