testtest

What brand/type of shirt do you prefer when carrying in an OWB holster?

I have only IWB holsters but they are not the most comfortable in my opinion (probably because I'm fat!). Are there clothing companies that make shirts that hang on you in a manner not to show an outline and are long enough? Thank you.
From one fat guy to another, I'm a vest guy.

With a cotton tee underneath, in warm weather, the Duluth Trading vest I have (very similar to the one above) has a vented/mesh back so I can take anything up to about 85 degrees without passing out.

I have only IWB holsters but they are not the most comfortable in my opinion (probably because I'm fat!). Are there clothing companies that make shirts that hang on you in a manner not to show an outline and are long enough? Thank you.
5.11 makes clothes specifically for concealed carry. I have many of their shirts and they look great with or without a sidearm. You can check them out online at: https://www.511tactical.com/

From one fat guy to another, I'm a vest guy.

With a cotton tee underneath, in warm weather, the Duluth Trading vest I have (very similar to the one above) has a vented/mesh back so I can take anything up to about 85 degrees without passing out.
I call those “I have a gun!!!” vests...

Last yr my wife bought me a nice short-sleeve, lightly-patterned plaid, button-up, North Face brand shirt. Got it in an XL, like I usually wear, but it's tight across the shoulders, feeling like a L across that area of the shirt. I don't buy North Face myself, as I personally feel they're over-priced.

Last yr my wife bought me a nice short-sleeve, lightly-patterned, button-up North Face shirt. Got it in an XL, like I usually wear, but it's tight across the shoulders, feeling like a L across that area of the shirt. I don't buy North Face myself, as I personally feel they're over-priced.
NF is usually undersized, I’ve found. The few things of theirs I have, I ordered a size larger than I usually wear.

Interesting (sorta) info on Carhartt:

"Popular American Made Carhartt Products
  • Duck jackets – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Work-Dry socks – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Knit hats – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Dungaree pants – Kentucky and Tennessee

• "Popular Carhartt Products Not Made in the USA:
  • Jeans – Mexico
  • Boots – Mexico
  • Belts – Mexico
  • Bags – Mexico"
I can tell you with certainty their gray work pants are not made in America. I go through about 10 pair a year. Work provided so I don’t care.
Their Duck pants are unwearable except in January and February when not freezing takes precedence over comfort. Even then I don’t wear them.

I sta

I started with IWB Alien Gear 4.0 Shape Shifter stuff, but soon moved away from it. Too bulky for my build. Went to the We The People brand IWB and OWB (paddle holster), and found them quicker to donn & doff, however, the plastic belt clip on the IWB can be a weak point across the area where the adjustment screw holes are drilled. Found out replacement clips are around $5 each. I use the WTP paddle holsters when walking the dog at night, and at the range. My edc for awhile now is either an IWB or OWB Urban Carry LockLeather holster.

I wanted to try those Urban Carry LockLeather holsters but they were a bit pricy for me for the time being. Of course I could have just ****ing bought one off the bat instead of ending up with one leather holster im likely to never use.
Sons of bitches got me. =)

I can tell you with certainty their gray work pants are not made in America. I go through about 10 pair a year. Work provided so I don’t care.
Their Duck pants are unwearable except in January and February when not freezing takes precedence over comfort. Even then I don’t wear them.
Yep, unfortunately, far too many companies opted to use foreign mfg, and US jobs, along with quality drastically declined. I'm sure with the current regime in place, more of that will occur. We used to have a Carhartt sewing division here, and the bldg is still located across the hwy from where I used to work. I think that bldg is used just for Carhartt office space nowadays. We do have a huge Carhartt distribution/warehouse facility here, which thankfully employs a few hundred local folks.

Because it’s true.

They’re also called “Shoot me FIRST” vests.
Well crap. I guess yrs ago I was living on the edge and didn't know it, lol. I have an actual multi-pocketed photography/"safari" vest, that I actually used to wear when I was into photography, and carried photo gear in it. Also used it in warm weather for school-related activities when I was coaching high school orienteering, and went out of town to competitions. The varied pockets were handy for a compass/map/snacks/various small items. Have never carried a firearm in it. :)

Well crap. I guess yrs ago I was living on the edge and didn't know it, lol. I have an actual multi-pocketed photography/"safari" vest, that I actually used to wear when I was into photography, and carried photo gear in it. Also used it in warm weather for school-related activities when I was coaching high school orienteering, and went out of town to competitions. The varied pockets were handy for a compass/map/snacks/various small items. Have never carried a firearm in it. :)
Years ago, before they got adopted by the “Tactical Teds”, it was all good...

Now? I see someone wearing one, I’m immediately eyeballing them for where their gun is...and where their threat assessment is. It’s not common that I get spotted, even though I’m not too shy about giving them the hairy eyeball.

The few that can pick me out? I actually relax a bit...at least they’re aware that someone has pegged them.

Yep, unfortunately, far too many companies opted to use foreign mfg, and US jobs, along with quality drastically declined. I'm sure with the current regime in place, more of that will occur. We used to have a Carhartt sewing division here, and the bldg is still located across the hwy from where I used to work. I think that bldg is used just for Carhartt office space nowadays. We do have a huge Carhartt distribution/warehouse facility here, which thankfully employs a few hundred local folks.
Try finding a pair of union made boots that were built in the US. I’ll give you a hint. There’s only one. Thoroughgoods. They’re the boots I wear every day. $300-ish. Company pays half.

Interesting (sorta) info on Carhartt:

"Popular American Made Carhartt Products
  • Duck jackets – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Work-Dry socks – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Knit hats – Kentucky and Tennessee
  • Dungaree pants – Kentucky and Tennessee

• "Popular Carhartt Products Not Made in the USA:
  • Jeans – Mexico
  • Boots – Mexico
  • Belts – Mexico
  • Bags – Mexico"
Actually a good site and info, get's down to the nitty gritty, thanks for posting!

Now? I see someone wearing one, I’m immediately eyeballing them for where their gun is...and where their threat assessment is. It’s not common that I get spotted, even though I’m not too shy about giving them the hairy eyeball.

The few that can pick me out? I actually relax a bit...at least they’re aware that someone has pegged them.
Much about what to wear isn't just the type of clothing, but yet it is?

-Wearing something no one else around wears can be considered conspicuous and may stick out like a sore thumb.
But, can work to an advantage too? Not getting into that. CC is usually about fitting in with the crowd. And, some of CC is also good posture. Good fitting, slightly loose fitting clothing is best when allowing good movement....on or off the pot? :)

“Tactical Teds”

😆

Not sure I would key-in on soneone wearing a photography vest. Come to think of it, they are popular with some older folks around here that I see walking their dogs, or just out for a stroll on the local park trail. The people I tend to watch/notice more are the ones carrying what appear to be overly loaded shoulder/sling/daypacks when in commercial surroundings (stores, businesses, etc), especially if I see them get out of a vehicle and don their loaded pack to go into the store/business. If they're driving/have transportation, why the loaded bag. Just my observations. :)

Last edited:
Back