testtest

1911 not staying open on last round sometimes?

I am not a fan of Mec Gar mags and frankly the Ed Brown mags, while ok I guess, are not impressing me much either. I have a few of them and one of them is funky and now resides in a drawer. All my Wilson Combat mags work fine. I have a couple Kimber mags that work fine too, though I am told by someone here that Mec Gar makes them.

I am not a fan of Mec Gar mags and frankly the Ed Brown mags, while ok I guess, are not impressing me much either. I have a few of them and one of them is funky and now resides in a drawer. All my Wilson Combat mags work fine. I have a couple Kimber mags that work fine too, though I am told by someone here that Mec Gar makes them.
I have 4 Mec-Gar for my Emissary 45 and all work flawlessly.

I have 4 Mec-Gar for my Emissary 45 and all work flawlessly.
Apparently I have 2. Kimber mags.

Then I also have about 10 that don't. All aftermarket 10 round "Clinton ban" mags for a Llama Max II 13 rd. double stack .45 1911. I bought them a long time ago though. Shortly after the Clinton AWB took effect. Every one of them has horrible FTF problems. They are now making aftermarket 13 rd. mags for the same gun and I considered buying a couple, but I am reluctant.

+1 on the Wilson Combat mags. Never have a problem with them.

Apparently I have 2. Kimber mags.

Then I also have about 10 that don't. All aftermarket 10 round "Clinton ban" mags for a Llama Max II 13 rd. double stack .45 1911. I bought them a long time ago though. Shortly after the Clinton AWB took effect. Every one of them has horrible FTF problems. They are now making aftermarket 13 rd. mags for the same gun and I considered buying a couple, but I am reluctant.
I exclusively use Kimber mags in my 9mm Custom II 1911 in 9mm and there .45 mags in my Pro Carry II, never a issue with them

If you get a hankering for new mags check out the Vickers mags sold by Wilson. I've had a lot of experience with the .45 Vickers and it's the only mags I use now. I've had no experience with the Vickers 9mm mags but if they are anything like the .45 you may have found your last mags. They're expensive but worth every penny.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/MAGAZI...-SIZE-8-ROUND-STEEL-BASE-PAD/productinfo/800/

If you take a very high grip it may interfere with the slide release. I had this happen to me with a Walther PDP. Dropped my right thumb a little bit and it did not happen again.
Hey took the gun out and only had time to run a few mags but I guess you're right. I was careful where my thumb was and four out of four mags the slide stayed open. So I'm going to say that's it. Strange never had that happen in many years and different gun . Thanks for the help

Back