testtest

M1A Scope Mounting Guide

Good video for the aluminum set up, thank you.

Questions regarding the steel scope mount from Springfield...does it still work with the iron sights as well? Are they viewed below the scope mount or above? Thank you very much!

Anyone that puts a scope mount on an M1A needs to add-on a cheek-rest to deal with the height of the scope when mounted.

Anyone that puts a scope mount on an M1A needs to add-on a cheek-rest to deal with the height of the scope when mounted.
Sure looks like it to me from looking at M1A rifle pic too -from pic just before video started with scope attached.

Just finished putting a scope mount on an AK-47. Wasn't quite so quick fit/dismount at 1st. Lot of filing. testing, filing.
Mount works and slides on/off and locks up great now. May end up doing same with cheek rest. Not quite sure yet.

Good video for the aluminum set up, thank you.

Questions regarding the steel scope mount from Springfield...does it still work with the iron sights as well? Are they viewed below the scope mount or above? Thank you very much!
You can see under them but not well. I wouldn't plan on using your irons after the mount is installed.

You can see under them but not well. I wouldn't plan on using your irons after the mount is installed.
Thank you for the good info benstt. If there is not a scope mounted, are they viable? I know the rear sight can be elevated, but didn't know if that was any help. Thanks again.

Thank you for the good info benstt. If there is not a scope mounted, are they viable? I know the rear sight can be elevated, but didn't know if that was any help. Thanks again.
If you want to use your sights, I recommend you look at Sadlak mounts. They are designed so you can still use the sights even with the scope mounted.

Springfield mounts (at least the aluminum mount) require you to remove the rear sight altogether.

There are what's called "See Through" scope rings made if helpful?
Finding good quality rings in stock locally, online or available is another thing:

Like these:

This is a 4th generation aluminum mount. I can't say what a steel mount is like.

Attachments

• 20210406_102433.jpg
    20210406_102433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 329
  • 20210406_102410.jpg
    20210406_102410.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 257
There are what's called "See Through" scope rings made if helpful?
Finding good quality rings in stock locally, online or available is another thing:

Like these:

The Sadlak mounts have a channel milled in the mount itself.

I've got the Scout model with SA scope mount over the receiver and a Leupold VZ-3 3-9x40 scope. It's exactly what I need to see what I'm hitting (or not!). Odd question, but should I infer from the huge screws on the mount that I can remove the mount/scope for safe storage and then reattach the assembly without all the hammer work? What are the odds of retaining a decent zero?

I've got the Scout model with SA scope mount over the receiver and a Leupold VZ-3 3-9x40 scope. It's exactly what I need to see what I'm hitting (or not!). Odd question, but should I infer from the huge screws on the mount that I can remove the mount/scope for safe storage and then reattach the assembly without all the hammer work? What are the odds of retaining a decent zero?

All the good M1A mounts are made to be securely mounted on the rifle 99.99....% of the time, and not made to take off & put on as a convenience.

If you choose to take the SA mount off and on regularly you should test it to see how it affects your zero.

Back