testtest

Hellcat primer drag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoNic

Elite
Is this bad? Casing fired from my Hellcat.

20210407_115708 (2).jpg

The Sig P365 leaves a dragged line on the primer also.

It's most likely nothing to worry about if the pistol doesn't have any issues cycling.

The P365 had strikers break because of that. So I am not really happy that I see this on Hellcat too.
I think that Sig put a stronger return spring in their new strikers and also beveled the pin differently.

My Hellcat striker "jiggles" inside of I shake the removed slide, not sure if that means anything.

Last edited:
The P365 had strikers break because of that. So I am not really happy that I see this on Hellcat too.
I think that Sig put a stronger return spring in their new strikers and also beveled the pin differently.

My Hellcat striker "jiggles" inside of I shake the removed slide, not sure if that means anything.
You should probably get in touch with SA customer service if something doesn't seem right.

I have read somewhere that small pistols like this do seem to have this issue with primer drag, if you really concerned I would send Springfield pics and let them see what’s going on.

I get the same with my hellcat, and both my XD9sc, and one of the XD9 has had thousands of rounds through it. I think most pistols this short are going to do this to some degree.

Also, the hellcat striker is shaped differently than most, it's got more of a spear point, I'm not sure how that affects things.

I don't own a Cathell, never fired one, so this is a totally uneducated and ignorant shot in the dark: it seems the only thing that can make that mark in the primer is the firing pin? So the firing pin is still against the primer as the ejection cycle is in progress? Seems like an unnecessary stress/wear on the pin over time? Would a stronger striker spring retract the pin sooner? But......if there are no functional issues over the long haul perhaps nothing to worry about or fix?

Well, SA tested the Hellcat for 20,000 rounds and didn’t have any issues. I don’t remember reading anything saying they had to change the firing pin, so I’m not real worried about it. I’ve put several hundred rounds through mine with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back